(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I know GEX got their original allotment cut in half. Kye said nothing to me about not
being able to fill their preorders, also they are still battling with stern to get the machines
originally promised to them.

It sounds like an absolute mess. How can Stern feel it is ok to jerk around the distributors that have been the most consistent in their orders for new games? Also, why would Europe have the priority for a large quantity of this game if they did not order that many of previous titles?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

After the two and half hours I spent on the phone with various distributors yesterday chasing down leads (and even more time texting last night) I can personally assure you that is exactly what is happening...not with every distributor but certainly with some of them. I'm not going to call any distributor out by name because this hobby is so small and I may need them later for something but there was more than one that had some shady crap going on to jack the price up way over the MSRP before the game is even released to them.
I don't know if what they were doing was a violation of Stern's policies (Stern may not care) but it certainly should be.

I think the distributors should be called out. At least we should compile a list of the particular details of the pre-orders that fell through and which distributors were involved. We may see a pattern in it.

I know that Automated had some on Ebay the night of the pre-order and those quickly disappeared and then they had more listed for a much higher price within 36 hours.

#132 11 years ago

I agree, if the band has taken many LEs for their fan club members then the supply chain has been messed up for the normal LOYAL Stern LE buyer's and made the game unobtainable for many. If that is the case Stern should either up the number of LEs or have a second version of the LE.
Also, no I am not butt hurt because I would not buy a Metallica pin no matter the version or price.

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I hoe you never have a reason to be Butt Hurt.

What?

I was just responding to the post above saying people were just complaining and feeling "butt hurt" because they did not get one. I don't have any interest in getting a Metallica pin so I am not in that boat and simply wanted to make that clear that I did not miss out.
I feel sorry for others that wanted one and may have missed out because of the Metallica band members diverting the stock to non-pinheads.

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could explain why the distributor I ordered with is not responding.

This is going to be disaster for Stern if they do not make sure that dozens and dozens of people don't get left out that have pre-orders in with regular Stern distributors.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

So I am not a new poster here.... I called and got a verbal confirmation with one of the large distributors who happened to be at Pinburgh (if that give you a clue). Sent the money on Thursday and received an email yesterday saying I wasn't getting a machine.
I called him and asked why. He said his allotment was cut from 30 to 10 LE's. I am not sure I buy that yet at this point. I guess if GEX orders don't get cut, it will tell more of the story. I just hope to get my money back at this point, and also asked for a refund of my Star Trek LE deposit I had with him.
I see two possibilities:
1) Stern did cut the order allotment.
2) Other favored customers trumped my order.
I am waiting to see how it all works out with the other distributors.

Not good at all.
Can you please give the distributor name?

#161 11 years ago

If this goes sour for many pre-order people, how will anybody feel comfortable pre-ordering any other game from Stern in the future?

#173 11 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Gary Stern has said numerous times that if they call something "Limited Edition" they will not re-run it or run additional units. This is why some games, including this one, will be run as "premiums" with the same gameplay as the LE, just different art.
Stern hasn't waivered on this philosophy and I doubt they will now. Surely they would have done it with TRON LE if they were going to go against their own word.

This situation is different because the game has not been made yet, and anybody that ordered could still cancel if it bothered them that the LE was going to be expanded before shipping. Also, it appears that there may be a major glitch in the supply/allocation system that Stern would appear to be at least partially at fault.

#284 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I had my order with JJ at GEX confirmed mid day on the 11th. We have been back and forth on emails as he is on a boat in the middle of the ocean somewhere (where he should be relaxing instead of responding to my silly emails!) It took until today to firm up the deposit which I subsequently put in with Rich by phone. I was also told by JJ that every order behind mine was getting wait listed, which would make mine one of the last they took. I have not been told that their allotment of LE's has been cut. To the contrary, I put my deposit in after 10am (pacific) which would be noon in CO and at Stern headquarters. I assume that a letter sent out that morning would have been in GEX's hands by the time they took my CC info. The card has already been charged FYI. Not sure if this helps the point along at all, but there it is

Unfortunately it sounds like more disappointed customers are just around the corner. Wait until these "wait listed" people find out their order status. To me "wait listed" means the chances of getting one of the LEs are between slim and none.

#788 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

When did Borg become such a "sure thing" as a designer? Some of his later Stern games:
Indiana Jones 2008
NBA 2009
Big Buck Hunter 2010
Iron Man 2010
Tron 2011
XMen 2012

More like 50/50 than a sure thing IMO.

#838 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

With all the excitement for Metallica and Star Trek how is the game coming next between the 2 even going to have a chance ?

If it is angry birds then they will only sell a few hundred mostly for route anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.