Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jznethan
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160104_184605_resized_(resized).jpg
20151219_152431.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg
c280cafd-f1f4-4ca3-83cc-1b73a0bbe211.jpg
WP_20151125_18_19_45_Pro.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_7416.jpg
10257657_10152375034779244_6925139536057622136_o.jpg
image.jpeg
monster_revolt_special_addition_wide_02.jpg
tumblr_lu3uwetZBw1qfia8fo1_500.gif
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
dtd910-911.jpg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I received my refund today,but I would rather have the posters

Got mine too . I guess they're sending us shirts & coupons for 25% off the next purchase. I'm like you tho , I'd rather have the poster...

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I assure you that this version of these books were not $30 each. Maybe another version was. These were each place in hand-cut/painted wooden sleeves. Only 100 were made like this.
monster revolt special addition wide 02.jpg

Ok maybe not $30 - (I guess that was the book without the sleeve) My point is that they were released in limited edition for whatever price (not $500) and then Donny finds a couple somewhere 2 years later and offers them for $500? So actually on 98 sold originally? WTF? And now 200 posters to be sold but only 150 accounted for (100 through MET website and 50 through Donny distributor) and many wanting posters have their money taken but no poster.... This is not how I want to do business or be treated as a consumer... How is it that a bunch of "non fans" were able to get them and now list in eBay for double the release price? Let me guess, the other 50 are to be sold at future sold out prices? Or are they on eBay already?

#103 4 years ago

Got my shirt today! This thing is badass.

image.jpeg

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Pretty simple. By doing a limited run he can sell them faster and for a bit more money.

Not sure I'd consider it a win to leave thousands on the table and the real profits to the flippers. There was plenty of evidence that 200 was not enough, but maybe all that is the goal--leave everyone unfulfilled and waiting for the next print. Flippers want more!

#105 4 years ago

I'll trade my DD Chrome Metallica poster for this one (assuming mine comes):

10257657_10152375034779244_6925139536057622136_o.jpg

#106 4 years ago

Looks like I made it in time. My poster just shipped. I can't wait to mount this above my Refinery Premium!

#107 4 years ago

Lucky.

#108 4 years ago

These posters look great! Donnie did an incredible job on these! love his art work

#109 4 years ago

Mine shipped too!
Gonna look great beside my stern wizards and black light rebellion!
Was worried I was going to get the dreaded email

#110 4 years ago

I GOT MINE!!!!! nope not direct.... but a HUGE HUGE thanks to "jtreehorn" for selling me his at cost!

IT FOUND A GOOD HOME..... will try to get pix once its hung.....

Glad I didn't have to stoop/succumb/suckup to eBay and pay double or more.. I was really getting pissed thinking it would come to that (having missed ordering 1 directly by literally hours!)

Thanks Anthony!

#111 4 years ago

No problem. Enjoy! \m/

#112 4 years ago

wish I could find one at cost

#113 4 years ago

I got my poster today, but I was just as happy to get this T-shirt I ordered from Stern. I was going to wear it, but it looks great under blacklight so I think I'm going to frame it instead!

IMG_7416.jpg

#114 4 years ago

missed out on the poster and been waiting 11 days for a free tshirt....grrrrrr

1 week later
#115 4 years ago

Has anyone actually got the t-shirt and the coupon? still looking at an empty mailbox here

#116 4 years ago

Can't wait for Donnie to do another game so he can come back to TPF and Expo. Great artist and a hell of a guy to hang out with too!

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Can't wait for Donnie to do another game so he can come back to TPF and Expo. Great artist and a hell of a guy to hang out with too!

I'm hoping they bring him back for a Hendrix pin! That would be an awesome looking Pin I bet.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Has anyone actually got the t-shirt and the coupon? still looking at an empty mailbox here

No consolation shirt arrived here either. I'm likely done with the whole limited print sales schemes, not worth the effort.

