Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-02-27-21-47-59--1324323239.jpeg
    motleycrue-shoutatthedevil170_(resized).jpg
    61zgdEljKaL._SX342__(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    thumb_(resized).png
    comingsoon_(resized).jpg
    BS6_(resized).jpg
    BS1_(resized).jpg
    BS5_(resized).jpg
    BS4_(resized).jpg
    BS3_(resized).jpg
    BS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    yngwie_cinnabon_(resized).png
    yngwie_malmsteen_trilogy_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's actually better when the average clod does not like Maiden.
    Let them stick to U2, Journey, Def Leppard and Aerosmith.

Better for who? Not stern sales, I'm sure Spencer's at the mall.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

He will just tell you it has an LCD then break your heart

I honestly believe that is Stern saying that but only realizing later they failed at the implementation with their new system and have to wait for a later game to unveil an LCD.

#53 8 years ago

This might be a controversial opinion, but as a fan of Maiden and Hendrix... I hope they make em both!

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats on pinside, worlds are colliding... I hadn't seen that poster, good stuff.

#54 8 years ago

Aerosmith would be cool. Needs Steven call outs, though.

#55 8 years ago

It's motley fkn crue. Suckfest. Best game ever? Maybe--with the sound off.

#56 8 years ago

I'd love to see Dirty Donny do Hendrix. Iron Maiden already has incredible artwork and lots and lots of assets. Prolly gonna be Aerosmith though

#57 8 years ago

DD could do some cool stuff with motley crue art.
    not a dream theme for me, but would buy one in a minute if the artwork and layout was cool.
    Motley is a top 10 group of mine.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

It's motley fkn crue. Suckfest. Best game ever? Maybe--with the sound off.

The LE toy is a can of hairspray as the bash toy. Stern probably has tons of those cylinders left over from Family Guy and Shrek.

No, scratch that, the end user will have to buy the hairspray can as part of a $700 mod package.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

New AC/DC version?

I could see new Acdc version, new playfield artwork, I love my luci but the playfield artwork
    SUCKS, it's my only stern left ,

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

DD could do some cool stuff with motley crue art.
    not a dream theme for me, but would buy one in a minute if the artwork and layout was cool.
    Motley is a top 10 group of mine.

Motley Crue rocked, I'd buy it with his artwork

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I could see new Acdc version, new playfield artwork, I love my luci but the playfield artwork
    SUCKS, it's my only stern left ,

It probably wouldn't be your only stern left if you weren't asking 2.5k over what Luci sold for originally.

Edit-----ah, you have for trade mainly, fair enough

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

From Dirty Donny's Facebook post today:
    https://www.facebook.com/dirtydonnyart/posts/1150643584948386:0
    Any ideas? Hendrix? (I wish)
    image_(resized).png

Old news......
    Borg/Donny/Aerosmith

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Old news......
    Borg/Donny/Aerosmith

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Could be the Shadow of the new generation. (Crap theme, great game.)

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Not all his art is in the over the top cartoony monster feel of Metallica (though alot of it is).
    He's already done some Hendirx stuff:
    tumblr_m24klfP6xA1qe5k65o1_500_(resized).jpg
    But He also does this sort of "Surf Hippy Panel Van Spray Paint Stuff "(TM)
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    DDS73_space_tree__20114.1453842536.500.750_(resized).jpg
    DDS66_lady_doom__67996.1453843472.1280.1280_(resized).jpg
    And also some more "Fantasy Wizard Stuff" (TM):
    DDAF-WIZARDS__62942.1305216930.500.750_(resized).jpg
    DDS45-Evil-Wizard__73217.1302502914.500.750_(resized).jpg
    DDS60_Wiz_Wizard__01118.1367205080.1280.1280_(resized).jpg
    DDS61_Wizard_Friends__87288.1367204830.500.750_(resized).jpg
    And some other cool stuff:
    DDS65_Galactic_Bounty__87729.1453843592.500.750_(resized).jpg
    DDS64_Blacklight_rebellion__53664.1453843725.1280.1280_(resized).jpg
    All of which would look really good on a Hendrix pin. But any pin regardless of theme.

Those images look very good and give me confidence he can make a cool pin with varying styles.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.......
    Could be the Shadow of the new generation. (Crap theme, great game.)

LOL. I might be ok with an Aerosmith pin if it was a mix of their appearance in The Simpsons and Wayne's World (SNL episode and the movies). I think the big Aerosmith turn-off is the theme song from Armageddon and not thinking about their previous stuff. I'd actually enjoy playing pinball to Dude Looks Like a Lady or Love in An Elevator....will hold off on the criticism until I play it. Trying to stay positive in 2016.

