10257657_10152375034779244_6925139536057622136_o.jpg
image.jpeg
monster_revolt_special_addition_wide_02.jpg
tumblr_lu3uwetZBw1qfia8fo1_500.gif
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

I just got an interesting e-mail. Apparently they oversold and are sending out apology e-mails to the ones who didn't make the cut. Lame.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I just got an interesting e-mail. Apparently they oversold and are sending out apology e-mails to the ones who didn't make the cut. Lame.

Yep, total bullshit. I ordered yesterday when it opened and paid yesterday through paypal with confirmation and charged paypal account. Today I get an email saying we are sorry it sold out fast and we will refund your paypal account...ohh and for your troubles we will send you a free t-shirt....what kind of horse shit is that? Donny needs to do business with some other company.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I just got the same email

#54 8 years ago

I am really pissed, i already ordered a frame for it, now i will have to go through the hassle of sending that back

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I got an email also , I ordered right at 1pm pst too.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I am really pissed, i already ordered a frame for it, now i will have to go through the hassle of sending that back

Sorry, man.That sucks! I wonder how many the Ebay douchers bought.

#57 8 years ago

I was also close to that mark. I'm wondering if there was some other kind of f-up that took place.

Off topic but sort of relevant:

I bought a used video game on e-bay and received this crazy e-mail about how they broke the game and were scrambling to find a replacement. Later the same day they send an e-mail saying that he had been in the hospital and was behind on orders. My order was going to ship asap. WTF at least keep your lies straight, lol.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sorry, man.That sucks! I wonder how many the Ebay douchers bought.

Thanks man, there are 6 of them on Ebay right now, we can only hope that no one buys them and the douche bags get stuck with them

#59 8 years ago

At least the t-shirt will come in handy

tumblr_lu3uwetZBw1qfia8fo1_500.giftumblr_lu3uwetZBw1qfia8fo1_500.gif

#60 8 years ago

Just got the same email, I'm pissed! I've already bought a nice frame for it too so MADD right now

#61 8 years ago

Same BS Email, not happy

#62 8 years ago

How difficult is it to buy a shopping cart program that tracks inventory. Was anyone on Pinside besides JSR able to buy one? Or did they all go to a reseller?

#63 8 years ago

Yep…got the same email here.

#64 8 years ago

They need to make good with the white backing poster signed by Donny to all the people that purchased and then received the BS email.

#65 8 years ago

OMG. Had also ordered 3 other posters. Poor business, trying to cancel all.

#66 8 years ago

I got F***kd as well.
Not a happy camper

#67 8 years ago

I ordered early also, got the email that I won't bet getting one either. Bunch of BS!!

#68 8 years ago

Just checked me too. Sux

#69 8 years ago

Ordered mine at 1:20. Haven't heard otherwise yet.

#70 8 years ago

I ordered at 1:08 and haven't heard anything about a cancellation

#71 8 years ago

DD needs to copy Stern and OVERPRODUCE it's "LE" items.

#72 8 years ago

Well they have time stamps on the ordering invoices so they better get that right. Especially if others are saying they got denied emails minutes after ordering. I wonder how many of those eBay adds might come down? As in they got emails as well

#73 8 years ago

This is just bad bad business. I hope Donny makes it right for those getting screwed (including me). I don't believe for a second that a shopping cart online can't count to 50. I have a feeling in a few months or maybe a year we hear - oh I have a bunch of limited Metallica posters I found. Since they are sold out I will sell them to you now for $300US. Bad bad business. Didn't I see a post about him finding some of his sold out limited edition books for like $900 when they were 30 originally? Cmon make this right.. Don't alienate your fans and potential fans.

#74 8 years ago

I had to find it... Here is the post from 2 years ago... It was not $900 it is $500 for the book that sold for $30 originally... Here is the quote:

Quoted from BackFlipper:

OK, next. Donny had found 4 of his limited edition books, "Monsters Revolt." These books include information about all of his art including his involvement with pinball. Only 100 of these LE books were ever made. They were sold out years ago, but he found a few stashed away, and mentioned it to me while discussing the glass. They come in a hand-made box created by Wade and they are also signed by Wade and Donny. They are $500 each, but they have recently sold for as much as $1200 at auction. He is making these available exclusively to Pinsiders if they want them. He will dedicate (sign) the book to you if you would like. Here is a link with information on the book. http://www.dirtydonny.com/dirtydonny11/?p=92
If you want one, please email Donny at [email protected]. He will give you instructions on payment and delivery. No, he does not have an "in" to get you a MOP LE. Please just contact him if you want the book. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. PM me, email at [email protected] or call me at 630-373-4875.
monster_revolt_featured.jpg

"found" four of "his" books from 2 years earlier when only 100 were made. Does this smell funny to anyone else? When does he "find" the Metallica posters?

