11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinfox.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinij93.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Well I just had an interesting adventure looking at a pinball machine. If anyone else goes and looks at this machine don't go alone! Here is the story. Went to look at a Diry Harry pinball priced at $1500. Ad said excellent condition. Sounded like a decent price so I went to go have a look. Everything started out ok. played a couple of games. Right flipper was sticking not working right. Did a check test, had error on right flipper and right ramp gate. Sling plastics had corners broken on them. Front of cabinet had a lot of touch up on it. Other than that didn't see to much else from quick look. I said i was interested but pointed everything out that was wrong with machine that I saw. Did not even get a chance to make an offer. The machine was in car shop lobby. He says let me show you something, he walks over to door, opens it and says get the Fu@# out. Now i am just trying to figure out what went wrong. He now changed ad, the title still says $1500, but in the ad it says $1795. and says if you are an idiot you will be ejected. Guess i will have to change my name to idiot now.

#3 11 years ago

I don't get it, If it not working complete people are going offer less. Especially if you don't disclose it up front. I did not even get a chance to offer less.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

Where was it? Just curious, I considered checking it out.

Just off Avon exit, took me 35 minutes not to far. Just tell him the idiot sent you.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Pinij,
You should write out exactly what you said and how you said it.
Busch,
You should go and do the exact same motions/speech.
Everyone in driving distance should follow and do the same until either:
1) He flips out, which may involve killing one of you
2) He folds and sells it, which may or may not be nice for one of you

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

If your the guy from Hilton selling the BSD on eBay he may be right

That would be Buschjs. I think he pulled it and decided to keep it.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I wouldn't have done this. big mistake imo, probably offended him in some way.
Should have just given the money after you played it and got out. Why point out everything wrong with it? There's ALWAYS something wrong with them, they are pinball machines.

If it was excellent like the ad said then no problem. You don't have to be in pinball to agree that excellent would mean that at least everything worked as it should. It did not, so i was not going to give full price. I'm no expert, so i'm sure that other things were wrong that i did not pick up on right away. This is also a place of business too, Which makes it even worse in my opinion. Not a good way to promote yourself. Now that i think back on it, a couple of things make me wonder what was really going on at this business.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

This is why I asked, so after the incident he must have raised the price to 1795 and forgot to edit the 1500. In that case " come here I have something to show you" you know the rest.

Yes he changed the ad after i left. Would not even went to look at $1800.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I gotta tell you..
This is the greatest post I've seen in months. Pretty much everyone who works in my shop is now looking for the perfect opportunity to tell someone "let me show you something!". We've been using it on each other as well (alcohol fueled, I might add). Small price to pay for an unforgettable story.
Also note, nothing screams intolerance like "Dirty Harry"

Glad you are having fun at my expense. . Yes it does make a good story. If I ever get to any shows I will be wearing my idiot name tag.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

So the original ad was for 1795.00, did you already negotiate over the phone for 1500.00 because if you did, he has already lowered his price 295.00. This would piss me off too. It sounds like a good deal at 1500.00 for a full working stuck flipper and switch error on a ramp Dirty Harry. If it was 30 minutes from me it would be in my game room right now.

If everything was disclosed up front then you would know what to expect and been ok with that. If you are asking a certain price, but there are things not right then i don't think it would be unreasonable to offer a little less. I did not even get a chance to do that though. He did not have to be an ass.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Btw I've had this same experience with a seller same thing
We agreed on a price over the phone drove two hours through a storm to Brooklyn the seller sent pics but they did not show the corrosion came up through the wires and onto the playfield from battery corrosion, I was there to buy a pin and a jukebox
I said the pics didn't show the damage and I was going to pass on the pin but would take the juke box he said ok we walked to the door so I could pull my truck around back as I walked out the stairwell of the basement he slammed the door behind me and locked it
Oh well.

Here's your sign "IDIOT"

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Except for the FACT that he was in NY, which is not part of New England (Thank God)

Wow those are fighting words.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'm from New England, we live to drink, fight and play pinball.
I just find it ironic someone from NY would infer New Englander's are arrogant. Although I must add that NY city and Upstate are like 2 different Countries. Some of the nicest people that I have ever met were in upstate, NY City ummm yeah not so much.

I didn't get that. I think everyone was just having fun poking jabs at each other.

#43 11 years ago

Oh wait, now i see it, yea that was a slam. Not right to make that comment. I think it was directed at the seller and not everyone, even though, that is how it can across.

#50 11 years ago

rochester.craigslist.org link

Here you go. Let me know if anyone ends up with it, and how it went. Price was $1500 yesterday. He also took the idiot comment out.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

lets all call him... in the middle of the night : )

lol

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

I agree with that statement. Who here would pass on a HUO (I opened box )Family Guy for 3000.00 ? (I paid 3800.00)Not many people, well I sold mine a little over a year ago on craigslist. Well the buyer came over looked at it played 1 game ,than asked me if I would take 2500.00. I told him no that was the price.He said ok paid, loaded and left. I thought about it after and his offer of 2500 offended me. When I was almost giving it away at 3000.00. The next time that happens I am going to raise the price in front of the buyer. A lot of people are only flippers anyways . I own them for me and my family to play and enjoy for years to come.

Not really the same thing. You had your machine was under valued at a good price. Dirty Harry in mint condition should be a $2000 dollar machine. Seller said machine was in excellent condition if it was, end of discusion deal is done. This game as i said earlier had flipper and gate errors. Sling plastics broken and front of cabinet issues. I did not point that there was kick out hole wear, target wear, spider cracks on one of the ramps. Also needed a good cleaning. There is probably more that I did not see or remember. I think if you say something is excellent, it is my right to point out what is not excellent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinij93.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-in-rochester-ny?tu=pinij93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.