#119 4 years ago

I also received the dreaded email, however I was so annoyed that this could happen I sent emails to all parties involved including the artist.
2 days later I receive another email saying the poster has been shipped? I've been hoping so but still waiting. Time will tell.

#120 4 years ago

The shipping is just really slow. I am watching the tracking on my poster, and it is the slowest shipping I have seen in a long time. It left Maine on the 19th, and has been in Sacramento Ca for two days now. It is supposed to be delivered here in Reno on Thursday.

Quoted from Baiter:

No consolation shirt arrived here either. I'm likely done with the whole limited print sales schemes, not worth the effort.

I don't care about limited stuff at all. I would have much rather had this poster at a third of the price as an unlimited print. I actually avoid limited runs of stuff, but decided to get this one on a whim.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

I also received the dreaded email, however I was so annoyed that this could happen I sent emails to all parties involved including the artist.
2 days later I receive another email saying the poster has been shipped? I've been hoping so but still waiting. Time will tell.

Printing out a few extra posters should have been the obvious solution... particularly since they were already paid for.

#122 4 years ago

This whole amateur episode has given me a bad attitude towards DD and the OP. I'll pass on their future offerings.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

This whole amateur episode has given me a bad attitude towards DD and the OP. I'll pass on their future offerings.

Yes, this is clearly my fault. Nice.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes, this is clearly my fault. Nice.

Clearly! You should have warned people!

Quoted from zucot:

I fully expect them to sell out fast.

Oh.

#125 4 years ago

I had helped a buddy of mine setup his new ST prem and then a few weeks later his new kiss prem. Then last week I went over there for some pizza and pinball and low and behold look what he had picked up for me as a thank you for the help it will look great next to my Metallica LE now I'm planning on finding a frame that is deep enough to put black light led strips around the inside edges and make this thing glow like crazy

image.jpeg

#126 4 years ago

Now that is a good buddy! If he ever needs help, I will shoot right over

#127 4 years ago

I got mine.missing signature tho .
Is the above one Signed?

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

nope. no shirt, no coupon, no nothing

#129 4 years ago

That is the regular version above,The chrome version should be signed and numbered.
I thought this version was signed as well.

#130 4 years ago

It is signed just can't see it in the photo

#131 4 years ago

Well mine was numbered but not signed.
Not going to ship it back from Ireland to get it done either.oh well

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Well mine was numbered but not signed.

Same, what a joke, I wonder now how many are really out there. Need a number registry or something on here.
Maybe it's invisible ink. will get the black light out, lemon juice or whatever, CSI style lol.

#133 4 years ago

If anyone is not satisfied with theirs I would like to buy it

#134 4 years ago

I am also interested in picking up this poster.... maybe there is something I have could offer in trade, would have to check what I have still. I know I have an original framed AFM game poster.

#135 4 years ago

Anyone have a silver one they would like to sell? I have the pin and would love to have the poster in the same room

Thank you in advance

#136 4 years ago

I think most of us that wanted the poster also have the game.
I'm not going to bother with it now,still pissed they sent my money back and no poster.
No fn shirt either.

#137 4 years ago

pingod:
agreed. at this point, I think that they should run a special "I ordered donny's poster, but all I got was this f'in t-shirt" shirt with a special design on it for those of us that got boned on the offer

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

for those of us that got boned on the offer

Has anyone received their shirt and 25% off coupon?

#140 4 years ago

Nope..me neither

#141 4 years ago

Although the poster is great, the sales gimmick is not.
A bunch of jack holes bought most of them and have trickled them into Ebay for months at twice their oiginal value. I will wait for an eventual reprint.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Although the poster is great, the sales gimmick is not.
A bunch of jack holes bought most of them and have trickled them into Ebay for months at twice their oiginal value. I will wait for an eventual reprint.

If they are going to reprint what's the point of the initial limit? All I can see it doing is creating a window of opportunity for flippers to buy out the limited quantity and make 2x profit off of fans of the artwork.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If they are going to reprint what's the point of the initial limit? All I can see it doing is creating a window of opportunity for flippers to buy out the limited quantity and make 2x profit off of fans of the artwork.

