Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

4 years ago

Stats

• 873 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

There are 875 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#50 4 years ago

Still MOPLEs available in the UK. PH has them (well at least one) advertised at £6,695.00. Strange that there isn't the same rush to buy over here. Any other non US Pinsiders got info on availability where they are?

#51 4 years ago

I read somewhere that pins are great for your portfolio. Now where did I read that...

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Dealers over sold thinking they could get what ever they wanted from Stern. MOP has taken sales to a new level never seen before .
Sorry to those that thought they had one.

Do you mean.. "unfulfilled orders" to a new level? I ask because the LE is the same number as last games..no?

Sounds like opportunity lost to me.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He indicated to me that he knew his number on Tuesday, was allotted a few more on Wednesday, and that number remained unchanged.
Sounds like the total # of LEs ended at 500, with 260 domestic sales and 240 going overseas.

That seems unchanged - so might be overselling of LE's assuming they could get more...

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Sounds like the total # of LEs ended at 500, with 260 domestic sales and 240 going overseas.

Is this the usual breakdown for what stays here and goes overseas? (AC/DC or Avengers)

#55 4 years ago

Stern has a hot title. They should pull out of the LE entirely and make only a premium and pro. They should add a little cost to each to make up for whatever extra they can't make selling LE's...and essentially make the Premium an LE. Everybody's happy...except maybe the delta0-bravos that think it's more important to have a limited edition release...and I'll most of us couldn't care less about them. They will sell thousands and thousands of premiums this way.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is this the usual breakdown for what stays here and goes overseas? (AC/DC or Avengers)

Not on LEs. They normally see 70-90 LEs go overseas. Pros go to Europe and Australia in big numbers, but not normally the LE models.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Not on LEs. They normally see 70-90 LEs go overseas.

Was it also this way for AC/DC? Is it just the popularity of bands overseas that make them divide it differently?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern has a hot title. They should pull out of the LE entirely and make only a premium and pro. They should add a little cost to each to make up for whatever extra they can't make selling LE's...and essentially make the Premium an LE. Everybody's happy...except maybe the delta0-bravos that think it's more important to have a limited edition release...and I'll most of us couldn't care less about them. They will sell thousands and thousands of premiums this way.

They will sell thousands of premiums anyway. So why piss off their highest end customers? Sorry, but the guys that pre-order LE versions are important to Stern, and they will and do take care of them.Why wouldn't they, when they are going to sell the same number of Premiums and Pros, as it were?

#59 4 years ago

Interesting..
Our group went through a disty who on Monday (before the trailer release) said he had 25 machines.

I just confirmed with him that he still had 25 machines and 'nothing' was taken away from him.

It wouldn't surprise me if disties oversold with the assumption that they could get more machines. Especially when Stern originally said 400 LEs..then upped it to 500 the week the trailer was released.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was it also this way for AC/DC? Is it just the popularity of bands overseas that make them divide it differently?

I don't know the hard numbers on ACDC LEs. I suspect that there were also more than usual #s that went overseas, based on the particular band. I suspect that metal is a bigger theme in Europe than almost anything else Stern does, and explains the Metallica numbers.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I ask because the LE is the same number as last games..no?

I think that there are more distributors selling the same games so Stern tries to get the new guys some action too?

Anyone ?

#62 4 years ago

The same thing happened with xmen wolverines. Was anyone affected by that?

#63 4 years ago

I am sure that some dealers would and will take advantage of what's going on. The problem does not stem from the dealers. The problem stems from Stern. They are the ones who made the cut backs to the dealers and caused the chaos. So I hope they enjoy the top of the crest with Metallica and Star Trek. They won't be in my home. Even Rome fell.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

GEX is able to honor all of their LEs sold. They did not oversell. Talked to Rich this morning.

good news

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

"disty" "disties"

No.

Just NO.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

GEX is able to honor all of their LEs sold. They did not oversell. Talked to Rich this morning.

Thanks for the info Gambit...No need for me to bother Chi or JJ.

#67 4 years ago

I just spoke with Rich at GEX. He informed me that all pre-orders with deposit are 100% confirmed. It is speculated other distributors are backing out of their pre order obligations to make a quick buck on the side. Tisk tisk.

Thank you Game Exhange for being an honest stand up company.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

It is speculated other distributors are backing out of their pre order obligations to make a quick buck on the side.

If this turns out to be true, I'd love to know the names of these dillholes so that I can never consider them for future purchases.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(insert eye rolling emoticon).

we have one of those.

#71 4 years ago

or this

spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

lol 'dillholes'...

shut up, fart-knocker!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

If this turns out to be true, I'd love to know the names of these dillholes so that I can never consider them for future purchases.

Agreed. If they expect me to honor my part of the bargain, they'd better honor theirs.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Still MOPLEs available in the UK. PH has them (well at least one) advertised at £6,695.00. Strange that there isn't the same rush to buy over here. Any other non US Pinsiders got info on availability where they are?

Maybe cos that equates to over $10000 for a pin that has not been played by anyone;)

#75 4 years ago

Has anyone had their order pulled? Report back here if so

#76 4 years ago

This is only going to get worse before it gets better.I'm sure that we will be hearing more stories of unfilled orders soon for MMOP's.

