(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 11 years ago

Easy solution. Crank out 500 Ride the Lightning LE models with different art and translite. Maintains the unique nature of the Master of Puppets LE while satisfying the overwhelming demand.

Many Puppets buyers have said they would have went with a Lightning LE had it been available. Give them first dibs on switching their Puppets LE to a Lightning LE and make the rest available for general sale. Problem solved.

#356 11 years ago

One dirty deed deserves another! What ever will Stern do next?

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Tried, failed, shrugged, refilling glass

Scotch?

#391 11 years ago

Shit this site can be entertaining at times.

#397 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We aim to please Jar! ......better than reality tv...

I'd say! Although you're setting the bar pretty low with that comparison. At least say it's better than golf and/or tennis.

#402 11 years ago

I gave you a thumbs up purely based on your use of this word. It doesn't get used enough and needs to be acknowledged when it is.

#404 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJ has his own potential problems and I've been very critical of his last delay and duly noted on here!....quit grasping...

Indeed! Are the Kool-Aid supplies dwindling?

#421 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Stern is "chuckling" about this situation, which I highly doubt, then they are fools......

Pretty sure they're in damage control mode at the moment. Hence the rumored announcement of an alternate Premium model. I'm sure they're hoping that gets a few people to pull out their wallets instead of pitchforks.

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

All those upset about people flipping LE's when they did not get one are obviously upset they did not have the chance to flip one (your 'perceived value' statement). Otherwise, no bitching, they get a Premium. It plays the same.

Isn't it possible that some people REALLY like the art on the LE and want it over the Premium for that reason and that reason alone?

Seems perfectly plausible to me.

Full disclosure: I don't have an LE, didn't have a deposit on one, and will probably get a Premium if I get a Metallica pin at all. Assuming they use the Pro art on the Premium, then the art is a wash between the LE and Premium for me. I have no need for a LE despite my love of the Master of Puppets album.

#601 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Possible? Yes. Likely? Not in the majority of cases is my guess. From the sound of things, another Premium model with better art is being done, so that should stop all the complaining. Maybe. Or not.

I agree there are definitely people out there who are bent that they don't have an LE to flip, but I bet there are quite a few pinhead Metallica fans out there who wanted one for the art package and came up empty.

Like you say, the Premium with the new art package should help cool things off. I know I'm looking forward to seeing it.

#602 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No point in reading the thread at all Captain....price hasn't dropped below 6k yet

More comedy gold!

#608 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Totally agree. I guess that's why it's called .... a 'limited edition'. Not everyone who wants one is going to get one.
Living in the first world is not all it's cracked up to be I guess.

Indeed. We can't have it all. Just shows how lame the LE concept is, but it seems to be working for Stern so I don't see it going away anytime soon.

If they only built Premiums and Pros with no artificial production limits few people would pre-order and would *gasp* wait to play it before buying. In effect forcing Stern to deliver a high quality experience out of the gate.

With the LE model they can sell based on the potential of the product without being forced to deliver in the end. As long as they occasionally deliver (Tron, ACDC) they can keep people coming back to roll the dice again.

But hey... If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stern has it down to a science now.

#613 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it tomorrow yet?

Depends... What time zone is Oz in?

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think people thought we were all really arguing with each other in an angry manner. LOL, this is just how we all communicate fellas.

Personally, I enjoyed the dialog between the four of you. It seemed like a theoretical conversation going on from all of you. It was interesting to read the perspectives each of you brought to the table. Many excellent points were made. Hopefully you inadvertently helped some distributors along the way!

#778 11 years ago
Quoted from ChevelleSSguy:

JJ who? Jersey Jack? Why would he care about a thread regarding Stern?

Gexchange AKA JJ from Game Exchange in Colorado.

#790 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

When did Borg become such a "sure thing" as a designer? Some of his later Stern games:
Indiana Jones 2008
NBA 2009
Big Buck Hunter 2010
Iron Man 2010
Tron 2011
XMen 2012

I haven't played IJ4 or NBA, but for the others...

BBH = Turd
IM = Great
Tron = Awesome
XM = Needs code

With a great theme, seeing the layout and knowing Lyman is coding it I think it is safe to say Metallica will be a great game.

#793 11 years ago

Good call! He did a hell of a job on MSF as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica?tu=jarjarisgod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.