#75 8 years ago

I ordered at 4:07 pm ET yesterday. No cancellation email so far.

#76 8 years ago

I looked at other posters right after making my purchase and the intercepter one said 3 left. So they defiantly had a hold on numbers.. That one is now sold out.. I'm thinking there may have just been a ton of demand for these

#77 8 years ago

I had the website on auto-refresh and hustled it through PayPal within a minute of it showing up. I'm in another hobby, collecting tiki mugs. I put a newly-released mug in my cart just seconds after it appeared on the site, but because it took me about 3 minutes to check out, I lost it..."cart not found" or some such bullshit. And yeah, flippers had it up on eBay the next day at a 300% markup.

First world problems for sure, but it does suck.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I looked at other posters right after making my purchase and the intercepter one said 3 left. So they defiantly had a hold on numbers.. That one is now sold out.. I'm thinking there may have just been a ton of demand for these

That's strange because I bought an Interceptor 3 days ago and it said only 1 left then.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Darn you, Zucot! I need another poster like a hole in the head. Marking my calendar now.

A head has five holes.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Tux:

A head has five holes.

Hmm, I count six.

Sorry guys, sucks to get screwed like that. Way better to just be told "sorry all sold out" then to take your money and refund later.

#81 8 years ago
#82 8 years ago

Has any received their refunds back ?

#83 8 years ago

This sucks because that poster is cool! I was on the fence to buy one because Im saving up to buy a MET pro! It would be nice if he could do another bigger run without signing them?

#84 8 years ago

Is the sample image good enough for someone to make a regular poster?

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

nope, not yet and that's the thing that I really don't understand. their site is able to take money for product which is "sold out", but not very fast on refunding that same cash.

I sent off an email stating that I was truly disappointed and asked how they couldn't manage to support a store site with real time inventory, some so basic (and necessary) these days.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I sent off an email stating that I was truly disappointed and asked how they couldn't manage to support a store site with real time inventory, some so basic (and necessary) these days.

I sent a one along those lines with no response yet have you heard anything as yet?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

still waiting here also, that place sucks

#88 8 years ago

Had one in a cart, glad I did not buy after reading all of this.

#89 8 years ago

Nothing back here yet either,and I bought two

#90 8 years ago

I still don't get the need to put limits on these ... It is a freakin' poster! If Donny wants Flippers to pull money from fan's pockets by doing this my interest is gone.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I still don't get the need to put limits on these ... It is a freakin' poster! If Donny wants Flippers to pull money from fan's pockets by doing this my interest is gone.

Pretty simple. By doing a limited run he can sell them faster and for a bit more money.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is the sample image good enough for someone to make a regular poster?

What exactly are you suggesting? That people print bootleg posters?

#93 8 years ago

I have sent Donny a link to this thread. He is out of the country. I am sure he will do whatever he can for you guys.

#94 8 years ago

My t-shirt hasn't shipped yet and it has been a week. I guess it will when Donny gets back?

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My t-shirt hasn't shipped yet and it has been a week. I guess it will when Donny gets back?

"Just Say Rock" (JSRDirect) handles all of the sales and shipping. They're pretty slow.

#96 8 years ago

Funny. Just got an email saying it shipped. Good to know for the future though.

#97 8 years ago

It is my understanding that those that were negatively impacted by this were contacted by JSR and offered a make-good, in the form of a significant discount on a future Dirty Donny product and a free t-shirt. Refunds are also being processed as fast as possible.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I had to find it... Here is the post from 2 years ago... It was not $900 it is $500 for the book that sold for $30 originally... Here is the quote:

"found" four of "his" books from 2 years earlier when only 100 were made. Does this smell funny to anyone else? When does he "find" the Metallica posters?

I assure you that this version of these books were not $30 each. Maybe another version was. These were each place in hand-cut/painted wooden sleeves. Only 100 were made like this.

monster revolt special addition wide 02.jpgmonster revolt special addition wide 02.jpg

#99 8 years ago

Cool poster but at that price, not THAT cool.

#100 8 years ago

I received my refund today,but I would rather have the posters

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-donnys-new-metallica-pinball-poster-is-awesome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.