Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JD01519
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi there, i have had my DH for many years and realized that it has a magnet? It dors not work - any good ideas how to fix it?

#2 4 years ago

I would check the magnet fuse first or go in test mode and take the glass off and see if the magnet will grab the ball...it could be a failed magnet, but probably unlikely as they seem to typically work. You can buy replacement magnets at Marco or other if that is the case. Good luck!

#3 4 years ago

The magnet test is T16 on the test menu from the inside of the coin door.
The part number for the magnet is 20-9247.
You can find the manual for Dirty Harry here...https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=684
Hope this helps...good luck!

#4 4 years ago

Hi ItsOnlyPinball thanks very much, I will try this

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

The magnet test is T16 on the test menu from the inside of the coin door.
The part number for the magnet is 20-9247.
You can find the manual for Dirty Harry here...https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=684
Hope this helps...good luck!

I think that’s the best starting point. If the magnet test doesn’t work you can pulse the solenoids and see if you hear it pulsing. At least find out if it’s the coil itself. ( or even if the coil is getting power ) The most common issue seems be the optos being bad that activate the magnet.( I believe it’s rare that actual problem is a bad coil.. def possible but other stuff seems more common) Def go into test mode and roll the ball it see if the opto registers.

#6 4 years ago

Hi topkat i now tried the test and its pulsing - but does not work - do you think its the opto?

#7 4 years ago

Hi topkat and ItsOnlyPinball thx for your help. I can not find in my menu - where to enable / disable the magnet - fo you know?

#8 4 years ago

So I never found the magnet disable either
Go into switch levels and see if the opto closes when a ball goes through
Try some of the other optos so you can see how the circle changes on the display
Took me little bit to see how it works

#9 4 years ago

What did it do on magnet test
There is a special test If it works when the ball rolls up the opto closes, shows on the display and it hold the ball
See what that does or if it does anything

#10 4 years ago

topkat thx - I will try this test again. When i tried yesterday - the magnet made a high “stamping” noise - but it did not stop the ball. I will try to see if the opto closes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-magna-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.