#66 8 years ago

We can all probably agree that Aerosmith has sucked for the last 37 years, but there once was a time when they actually played rock music and not just power ballads.

If we stick to their hard rock albums (most true fans would say Rock And A Hard Place was the last album that still had 2 balls hanging from it) we can actually find a dozen decent songs:

Mama Kin

Lord of the Thighs

Toys in the Attic

Uncle Salty

Adam's Apple

No More No More

Sick as a Dog

Draw the Line

Come Together

Chip Away the Stone

Lightning Strikes

Rock in a Hard Place

Let The Music Do The Talking (I'd recommend replacing the anemic Aerosmith version with the Joe Perry Project version)

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

We can all probably agree that Aerosmith has sucked for the last 37 years, but there once was a time when they actually played rock music and not just power ballads.
    If we stick to their hard rock albums (most fans would say Rock And A Hard Place was the last album that still had 2 balls hanging from it) we can actually find a dozen decent songs:
    Mama Kin
    Lord of the Thighs
    Toys in the Attic
    Uncle Salty
    Adam's Apple
    No More No More
    Sick as a Dog
    Draw the Line
    Come Together
    Chip Away the Stone
    Lightning Strikes
    Rock in a Hard Place
    Let The Music Do The Talking (I'd recommend replacing the anemic Aerosmith version with the Joe Perry Project version)

Have to admit I've only heard the power ballad stuff - will have to have a listen to that list.

Maybe if they only had Walk This Way on repeat it might be ok.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

LOL. I might be ok with an Aerosmith pin if it was a mix of their appearance in The Simpsons and Wayne's World (SNL episode and the movies). I think the big Aerosmith turn-off is the theme song from Armageddon and not thinking about their previous stuff. I'd actually enjoy playing pinball to Dude Looks Like a Lady or Love in An Elevator....will hold off on the criticism until I play it. Trying to stay positive in 2016.

I'm not really an ACDC or Metallica fan, and I own both, so Aerosmith or Motley Crue with Dirty Donny and Borg will most likely be a great game.

#69 8 years ago

Livin' on the edge rocked!

Don't lie and tell me you didn't do vocal solo to this while driving in your car alone.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit I've only heard the power ballad stuff - will have to have a listen to that list.

Turn off your cellphone, grab some headphones and crank the whole Toys in the Attic album up. You won't believe that the band actually had some jism in them at one time:

Honestly, Walk this Way and Sweet Emotion are the weakest tracks on the album.

#71 8 years ago

And wait until you hear the fiery drive of Joe Perry's version of Let the Music Do the Talking.

Ralph Mormon can friggin' sing.

The press was trying to make a big deal out of Tyler and Perry's split and competition with Perry's new band.

Joe Perry's only answer to the press was "Let the music do the talking".

That quip became the name of his new album......

Latter, Aerosmith regrouped and re-recorded the song with Tyler singing.

#72 8 years ago

That was actually just a bunch of cocaine.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

That was actually just a bunch of cocaine.

The breakfast of music champions.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If we stick to their hard rock albums (most true fans would say Rock And A Hard Place was the last album that still had 2 balls hanging from it) we can actually find a dozen decent songs

1970s era Aerosmith are f**king cool. Live Bootleg especially. They really were Americas answer to the British hard rock bands like Deep Purple and Zeppelin. So inspirational for future US rockers like GNR for example (they covered Mama Kin and other Aerosmith songs in their early days)

Later model Aerosmith ... Pass.

rd

#75 8 years ago

Yeah, as a child of the 80s, I have never experienced real Aerosmith either. In the beginning when I heard Aerosmith, I imagined Stern Rolling Stones II. I think Stern have now learned from their mistakes.

I'd still rather Motley Crue.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

the 2008 Metallica pin.

What is that? Who made it? Home brew?

#77 8 years ago

Aerosmith one of my all time favorite bands! With all these great game looking to come out in 2016 it's going to be hard to choose.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What is that? Who made it? Home brew?

It's an Earthshaker re-theme (believe it or not). Seem to remember Donny had something to do with it (other than the art obviously - was his re-theme at request of Metallica?)

Edit: here it is -

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95753-Metallica-Pinball-The-Tale-of-a-Custom-Built-Table

Curious if this gave Stern the idea to do Metallica?

#79 8 years ago

It's funny, but being the youngest of six kids, I distinctively remember the sounds of many records being played by my older siblings, as well as the sounds of watching sports on the old crt Tvs with my dad and uncles. I remember hearing everything so clearly, especially the vocals. Now when I watch sports on my 4K high def flat screen tv or listen to music on my iPod, all I hear is loud background noise, and it sucks! Is this progress? I've listened to the Beatles original records and their digital remasterings, and their is no comparison. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm not that old.

#80 8 years ago

Aerosmith Rocks! - Tons of great songs 70's and later...

Dream On
    Mama Kin
    Same Old Song and Dance
    SOS (too bad)
    Train Kept a Rollin
    Toys in the Attic
    Walk this Way
    Sweet Emotion
    Back in the Saddle
    Rats in the Cellar
    Sick as a Dog
    Draw the Line
    Rag Doll
    Dude Look Like a Lady
    Love in an Elevator
    Janies Got a Gun
    The Other Side
    Monkey on My Back
    Medicine Man
    Eat the Rich
    Falling in Love
    Just Push Play
    Sunshine

From Wikipedia...

Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States alone.[20][21] With 25 gold albums, 18 platinum albums, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[22] In 2013, the band's principal songwriters, Tyler and Perry, were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

#81 8 years ago

Dancing+Queen+folder_(resized).jpgDancing+Queen+folder_(resized).jpg

#82 8 years ago

Stern is most likely looking at "what will sell". Looking at the top selling bands in the US, limiting to heavier rock bands which are better suited for a pinball machine than madonna...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists_in_the_United_States

1 The Beatles <<<<<< license difficult
    3 Elvis Presley <<<<<< done
    4 Led Zeppelin <<<<<< license difficult
    8 Pink Floyd
    11 AC/DC <<<<<< done
    13 Aerosmith <<<<<< --- coming...---
    14 The Rolling Stones <<<<<< done
    18 Metallica <<<<<< done
    20 Van Halen
    21 U2
    30 Guns N' Roses <<<<<< done
    41 Foreigner
    46 Def Leppard
    48 Queen
    49 Bon Jovi
    57 Tom Petty
    58 Pearl Jam
    59 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    60 Boston
    64 Ozzy Osbourne
    68 Lynyrd Skynyrd
    81 Rush
    82 Mötley Crüe
    83 Nirvana
    84 ZZ Top
    86 Creed
    93 The Cars
    96 Jimi Hendrix
    99 Red Hot Chili Peppers

--- 28 bands on the list (Tom Petty is on twice - combined sales would place Tom P higher than Metallica)
    There's your potential Rock Band Pinball list - and Aerosmith is one of the best (if not the best) choice

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Dream On
    Mama Kin
    Same Old Song and Dance
    SOS (too bad)
    Train Kept a Rollin
    Toys in the Attic
    Walk this Way
    Sweet Emotion
    Back in the Saddle
    Rats in the Cellar
    Sick as a Dog
    Draw the Line
    From Wikipedia...
    Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States alone.[20][21] With 25 gold albums, 18 platinum albums, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[22] In 2013, the band's principal songwriters, Tyler and Perry, were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

I just edited your list with great songs IMO

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Dream On
    Mama Kin
    Same Old Song and Dance
    SOS (too bad)
    Train Kept a Rollin
    Toys in the Attic
    Walk this Way
    Sweet Emotion
    Back in the Saddle
    Rats in the Cellar
    Sick as a Dog
    Draw the Line
    Rag Doll
    Dude Look Like a Lady
    Love in an Elevator
    Janies Got a Gun
    The Other Side
    Monkey on My Back
    Medicine Man
    Eat the Rich
    Falling in Love
    Just Push Play
    Sunshine
    From Wikipedia...

Citing sales and MTV awards in order to argue a band is good is one of the dumbest possible ways to make your point. In fact, Aerosmith (post 1982) is the third worst band of all time, just behind Red Hot Chili Peppers and KISS. Most of the songs you listed are absolute garbage. They did do some cool stuff in the 70s -- Mama Kin and such (although even that was a cover). Everything after that is straight up unlistenable, though.

Hendrix or Iron Maiden please.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

We can all probably agree that Aerosmith has sucked for the last 37 years,

Haha, that is a pretty bold statement. Not that I disagree. Their early stuff was great. On the other hand songs like love in an elevator, dude looks like a lady and Janie's got a gun make me want to puke at this point.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Great list. I'd have to add Kings and Queens as its a fav of mine.

Problem with Aerosmith pin is we won't get that stuff. Sure a couple, but mostly crap like Dude Looks Like a Lady, Crying, and Love in an Elevator.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I just edited yout list with great song IMO

LOL - I know a lot of people only like the 70's albums, but here are Aerosmith's highest selling albums...

