image-496.jpg
image-208.jpg
image-815.jpg
image-466.jpg
10346184_10152438011469244_8338404793124441475_n.jpg
WizardOfBlahs.jpg
220px-Michael_Jackson_-_Dirty_Diana.png
image.jpg
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They should sell the translite and parts as an upgrade package for ALL owners. Would be a cool upgrade and I's sure a lot of guys would do it.
Think outside the box Stern. You might make some money. Marketing 101.
There are seriously a ton of Pro, and RoadCase Premium owners that want the Dirty Donny Monster Translite.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Totally agree. Im happy with my pro translite, but if i had the roadcase premuim, id want the monster...

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There are seriously a ton of Pro, and RoadCase Premium owners that want the Dirty Donny Monster Translite.

Roadcase with a premium monster translite would be my second favorite art package after the LE.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me three. $500 more than MMR? Really?

So 3 people have received quotes from their distributor saying that this pin will be $8500.00. That's about $2300.00 more than what you can get a regular Premium edition for (shipped).

So that makes this statement from Stern bogus:

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

$2300 more? This is from Stern.........................
Dirty Donny has been hand painting and selling to enthusiasts Sparky’s to mount to our Metallica pinball machines.
Donny has offered to hand paint and sign complete sets of the Metallica Hammer, Snake Head, Tombstone, plus Sparky.
We are installing these on some Metallica Premium Pinballs, along with a Donny signed backglass translight. Our selling price for the few games with this special original art is $US 1,250 over the normal Metallica Premium Pinball, which reflects the value of Dirty Donny hand painted items in the secondary market.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I didn't think the JJP bashing was warranted for Ruby Red 75th - it got people LE's that were sold out that wanted them.. They have started selling nicely for us and collectors are happy to be able to get them. And Jack did the right thing by offering the extras to prior owners so they weren't left out of those.
I also think this is cool from Stern and bashing isn't warranted... People liked ACDC Luci - it's different. And Dirty Donny is an artist doing something special for pinball (and he hit a homerun with Metallica art) and these are custom made by him - it's also different and it's great it's available for those who want it to buy it.
Choices are better than no choices. It's a different landscape - better mostly, some things not, but I'd rather choices than none anyday. I keep reminding people a few years ago you had NBA and BBH to choose from and that's it, want that instead ? Would it be nice they are all done up front and the pricing on everything is less... Ya I agree there...
Anybody making pinball machines, parts, mods, toys, podcasts, magazines, websites, putting on shows, doing repairs, etc... deserves our thanks, not bellyaching... : )~

your a business man, so it really surprises me that you dont understand what "LE" stands for then. there is a difference between the words "limited" and "unlimited" But since you are a JJP Dist, i guess you have to defend it.

#105 9 years ago

The way things are going LE will become LA (Limited Appeal) soon enough, this DD "special lucky dip" is another example of going too far. Like the TV and film industry making just one more sequel or series instead of quitting while ahead and building demand, kudos.....next.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well keep in mind they're probably doing MSRP math in there, and not quoting street prices on the Metallica.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well keep in mind they're probably doing MSRP math in there, and not quoting street prices on the Metallica.

Yeah, and from a practical standpoint, it still makes the statement bogus.

If distributors aren't able to sell the DD Edition for less than $8500.00 (MSRP?), but they can sell regular Premiums for less than MSRP (substantially less), the next effect is that it costs about $2300.00 more for the DD Edition, which is almost twice as much as the $1250.00 figure that they are using.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So 3 people have received quotes from their distributor saying that this pin will be $8500.00. That's about $2300.00 more than what you can get a regular Premium edition for (shipped).

Sounds like the now all too typical lets (distributors) skyrocket the price initially (like with STLE) then if we can't sell them all we will come down. Seems like the best strategy now days is to wait a few months after a release before getting in especially if the initial asking price is ridiculous.

#109 9 years ago

Distro's always charge more at the beginning

They usually charge more on so called "final runs" unless it's a POS game too

Remember Luci prices upon initial release?

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I went blue on the one I did, and had Donny paint me a red one.

Did you put one of them in the game? How did the red one come out ? (Pics) I have the DD green Sparky, I plan to put it in the game eventually ...image-466.jpgimage-466.jpg

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, and from a practical standpoint, it still makes the statement bogus.
If distributors aren't able to sell the DD Edition for less than $8500.00 (MSRP?), but they can sell regular Premiums for less than MSRP (substantially less), the next effect is that it costs about $2300.00 more for the DD Edition, which is almost twice as much as the $1250.00 figure that they are using.

Sounds like the 75th Anniversary of something......what was that game again.

#112 9 years ago

it really is a shame that these toys didn't get this kind of treatment the first time around on the le's and premiums (a little better paint job would have been nice on these pins, esp for the price we all shell out to stern).

Quoted from Keebler:

Stern posted that on their FB page, along with better pictures of the toys in the flyer...