To make more money.
Its a paper poster, even if it printed on special ink, not the Mona Lisa in the Louvre.
If its popular (just like the Stern "Wizard" poster) they will bring it back, its the law of economy.

This is different than say the McFarlane Metallica Deluxe Band Kit that was sold 2001.
Those are not being reproduced just like many Sideshow collectibles.
I am not a toy collector either but even I thought these "band sets" were cool in homage.

#144 4 years ago

If its popular (just like the Stern "Wizard" poster) they will bring it back, its the law of economy.

They didn't bring the "Wizard" poster back, did they?

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

no he didnt

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They might have it has been a while since I checked.
I have not looked at Stern's website in a while, the only thing I remember was T-shirts.
I guess you could take a T-shirt and mount it in a frame, like I did with my BK2K T-shirt from 1989.

#147 4 years ago

They might have it has been a while since I checked.
I have not looked at Stern's website in a while, the only thing I remember was T-shirts.
I guess you could take a T-shirt and mount it in a frame, like I did with my BK2K T-shirt from 1989.

Yeah, I did that as a back-up. The T-shirt actually looks great under blacklight, just a little smaller than the other posters.

#148 4 years ago

To make more money.
Its a paper poster, even if it printed on special ink, not the Mona Lisa in the Louvre.

If limiting the prints was to make money, DD failed. Say he sold 100 @ $90 but it turns out people were willing to pay $250 each for them (which is the case). So DD only got $9k while flippers got $16k. DD could have had his $25k by either pricing them at 100 for $250 each or selling 280 of them @ $90. Sure he does have the ability to re-run the print @ $250 or @ $90 until demand is no longer there but he has already lost his big customers who were willing to pay $250, and aggravated potential customers by this sales tactic, further limiting his take even if he does re-run. And lets be clear, when Stern says "limited" they do not make more... when a print is limited it's closer to false advertising if they intend to re-run... not technically false advertising, but it is definitely intended to get people to pay a higher than market price.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If limiting the prints was to make money, DD failed. Say he sold 100 @ $90 but it turns out people were willing to pay $250 each for them (which is the case). So DD only got $9k while flippers got $16k. DD could have had his $25k by either pricing them at 100 for $250 each or selling 280 of them @ $90. Sure he does have the ability to re-run the print @ $250 or @ $90 until demand is no longer there but he has already lost his big customers who were willing to pay $250, and aggravated potential customers by this sales tactic, further limiting his take even if he does re-run. And lets be clear, when Stern says "limited" they do not make more... when a print is limited it's closer to false advertising if they intend to re-run... not technically false advertising, but it is definitely intended to get people to pay a higher than market price.

I would guess that very few people are willing to pay $250 for it. I would have rather had a $40 print than a $90 limited version. There was definitely false advertising as well. Mine was numbered (164/200), but not signed. I am waiting to hear back from JSR and Donny's facebook page, but I don't know what can be done at this point.

This will definitely be the last of my money that he gets if something isn't done. I have to think that a pretty good portion of the price of these was for the signature. That and the limited release are the only reason this can be that expensive.

Edit: Just heard back from Donny, and I am going to send it to him to sign. He even offered to return the shipping cost to send it to him.

He is guessing that some of them must have clung together as he was signing. Makes sense to me. I think I was a little overly judgy on this since I saw others on here say that theirs weren't signed as well. Just to clarify, I said I was waiting to hear back from him, and didn't intend to sound like I was waiting a long time if it sounded that way. I just messaged him last night.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

He is guessing that some of them must have clung together as he was signing. Makes sense to me. I think I was a little overly judgy on this since I saw others on here say that theirs weren't signed as well. Just to clarify, I said I was waiting to hear back from him, and didn't intend to sound like I was waiting a long time if it sounded that way. I just messaged him last night.

Mine is not signed by DD either #167/200.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside