Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DH_lights_001.JPG
DH_lights_008.JPG
dirty_harry_2.jpg
dirty_harry_1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Anyone try out any colored LED's for the flashers and maybe in the buildings.

#2 10 years ago

Ive just bright white cointakers in the buildings, when you hear a bullet sound they go off, on top of the wharehouse ive used coloured leds and it looks awesome.......because the buildings always flash it can be over powering but adds a good effect.

#3 10 years ago

I cut all the windows in my buildings out...... They were just round holes
Now they are square, I used a black permanent market around the edges of the windows to blend into the trimmed area. Then I added thin blue tinted plastic sheet between the inside of the buildings and the bulb......
I think it looks good, and it beats round drilled holes for windows

#4 10 years ago

Post some pics, be intrested to see the look of it, nice thinking to give it that cop kind of feel

#5 10 years ago

Here are some pics.
I used a knife to cut out the windows.
Then I just taped the plastic film on the inside.

dirty_harry_1.jpgdirty_harry_1.jpg dirty_harry_2.jpgdirty_harry_2.jpg

#6 10 years ago

looks good dont think the picture does it justice tho, have you just got a high bright led behind it.

#7 10 years ago

I borrowed some Led's. Tried red and purple in the buildings...not so good. Blue in the buildings looked good as did white. Just tried the blue plastic film in the windows...it gives blue out the front and white out the bottom so you get your added color but maintain playfield brightness.....very nice.

#8 10 years ago

checked my warehouse building and already has holes in it so I'm going to try different colours and see how it goes......thanks for the idea

#9 10 years ago

hey you should post these pics on the Dirty Harry club on Pinside for other owners to try

1 week later
#10 10 years ago

I have no idea how you cut out the windows with a knife...I used a dremel on the round holes only with the blue tint. It will look better with blue led's.

// Error: Image 118447 not found // // Error: Image 118448 not found // // Error: Image 118449 not found // // Error: Image 118450 not found // DH_lights_008.JPGDH_lights_008.JPG DH_lights_001.JPGDH_lights_001.JPG

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

I have no idea how you cut out the windows with a knife...I used a dremel on the round holes only with the blue tint. It will look better with blue led's.

I used a exacto knife----the blade is almost like a scalpel......surprisingly, I used no band-aids?
And used a black "Sharpy" permanent marker to blend in the window edges.
I just have the standard 906 bulb behind the film.
I think I layered the blue sheet/film to tone down the light.
I also cut cardboard out to fit under the buildings to stop white light from shooting out the bottom.
You cant see the cardboard... it fits inside the bottom.

more crazy stuff i did.......
-I added a laser pointer (red) to the gun, then tied it into the trigger with another switch inside the pistol shooter. When you pull the trigger just a little, the laser lights up and you pull all the way to fire the ball. Kinda like the laser pointer mod on STTNG.
-I added a mirror to the entire backboard. You can now see the hidden lanes in the mirror.
-I scanned the target decals and made new ones, then made extras and stuck them behind the backglass on the light board. The decals are placed directly behind the bullet holes in the backglass
You have to look directly through the hole to see it. This gives some depth to the backglass... you could put any sticker back there. Very simple.
-I also have some authentic "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" tape I have been thinking of adding to the inside edges..... to many projects.

#12 10 years ago

I havebpinball life led for the back flashers, they have 9 mini globes in them, pretty bright when flashing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-906-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.