(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 11 years ago

So, on the poll thread asking who bought one, there are currently 103 pinsiders who said they got in on one. In this thread there are three people who have said the distribs have cancelled their pre-order? Maybe one or two more; hard to sift through the posts. I think if more people were getting orders cancelled, there would be a lot more people speaking up, rather than the "rumor mill" running rampant about what Stern should do because of this "mess."

Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from Quantumleap:

Landed a Metallica MMOP and stoked. Just found out that the distributors have been cut back a second time due to Gary wanting to send more machines to Europe. So now No MMOP even with a deposit.

Quoted from 85Txaggie:

So I am not a new poster here.... I called and got a verbal confirmation with one of the large distributors who happened to be at Pinburgh (if that give you a clue). Sent the money on Thursday and received an email yesterday saying I wasn't getting a machine.
I called him and asked why. He said his allotment was cut from 30 to 10 LE's.

Out of this entire thread, these are the only two posters who claim the games have been taken away from them. One other person said they got in late in the day when the distributor thought he was getting more. Seem odd?

Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California (209)402-3163

#734 11 years ago

700 and blah blah posts later, nothing solved. Five or six people posted they got hosed, and...wait, Stern posted more Premium pics! Everybody look over there!

distraction.jpgdistraction.jpg

#769 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Thanks to jkdblaze, I managed to get in on an LE on MetClub. I was somewhat concerned that it might get cancelled due to the website frequently going from "in stock" to "out of stock" and then back to "in stock". After having my order cancelled already w my distributor, I decided to contact metclub. They confirmed that my LE is reserved. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks again jkdblaze!

Wouldn't it be ironic if every person who got hosed because the games were taken away from distributors and sent to MetClub went to MetClub and bought a game?

#770 11 years ago

Stern: "You can't have that game, Levcrush, because a MetClub member wants it."

MetClub: "Hi, Levcrush, welcome to MetClub! What?! You'd like to buy a pinball machine? It's your lucky day! We just got one more allotment from Stern."

Stern: "Glad we can make the MetClub members happy."

#775 11 years ago

I just had a scary thought. What if MetClub has rights to sell as many as they can, and everytime someone buys one, Stern makes a call to a distrib and takes one away?

If Stern felt they needed to make cuts, wouldn't they do it all in one day? Why are some distribs just hearing today games are being cut?

#782 11 years ago

JJ already replied to this thread on page 2. Whether things have changed for him or not since then, I don't know. I hope not. My order is with him. His post is below:

>>Guys who ordered from GEX orders are good! I'm trying to work on a confirmation email, but Being on the Cruise ship is making that more difficult than expected.. Plus my GF keeps distracting me!

I look forward to talking to you all when I get back, Thanks again for your orders and loyal support.

JJ
<<

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.