(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 11 years ago

This cut is very real. My distributor has had his allocation cut by over 50%. The most recent cut came this morning.

I am currently getting a machine but that could change at any moment, at which Stern may have lost a customer for life. This is flat out bullshit and is no way to run a business.

I know my distributor personally and trust him 100% and don't believe he is pulling back stock to keep for himself.

#217 11 years ago

I have talked to a bunch of different people. None of them want to be quoted here.

It's pretty clear that:

1. Stern underestimated the excitement around the game. The fact that people want it is great for them, the hobby, and ultimately us (the fans.)
2. Metallica had an option to sell games to their fan club and the numbers here were grossly underestimated/underallocated by Stern. If I were Metallica I would want to protect my fanbase over Stern's, so people that went through distributors got jacked.

The two saving graces are:

1. This fan club thing hasn't happened before, and shouldn't apply to Star Trek/future games.
2. The game is no longer for sale on the fan club site.

I would like to think that anyone safe as of right now won't have to worry, but who knows.

The best things that Stern can do are:

1. Run another 100 LEs. I don't understand why they wouldn't do this.
2. Roll out unified messaging to their distributors. What we have now is rumors and chaos and isn't good for anyone.
3. Announce a second premium immediately, or change the translite on the first, or offer the customer the option to choose.

I feel really bad for anyone that got screwed. As of right now I am on the bubble. What a crappy situation.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Designed by who? Borg just did Metallica, we know Steve's working on ST, George is taking a break. They're selling so many AC/DCs (and now Metallicas)...Avatar, X-Men, and Avengers are still in production. Factory's bustling! They don't need another title till ST.

What did they blow? They sold 500 machines in an hour.
They can now sell unlimited Premiums and Pros.

One designer will have two games ship this calendar year.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Nobody knows for sure but I would be willing to bet that when the ST LEs come around they will sell just as fast. The guys that were screwed this time around will have to decide if they want to take a chance again or be left out. I feel bad for the people who got screwed. The good news is that there will be another version of the Premium to choose from. Maybe your distributer can cut you a break on the price. To keep you for a customer for life.
Pappy

I actually DON'T think this will happen on Trek. If they are smart they won't be caught in a situation where a 3rd party has a major say over their allocation.

#260 11 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Out of this entire thread, these are the only two posters who claim the games have been taken away from them. One other person said they got in late in the day when the distributor thought he was getting more. Seem odd?
Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California (209)402-3163

The most recent cuts came this morning. Give distributors time to call their customers, and pissed off people time to come visit the site.

#261 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If only there was someone to tell us this multiple times a day....

I nominated the TMNT / DE SW guy but he appears to have skipped town.

#276 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

I highly doubt Stern would consider doing another LE version of Metallica. The hype that this fiasco is generating around here is insane. It only means more people will be likely to get their preorders in quicker for the next release or they risk potentially 'missing out'. So glad I have zero interest in Star Trek.
Oh, and you can add me to the list of people who was screwed on the LE. I confirmed my order with my distributor within minutes of pictures being released, sent in my deposit, and learned yesterday that I didn't make the cut.

Which distributor?

#292 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

And now it is back "in stock". If you really want a Metallica LE and are willing to spend approx. $8K. then you should check http://www.metallica.com. If it says out of stock, keep an eye on the page, because it keeps coming back for the past 24 hours+. Either due to cancellations or further allotments or the way the cart is set up (who knows). Price is $7595 with half due now + shipping (unknown).

Where do you see it in their store? I couldn't find it listed 'in stock' on their site anywhere. Do you need a met club login?

I REALLY hope they aren't continuing to take more orders that Stern can't fulfill.

#301 11 years ago

Can anyone confirm with a picture that the metallica site is still taking LE orders? If so, I'm guessing more of us will get bounced.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

They show "OUT OF STOCK" in red lettering for the LE. Why do you need a pic, do you think we're lying to you? Just pay your $45 if you don't believe us.

That's not what I was trying to imply. Jkd blaze said that they were listed as in stock just a few posts ago. If they were still selling them as of today I fear more cuts are coming.

Thanks for posting the pic.

#438 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"sorry we forgot the lube"
"better luck next time"
"oops"
"meh"
"don't worry the code and game play was going to suck"
"ha ha ... I said ha ha"

'Gary just bought a Star Wars from Florida with forged cast autographs and ordered half of the LEs to be destroyed.'

#559 11 years ago

Maybe they'll post some gameplay tomorrow along with the new premium.

#690 11 years ago

Anyone able to check the met club store? Just want to make sure that they aren't taking anymore le orders today.

#699 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

No LE listed on the site as of right now. They did add the Dirty Donny.

Thanks, I really appreciate you checking.

#875 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wow after all this time? Who was the distributor? We should know what distributor so that if any of us have ordered from the same one we know to check.

Agreed, please share the distributor even if its in a PM...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica?tu=zucot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.