(Topic ID: 220874)

Dirty Donny should have done GOTG - Guardians of the Galaxy...With proof!

By BackFlipper

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by JoshODBrown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB348506-4D3F-49A2-9026-734DC73E8B4D (resized).jpeg
Dirty Donny Guardians Art 3 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I got my hands on this and I am stunned Stern did not hire him for this project. The clip art they used is not bad and the colors are bright, but I want this:

Dirty Donny Guardians Art 3 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I'm almost 1000% using hand drawn art over images any day....but I gotta be honest I do not like that look.
Maybe that's how they look in the comic books that i've never seen though.

#3 3 years ago

I was under the impression that the original GOTG artwork wasn't clip art. Donny's rendition looks cool, but I prefer the original.

#4 3 years ago

I don’t think that’s sterns call... Disney/Marvel probably chose the artist and they’ve gotta be anal about the look of their property... and I agree I like the original hexagons & all

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm almost 1000% using hand drawn art over images any day....but I gotta be honest I do not like that look.
Maybe that's how they look in the comic books that i've never seen though.

I gotta agree with TheLaw on this one. Dirty Donnie is my favorite artist on these pinball machines but i like the way that they did it better than the hand drawn art shown in the pic. I think the GOTG art package is pretty sweet the way it is.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I was under the impression that the original GOTG artwork wasn't clip art.

It's not, Chris Franchi did the art. Same as Batman '66, and he's doing a third Stern game.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not, Chris Franchi did the art. Same as Batman '66, and he's doing a third Stern game.

This is true. They have two different styles of art and on GOTG and BM66 i like the Franchi art

#8 3 years ago

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Whys that?

2 months later
#10 3 years ago

That art looks terrible

3 years later
#11 67 days ago

Unrolled a poster tube full of translites the other night and look what I found…

AB348506-4D3F-49A2-9026-734DC73E8B4D (resized).jpeg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside