View topic image gallery

20160318_213030_(resized).jpg
20160318_212710_(resized).jpg
20160318_213158_(resized).jpg
20160318_213329_(resized).jpg
20160318_212731_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Looking to add LEDs to my Dirty Harry & looking for suggestions and pictures. Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Post this one more time "Make my day punk"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

deleted four duplicate threads, don't shoot!

EDIT: Found a fifth one

#4 11 years ago

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened...

I guess that's what I get for trying to post off the iPad.

#5 11 years ago

I do not have pictures, but I did primarily frosted white on the inserts. I did Blue in the bullets which turned out ok. The Shotgun shells I left incandescent because the white frosted turned the shells from red to orange.

GL!

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the input jonogo.

Anyone have any pictures?

#7 11 years ago

This is off topic but I just got a Dirty Harry a couple of weeks ago, can't say I was blown away by the look of the game, but it came in a package at a good price. Anyway, I bought the Treasure Cove backboard decal for it and installed a set of pinball side mirrors, WOW, what a difference!!
All it needs now is some LED's in strategic places, and it's going to look awesome!! I'll post some pics when it is done.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from LockLit:

Looking to add LEDs to my Dirty Harry & looking for suggestions and pictures. Thanks

LEDs in Inserts for sure....standard bulbs in GI for sure.
You can add blue leds to the magazine clip which actually looks good to me, and I usually don't like changing colors of inserts.

#9 11 years ago

don't forget to get your 3 cliffy ball drop protectors! you might as well get with your leds, you will need to disassemble most of the playfield for installation. good luck!

#10 11 years ago

Awesome!

Who's selling the Dirty Harry cliffy's? I don't see them listed on his site, pinball life, etc...

#11 11 years ago

I added 4 reflectors (spotlights) to mine. Made a HUGE difference. No LEDS for me yet, but I may try some in the white inserts.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from LockLit:

Awesome!
Who's selling the Dirty Harry cliffy's? I don't see them listed on his site, pinball life, etc...

I got a set of prototypes from Cliffy awhile back. They look great. Not sure if they're officially for sale yet.

I had the whole game LEDed with Cointaker. Let the flickering drive me nuts for awhile, then went back to bulbs. I think bulbs look beautiful in DH. Something about that warm orange glow on the purple playfield is very cool for me.

At least stay with bulbs in backbox if you still want lighting effects .. Like when it all darkens except Clint.

#13 11 years ago

In case anybody didn't see my post this afternoon, the Cliffy Protectors for Dirty Harry are available...just not on his site yet.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yescliffy-protectors-for-dirty-harry-are-available-now

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from LockLit:

Awesome!

PM Cliffy he is a pinsider.

As for the LED's if you like the look of them trick it out.

1 week later
#15 11 years ago

I go with pinballife leds non ghost in the inserts. have led's in gi's. I also have 4-5? led flasher bulbs in, it makes it pop like tron! I find that the pf with the lights out is a dark pf with the setup. I just tell myself I have to lite the modes in the center to have better lighting in the middle of the playfield

Quoted from swampfire:

I added 4 reflectors (spotlights) to mine. Made a HUGE difference. No LEDS for me yet, but I may try some in the white inserts

that sounds like a great idea. the only advantage stern has over Williams was the 2 'overhead' spotlights that shine on the pf.

2 years later
#16 8 years ago

Custom LED job on Dirty Harry!

Ice blue LED bullets & magazine. Blue LED the right helicopter ramp and warehouse. I also added a frosted blue LED strip under the helicopter ramp to help light that area. Yellow LED the left ramp. Ice blue LED flashers in the buildings.

I also added a LED Cop Car mod.

20160318_212731_(resized).jpg20160318_212731_(resized).jpg

20160318_213329_(resized).jpg20160318_213329_(resized).jpg

20160318_213158_(resized).jpg20160318_213158_(resized).jpg

20160318_212710_(resized).jpg20160318_212710_(resized).jpg

20160318_213030_(resized).jpg20160318_213030_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-led-suggestions-pictures-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.