#77 4 years ago

My feeling is that Stern should sell the LEs directly to the consumers and let distributors handle the Pros and Premiums. Yes, it would mean less sales for distributors, but it seems as if there's always problems with distributors overselling in the preorder time period or confusion about how many machines they're going to get.

Also, I know of a handful of distributors that keep one or two machines and stash them for later when prices jump so that they can sell them at an inflated premium. That kinda sucks, if you ask me. It would be a bummer for several of the great distributors that help guys out here, but overall it would make the LE process better.

Also, LE numbers should be per region, not overall. Give North America 400 LEs and do another 400 for Europe. Put a little Euro symbol on the European plaque and it's all good.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Also, I know of a handful of distributors that keep one or two machines and stash them for later when prices jump so that they can sell them at an inflated premium.

That's a LOT!

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Has anyone had their order pulled?

The OP . That is why this thread was started .

#80 4 years ago

Guys who ordered from GEX orders are good! I'm trying to work on a confirmation email, but Being on the Cruise ship is making that more difficult than expected.. Plus my GF keeps distracting me!

I look forward to talking to you all when I get back, Thanks again for your orders and loyal support.

JJ

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Plus my GF keeps distracting me!

#82 4 years ago

She's just pointing out every seabird with great excitement.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe cos that equates to over $10000 for a pin that has not been played by anyone;)

It's the standard price for a new Stern since the LE model was introduced so it's not really relevent to my point.

Eveything tech is more expensive in the UK. Nearly every new electronic gadget sold here just gets it's dollar sign swapped for a pound sign.

At least we might actually benefit from Heighway Pinball being based in the UK with decent prices.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Guys who ordered from GEX orders are good! I'm trying to work on a confirmation email, but Being on the Cruise ship is making that more difficult than expected.. Plus my GF keeps distracting me!
I look forward to talking to you all when I get back, Thanks again for your orders and loyal support.
JJ

Thanks JJ for the great Customer support and staying in contact once again....Damn that is a LONG cruise, enjoy it!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

On a cruise?? I would hope so...

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Quantumleap:

Landed a Metallica MMOP and stoked. Just found out that the distributors have been cut back a second time due to Gary wanting to send more machines to Europe. So now No MMOP even with a deposit. Check your orders with you dealers. You win Stern. Your self centered business attitude lost you a customer forever. Doesn't matter anyway. They will crank out the premiums until the value is gone and screw their own dealers for a few bucks.

Until proof is presented that Stern did this I'm going to treat this like all other 'facts' and flat out call bull$hit.

First time poster? New account? Time to put up or shut up.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

#88 4 years ago

I think enough credible people here said it was real. Did you read all the posts?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

"disty" "disties"

No.

Just NO.

Hey, at least it wasn't "disty's"!

#90 4 years ago

Some people who got in late in the day have been told no go. I was one of them but I also was late in the day. Ill be getting a premium and I'm ok with that.

#91 4 years ago

Distribbers....

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Quantumleap:

Landed a Metallica MMOP and stoked. Just found out that the distributors have been cut back a second time due to Gary wanting to send more machines to Europe. So now No MMOP even with a deposit. Check your orders with you dealers. You win Stern. Your self centered business attitude lost you a customer forever. Doesn't matter anyway. They will crank out the premiums until the value is gone and screw their own dealers for a few bucks.

If this is true - what is Stern's motivation for cutting already paid for orders? Isn't an order an order? They decided the domestic/foreign game allotment, they all sold...too late. Put good art on the Premium and no one will care about not getting a MOPLE.

#93 4 years ago

Easy solution. Crank out 500 Ride the Lightning LE models with different art and translite. Maintains the unique nature of the Master of Puppets LE while satisfying the overwhelming demand.

Many Puppets buyers have said they would have went with a Lightning LE had it been available. Give them first dibs on switching their Puppets LE to a Lightning LE and make the rest available for general sale. Problem solved.

#95 4 years ago

It's hard to argue with Stern raising their prices when there's this much competition for a premium priced pin that offers only aesthetic differences from the premium. Looks like they could easily set their price point higher, or at least issue more LE's (which sort of defeats the purpose of "Limited", but I doubt most would care).

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think enough credible people here said it was real. Did you read all the posts?

Yes - read it all twice and nothing I would consider 'proof' has yet to be presented. Lots of speculation, zero substance.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If this is true - what is Stern's motivation for cutting already paid for orders? Isn't an order an order?

My source tells me Metallica (the band) is pulling rank and giving order priority to their Fan Club members. Distributor orders come second.

DO NOT take this as gospel.. but this is what I'm told, and it wouldn't surprise me.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Easy solution. Crank out 500 Ride the Lightning LE models with different art and translite. Maintains the unique nature of the Master of Puppets LE while satisfying the overwhelming demand.
Many Puppets buyers have said they would have went with a Lightning LE had it been available. Give them first dibs on switching their Puppets LE to a Lightning LE and make the rest available for general sale. Problem solved.

Stern aren't going to announce more LEs. Adding another LE now would seriously pee off everyone that has an LE already and devalue the LEs for the next title because people would wait and see if a better LE gets announced later on. Stern love the mad panic for buying LEs and this is because customers know that they are genuinely limited. The only thing that will change is perhaps next release will have few more LEs available to begin with. My guess would be 800 in total, maybe split into 2 varieties.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Distribbers....

Stribbies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 169.95
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rolla, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbology
6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 18.99
There are 875 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,553 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.