- 1) Toys in the Attic - 8 million
    - 2) Pump - 7 million
    - 3) Get a Grip - 7 million
    - 4) Permanent Vacation - 5 million
    - 5) Rocks - 4 million
    - 6) Get Your Wings - 3 million

Only "Toys in the Attic" tops sales of "Permanent Vacation", "Pump" and "Get a Grip". Aerosmith sold more albums in the 90's than the 70's.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

LOL - I know a lot of people only like the 70's albums, but here are Aerosmith's highest selling albums...
    - 1) Toys in the Attic - 8 million
    - 2) Pump - 7 million
    - 3) Get a Grip - 7 million
    - 4) Permanent Vacation - 5 million
    - 5) Rocks - 4 million
    - 6) Get Your Wings - 3 million
    Only "Toys in the Attic" tops sales of "Permanent Vacation", "Pump" and "Get a Grip". Aerosmith sold more albums in the 90's than the 70's.

Who gives a shit what is top selling? Since when has top selling equated best in quality in anything, let alone music? Ugh.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Citing sales and MTV awards in order to argue a band is good is one of the dumbest possible ways to make your point.

I think you have it backwards. Sales is a much more factual determination than saying "I really like this band", and "that band sucks". Those types of arguments are very subjective, opinionated and open to interpretation. People like Aerosmith and have spoken with their pocket books, so it makes sense for Stern to "follow the money" so to speak.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Who gives a shit what is top selling? Since when has top selling equated best in quality in anything, let alone music? Ugh.

You're missing the point -> Stern cares -> so they can sell more of what they make.

Edit - I see your point, and agree that best selling does not mean they are the best musicians. It only means more people prefer them (and spent their money on them) versus other bands. But music is a very personal taste thing - many people prefer AC/DC and Metallica over Dream Theatre. It's obvious which band members are more skilled musicians, but that doesn't translate to better (more liked) songs. What makes 1 song better than another? That's completely up to you, and everyone individually to what they like. If Joe Shmoe wants to think the Barney theme song ("I Love You") is the best in the world, and the second best is "Happy Birthday", then that's his choice - even though he's obviously crazy

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

I think you have it backwards. Sales is a much more factual determination than saying "I really like this band", and "that band sucks". Those types of arguments are very subjective, opinionated and open to interpretation. People like Aerosmith and have spoken with their pocket books, so it makes sense for Stern to "follow the money" so to speak.

They sold a lot of albums in the 90s because MTV had their million dollar videos in constant rotation. I doubt there are many people who look back at that era as a credit to aerosmith's legacy, or has any desire to throw "Get a Grip" into their discman at this point.

#93 8 years ago

My wish , lyman on Aerosmith

#94 8 years ago

My wish, Lyman on an ORIGINAL theme, with DD doing artwork.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

They sold a lot of albums in the 90s because MTV had their million dollar videos in constant rotation. I doubt there are many people who look back at that era as a credit to aerosmith's legacy, or has any desire to throw "Get a Grip" into their discman.

Good point - I'm sure MTV had a lot to do with their popularity in the 90's. Just as the Run DMC version of Walk This Way is what pulled them back from the grave.

As for the pinball -> If you hate the 90's tunes -> replace them with 70's tunes, or even another band - that's what I did with Metallica IMO half the tunes in Met are awful for pinball - too slow.

#96 8 years ago

I think we can all agree the borg/lyman/dd team has the potential to create a great game out of the worst theme.

#97 8 years ago

70's Aerosmith was the best. Then they turned into the power ballad machine that they currently are. For a theme it's a pass for me.

Now if we are only talking theme and DD art then Motorhead or Pantera would be awesome! Not gonna happen as limited fan base for these bands but the art would be bad ass.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Turn off your cellphone, grab some headphones and crank the whole Toys in the Attic album up. You won't believe that the band actually had some jism in them at one time:
    » YouTube video
    Honestly, Walk this Way and Sweet Emotion are the weakest tracks on the album.

I'll bet you fancy the "Big Ten Inch"!

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

70's Aerosmith was the best. Then they turned into the power ballad machine that they currently are. For a theme it's a pass for me.

Why do you think an Aerosmith pin won't be heavily focused on the 70's?

I'd bet the highlighted songs in the game would be "Walk This Way", "Sweet Emotion", "Train Kept a Rollin", "Dream On", "Back in the Saddle", "Draw the Line", "Mama Kin", "Same Old Song and Dance" -> and also "Love in an Elevator" and "Dude Looks Like a Lady", maybe "Eat the Rich". Stern won't ignore the biggest hits.

#100 8 years ago

im friends with john borg on facebook and the other day he ask everybody what there favorite led zeppelin songs were

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-donny-working-on-new-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.