Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scoot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My recently acquired DH has had an issue where in attract mode, or even at times during the game it would sound as though a solenoid or kicker is firing.
Now during play the game seems to think a ball is in play at times, but there isn't one out. IT goes through a cycle where everything kicks and then the ball comes out. IT looks as though when a ball goes into hq, it rolls to the kickout hole and stays there. sometimes 2 balls will be lined up in the trough.The kick out works when its activated, just doesn't seem to sense it right. I am assuming this the same problem that was making the noise on its own before, and has gotten worse.
Is it possible its related to the opto switch for the magnet which is broke, or is this likely a separate issue. Thanks for the help..Trying get this figured on first machines

#2 5 years ago

Sure sounds like some switches/optos are not working. Game relies on these switches to fire coils and keep track of balls. I would go into the switch test and test every switch in the game. The manual will help to locate all switches. Maybe some switches just need adjusting or optos cleaned.

#3 5 years ago

My DH had an issue with the connectors on the 12v board under the middle of the playfield that supplies the optos. I received trifurcon pins and a new connector.housing and have never had the issue again. Check there. Could just be cracked solder on a connector but I question the pins as well. They get cooked and oxidized.

#4 5 years ago

Before you start tearing everything apart, make sure to check that the balls are all moving forward down in the ball trough. Sometimes on mine they get a little sticky and don’t slide all the way forward. The Optos don’t sense them and starts the search for them. This started happening when I added shiny new balls.

#5 5 years ago

Sorry, I should have read your post carefully before I replied. Might be faulty optos or maybe needs a cleaning. Try cleaning the optos before you start replacing them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-evolving-issue-now-effects-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.