Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Melvyns28
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7DFAF1AD-4387-4D9E-B782-C4CC93785AD8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Melvyns28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just picked up a DH. during inspection I noticed that the knocker was unplugged in the upper left of head. Since I bought it from a location, I figured the bar didn't like the noise. On start up the coil fires exactly 10 times every time I turn on the machine. I turned it off and came back the next day and made some standard adjustments and now the gun coil fires 10 times and not the knocker. I clear all adjustments to stock and still coil fires 10 times apron start up. In the manual it doesn't say anything about that as I was figuring that 10 fires would point me in a direction of something wrong. The game plays great other than that. Any help on this would be great.

#3 4 years ago

I did a coil test. All coils are operating like they should. Also I just blew fuse F104. I replaced it and worked. I made a few adjustment Like free play e.c.t. the fuse blow again. I'll do a switch test next.

#6 4 years ago

Had to go back to work for a few hours. Ill check these possible issues and let ya'll know.

#7 4 years ago

This might be the culprit. Not sure on the fuse blowing but replace again and so far so good.

7DFAF1AD-4387-4D9E-B782-C4CC93785AD8 (resized).jpeg7DFAF1AD-4387-4D9E-B782-C4CC93785AD8 (resized).jpeg
    #8 4 years ago

The game since reconnecting the opto wire has been working great until this evening. We played a few hours and at the end f the last game, I got a match and a few other things and the knocker hit a few times then stuck on and burned until the fuse blew. Not sure where to look at this point. I disconnected the knocker and the game still works great. Any help?

#10 4 years ago

Well The knocker definitely has a short. The knocker doesn't have a diode connected to it. so I'll have locate it
    and check it on the board.

2 weeks later
    #12 4 years ago

Update sorry I had to put this on the back burner. I ordered a new coil and problem solved. I was over thinking it all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Melvyns28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-3?tu=Melvyns28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.