image-496.jpg
image-208.jpg
image-815.jpg
image-466.jpg
10346184_10152438011469244_8338404793124441475_n.jpg
WizardOfBlahs.jpg
220px-Michael_Jackson_-_Dirty_Diana.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I didn't think the JJP bashing was warranted for Ruby Red 75th - it got people LE's that were sold out that wanted them.. They have started selling nicely for us and collectors are happy to be able to get them. And Jack did the right thing by offering the extras to prior owners so they weren't left out of those.
I also think this is cool from Stern and bashing isn't warranted... People liked ACDC Luci - it's different. And Dirty Donny is an artist doing something special for pinball (and he hit a homerun with Metallica art) and these are custom made by him - it's also different and it's great it's available for those who want it to buy it.
Choices are better than no choices. It's a different landscape - better mostly, some things not, but I'd rather choices than none anyday. I keep reminding people a few years ago you had NBA and BBH to choose from and that's it, want that instead ? Would it be nice they are all done up front and the pricing on everything is less... Ya I agree there...
Anybody making pinball machines, parts, mods, toys, podcasts, magazines, websites, putting on shows, doing repairs, etc... deserves our thanks, not bellyaching... : )~

Thats great, can I trade in my WOZLE that helped fund the company and I waited over two years for, for the RRLE without a penalty? You either do not understand what it means to pay a premium for a limited product or your being Intellectually dishonest with yourself and everyone else.

Most distributors stay out of these threads for a reason.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

This won't gain me any popularity but once again:
Pinball is not a safe investment. Buy a pin because it's cool and you enjoy playing it.
If you see things that way, additional versions of already released machines is just icing on the cake.
I doubt I'll have any trouble selling my Met Premium at a fair price simply because the DD Custom edition is available.
Seriously: those of you still complaining about WOZLE: enjoy your game or sell it and be done.
Have they really dropped in value now that you can buy a red one? Seems to me that WOZ pricing is more affected by the fact that half of the pinball players in the world just don't appreciate the layout of the game and/or enjoy playing it.
Overall value seems to be affected primarily from the rating and fun factor of a game. Tron and ACDC are great examples. Had Met seen the code update shortly after release, I'll bet they'd be worth more too.

Dude, it has nothing to do with investment or dropping in price and everything to do with dishonesty and intent, or being misled. What part of buy the LE< Limited Edition before they run out then wait 2 years to find out there is another LE don't you understand!

Let me explain this again.....We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards. I don't like my WOZLE any less, I do distrust preordering. Got it?

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Limited edition: they won't keep making them like this model.
NOT the same definition as "ONLY edition"
So what part of that don't YOU understand?

GO AWAY!

Quoted from PEN:

We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards.

Quoted from PEN:

Let me explain this again.....We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards. I don't like my WOZLE any less, I do distrust preordering. Got it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-donna-metallica-special-edition?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.