10346184_10152438011469244_83384... 60 KB

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Did you put one of them in the game? How did the red one come out ? (Pics) I have the DD green Sparky, I plan to put it in the game eventually ...

image-466.jpg 162 KB

Blue one went into the game.

image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg

Red Donny one came out cool. Had him do a black tee with a big skull on it. He ignored my finger tattoo request of "HOLD FAST" and put he standard "FUEL FIRE" on there, but otherwise I am very pleased. It is sitting on a shelf in my office. Can post pics tomorrow.

#114 9 years ago

...and here is the one I had Donny paint me....

image-208.jpgimage-208.jpg image-496.jpgimage-496.jpg
#115 9 years ago

8500usd converted to cdn plus shipping plus 12% tax comes to about 11k...ouch!

#116 9 years ago

I just ordered a regular MET Premium this morning. The extras on this special one are out of my price range...

Rob

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just ordered a regular MET Premium this morning. The extras on this special one are out of my price range...
Rob

Not worth it for sure !

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I read the flyer and it says Dirty Donny signed the translite and it has painted toys. It did not actually say Dirty Donny painted every toy. Maybe he just signed off on the design of the painting....
Who knows......

It doesn't explicitly say that Donny did them all, but he did say that he's been working and did a lot of different colors. *shrug* https://www.facebook.com/dirtydonnyart/posts/818165478196200

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Blue one went into the game.

Red Donny one came out cool. Had him do a black tee with a big skull on it. He ignored my finger tattoo request of "HOLD FAST" and put he standard "FUEL FIRE" on there, but otherwise I am very pleased. It is sitting on a shelf in my office. Can post pics tomorrow.

I like yours better.

#120 9 years ago

Has anyone ordered one of these yet?

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

...and here is the one I had Donny paint me...

Those look great gambit!! Did you score and XM yet, if not don't throw out the idea of going for a XM pro and modding it out such a fun pin. Thanks for the pics.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

...and here is the one I had Donny paint me....

Thanks for the pics ...

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Roadcase with a premium monster translite would be my second favorite art package after the LE.

11214 006.JPG11214 006.JPG
I somewhat agree, I like the pro better that the Monster trans , monster trans(DD)has too too much going on . Pro is much better for me

#124 9 years ago

So what Stern are saying.......... Don't buy any NIB pinball until all models have been released otherwise you will miss out on a edition you could like.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

So what Stern are saying.......... Don't buy any NIB pinball until all models have been released otherwise you will miss out on a edition you could like.

5 different models, code still isn't complete & the ball lock issues remain.

So yeah, as your attorney I'd advise you to wait some more

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I didn't think the JJP bashing was warranted for Ruby Red 75th - it got people LE's that were sold out that wanted them.. They have started selling nicely for us and collectors are happy to be able to get them. And Jack did the right thing by offering the extras to prior owners so they weren't left out of those.
I also think this is cool from Stern and bashing isn't warranted... People liked ACDC Luci - it's different. And Dirty Donny is an artist doing something special for pinball (and he hit a homerun with Metallica art) and these are custom made by him - it's also different and it's great it's available for those who want it to buy it.
Choices are better than no choices. It's a different landscape - better mostly, some things not, but I'd rather choices than none anyday. I keep reminding people a few years ago you had NBA and BBH to choose from and that's it, want that instead ? Would it be nice they are all done up front and the pricing on everything is less... Ya I agree there...
Anybody making pinball machines, parts, mods, toys, podcasts, magazines, websites, putting on shows, doing repairs, etc... deserves our thanks, not bellyaching... : )~

I disagree here. Jjp with several limited editions is stupid. Ruby red, emerald city, signed and numbered standard and people still do not have their games. Simply ridiculous ,

I think limited edition should be limited. Stern with 800 games . Isn't limited and jjp with 3 numbered editions is pathetic.

I for one think Stern should sell limited pieces for any of us to upgrade our games.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

...as your attorney I'd advise you to wait some more

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I somewhat agree, I like the pro better that the Monster trans , monster trans(DD)has too too much going on . Pro is much better for me

I agree %100!

Rob

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I disagree here. Jjp with several limited editions is stupid. Ruby red, emerald city, signed and numbered standard and people still do not have their games. Simply ridiculous ,
I think limited edition should be limited. Stern with 800 games . Isn't limited and jjp with 3 numbered editions is pathetic.
I for one think Stern should sell limited pieces for any of us to upgrade our games.

Remember the Ford LTD? Limited to millions and millions (of piles of junk).

1986-Ford-LTD-Crown-Victoria-22.jpg1986-Ford-LTD-Crown-Victoria-22.jpg
#130 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

5 different models, code still isn't complete & the ball lock issues remain.
So yeah, as your attorney I'd advise you to wait some more

I already have a LE

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

11214 006.JPG 169 KB

How do you like those pin blades? I'am gonna have those put on at the refinery without the lighting effects though.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thats great, can I trade in my WOZLE that helped fund the company and I waited over two years for, for the RRLE without a penalty? You either do not understand what it means to pay a premium for a limited product or your being Intellectually dishonest with yourself and everyone else.

Most distributors stay out of these threads for a reason.

#133 9 years ago

I dont get it, he paints everything Green & ruins it. Just leave it alone man! WTF?!?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Thats great, can I trade in my WOZLE that helped fund the company and waited over two years for, for the RRLE without a penalty? You either do not understand what it means to pay a premium for a limited product or your being Intellectually dishonest with yourself and everyone else.
Most distributors stay out of these threads for a reason.

Agree 100% distributorsshould stay away from these threads as only negative outcomes seem possible

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

How do you like those pin blades? I'am gonna have those put on at the refinery

It Makes the Inside of the game complete. . Yeah , Some like and some dislike the lighting.me I like . it compliments the Lightning in the art via UV and acts like Lightning strikes when you hit sparky, so May he RiDe ThE LiGhTniNg!!!

#136 9 years ago

This won't gain me any popularity but once again:
Pinball is not a safe investment. Buy a pin because it's cool and you enjoy playing it.
If you see things that way, additional versions of already released machines is just icing on the cake.
I doubt I'll have any trouble selling my Met Premium at a fair price simply because the DD Custom edition is available.
Seriously: those of you still complaining about WOZLE: enjoy your game or sell it and be done.
Have they really dropped in value now that you can buy a red one? Seems to me that WOZ pricing is more affected by the fact that half of the pinball players in the world just don't appreciate the layout of the game and/or enjoy playing it.
Overall value seems to be affected primarily from the rating and fun factor of a game. Tron and ACDC are great examples. Had Met seen the code update shortly after release, I'll bet they'd be worth more too.

Edit: great point Hank. I'm not in agreement that new versions should be produced when others are still waiting for their prebooked LEs. Just saying that more versions is a plus, not a minus.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Pinball is not a safe investment. Buy a pin because it's cool and you enjoy playing it.
If you see things that way, additional versions of already released machines is just icing on the cake.
I doubt I'll have any trouble selling my Met Premium at a fair price simply because the DD Custom edition is available.
Seriously: those of you still complaining about WOZLE: enjoy your game or sell it and be done.
Have they really dropped in value now that you can buy a red one? Seems to me that WOZ pricing is more affected by the fact that half of the pinball players in the world just don't appreciate the layout of the game and/or enjoy playing it.
Overall value seems to be affected primarily from the rating and fun factor of a game. Tron and ACDC are great examples. Had Met seen the code update shortly after release, I'll bet they'd be worth more too.

I think you are 100% correct except woz as some people do not have games to sell and have paid more than 2 years ago. I feel the pain of those still waiting for a game. It's now one year since first played WOZ on location.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Dude, it has nothing to do with investment or dropping in price and everything to do with dishonesty and intent, or being misled. What part of buy the LE< Limited Edition before they run out then wait 2 years to find out there is another LE don't you understand!

Let me explain this again.....We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards. I don't like my WOZLE any less, I do distrust preordering. Got it?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Dude, it has nothing to do with investment or dropping in price and everything to do with dishonesty and intent, or being misled. What part of buy the LE< Limited Edition before they run out than wait 2 years to find out there is another LE don't you understand!

Limited edition: they won't keep making them like this model.
NOT the same definition as "ONLY edition"

So what part of that don't YOU understand?

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Limited edition: they won't keep making them like this model.
NOT the same definition as "ONLY edition"
So what part of that don't YOU understand?

GO AWAY!

Quoted from PEN:

We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards.

Quoted from PEN:

Let me explain this again.....We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards. I don't like my WOZLE any less, I do distrust preordering. Got it?

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

We paid for LE's under the guise that once they are gone, there will only be standards.

There's the issue at hand.
If JJP said that was to be the case, I apologize. If you just assumed it to be true, no wonder you're miffed.
All the same, I'm glad to see that it doesn't diminish your enjoyment of WOZ. That's the most important issue in the end.
Not to mention, I always thought that when JJP announced the RR edition at significantly more $, it solidified the value that you guys had "invested" in your WOZLEs. Now if he released the RRs and they were cheaper...

#142 9 years ago

This one cracks me up.

2014-05-31-10-25-04.png2014-05-31-10-25-04.png
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

This one cracks me up.

2014-05-31-10-25-04.png 2.3 MB

They need one in TFTC as I always called the new Borg Metallica the upgrade version of the TFTC game.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

This one cracks me up.

Oh wow. I'm at a loss for words. Which, if you know me, is rare.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Now if he released the RRs and they were cheaper...

Oh, they will be cheaper if they're interested in selling any.

#146 9 years ago

They should add LEDs from the factory on this and Luci etc..

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

They should add LEDs from the factory on this and Luci etc..

Yeah, they do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-donna-metallica-special-edition/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.