(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif

There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Does the premium have the standard stern black wrinkle coated hardware like the Pro?

Stern needs to make a new spreadsheet.

#702 10 years ago

So I read this whole thread this morning and slightly confused (No shit!)

Here's how my order went

Monday Morning (the day before the trailer was released): I called my distributor and ordered a LE. In talking with him he was kinda pissed that he 'ordered' 50 LEs but only got 25. Remember this is still Monday before the official release

Tuesday: Trailer released

Thursday: Pictures and total shit storm with everyone trying to find an LE. A friend snuck in and got one of his last LEs from same the guy I ordered from

Monday: Rumors of promised pre-orders not getting filled

Tuesday\Wednesday: Confirmed pre-ordered not getting filled

Thursday (today): I call my distributor to see what's up. He said I'm fine (and so is my friend) and he still has his 25 machines. He also said Stern didn't take away anything that was originally ordered.

I have no idea how distributors secure product from Stern but.. is it possible that the distributor just 'assumed' they were gonna get what they got in the past...or had access too. Then they sold off of that number without actually placing an order for them?

I could easily see distributors not placing actual orders for the machines before Thursday because of the X-men LE and TAV Blue not selling.. an not wanting to get stuck with product again

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

is it possible that the distributor just 'assumed' they were gonna get what they got in the past...or had access too. Then they sold off of that number without actually placing an order for them?
I could easily see distributors not placing actual orders for the machines before Thursday because of the X-men LE and TAV Blue not selling.. an not wanting to get stuck with product again

thanks for expressing my same question....

Also wondering if some distributors oversold based on their experience in the past of being able to "get a few more" if needed...

Can someone who actually KNOWS explain the LE distribution process?

#704 10 years ago

I do know that my distributor ORDERED 50 LEs sometime before the official release...and received confirmation of 25 machines.

He still has those 25 machines and nothing has been pulled away from him as of Thursday (4.18)

As I said I have no idea how it works with Stern..but 'allotment' and 'ordered' are 2 completely different terms. At least in my profession

Quoted from lowepg:

thanks for expressing my same question....
Also wondering if some distributors oversold based on their experience in the past of being able to "get a few more" if needed...
Can someone who actually KNOWS explain the LE distribution process?

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That new Davenci show on Stars that came on right after Spartacus. We were so depressed after Spartacus ended we took a few days off before starting a new show . . . weird I know. LOL
Spartacus pinball . . . I'd pay the flipper MOPLE price for an LE Spartacus. What a great show that was.

Yea, spartacus kicks ass. I havn't seen the last 2 episodes yet, i know this is the final end all. Going to suck when it's all done.

#706 10 years ago

Yea, spartacus kicks ass. I havn't seen the last 2 episodes yet, i know this is the final end all. Going to suck when it's all done.

truly great series!

I enjoyed this final season, but I have to say, I miss some of the GREAT characters from the early seasons
Lucretia
Batiatus

I also think there were more hotties in that first season...

spartacuscharacters.jpgspartacuscharacters.jpg

#707 10 years ago

and the first and 2nd seasons moved faster with more action. Being out of the arena element seemed to really tone things down and slow it down. Still great series, but season 1 and 2 were fantastic.

#708 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

You're way off on this one. I had to pay full MSRP to get an LE, so wait, are the dealers douchebags that just want to get the most out of their investments? If the #'s weren't limited and I could get the usual deal on my MOPLE, then yeah, I wouldn't give a shit how many #'s are made. But since I had to pay more of my hard earned money to buy one, I would like it to remain limited because that's why I paid more in the first place. You can't change that now.
I know your post was just a way of stirring the shit pot though.

Yeah, I was just stirring up the crowd. I need to stop that...but seriously...

Do the premium and the LE play the same? Have the same playfield? Which is the one without the hammer? Because that is the one they shouldn't even be making. Selling a version with hopped up graphics for the Fancy-Lads is ok by me, but putting out a dumbed down version of the playfield is just plain horse manure! How about a CV without a Ringmaster? Let's make a MM, but the trolls are only available on the plutonium version! Make the game the best it can be and then release it that way.

If the Fancy's want an LE, then give them a different backglass with a shot of the band getting haircuts or something, but for cheese sake, leave the playfield in tact for all versions!

#709 10 years ago

Was just sent this from Stern. I know it doesn't help anyone feel settled, but
gives a little info.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130418-911084.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

#710 10 years ago

I'm betting that in the end the "Dirty Donny" version is going to be the one you want (value-wise)...

#711 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Was just sent this from Stern. I know it doesn't help anyone feel settled, but
gives a little info.
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130418-911084.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

That's just the standard press release they blasted to all the news sites.

#712 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

truly great series!
I enjoyed this final season, but I have to say, I miss some of the GREAT characters from the early seasons
Lucretia
Batiatus
I also think there were more hotties in that first season...

Agreed on all accounts.

I think Asher was one of the greatest villians in any television show in history (a very bold statement, I know). Loved him in seasons 1 and 2 and the prequel season. It is a shame he didn't live to season 3 but I think the director was like . . . "there is literally nothing in the world we can do to make this guy more despicable and loathed by the audience then he has already done . . .". LOL

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and the first and 2nd seasons moved faster with more action. Being out of the arena element seemed to really tone things down and slow it down. Still great series, but season 1 and 2 were fantastic.

The last episode is pretty awesome...

#715 10 years ago

The wheels really fell off of this thread!

#716 10 years ago

only took 500 posts for people to get sick of talking about it.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed on all accounts.
I think Asher was one of the greatest villians in any television show in history (a very bold statement, I know). Loved him in seasons 1 and 2 and the prequel season. It is a shame he didn't live to season 3 but I think the director was like . . . "there is literally nothing in the world we can do to make this guy more despicable and loathed by the audience then he has already done . . .". LOL

So for someone who hasnt seen any Spartacus, given the death of the lead actor from season one(?) and the adjustment of the series, in what order should one watch the seasons?

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So for someone who hasnt seen any Spartacus, given the death of the lead actor from season one(?) and the adjustment of the series, in what order should one watch the seasons?

From the beginning...one of the best series ever!

#719 10 years ago

the death of the main actor didn't make that much change in the show. They did a great casting job on replacing him. Season 2 is a prequel season. Very well done and a good setup for 3 for return of some characters.

#720 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I'd go with the order of release. Season One; Prequel Season; Season Two; Season Three. Each one of the seasons is truly a full stand alone story but that is easily the best order to watch them in.

I think my wife would leave me for Gannicus from that show given the opportunity. Ha!

#721 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the death of the main actor didn't make that much change in the show. They did a great casting job on replacing him. Season 2 is a prequel season. Very well done and a good setup for 3 for return of some characters.

It took me a little while during Season Two (not the six episode prequel season but the full season two) to get use to the new actor playing Spartacus. It wasn't till the midway point till I think he really got the role. By the end of Season Three though he was Spartacus.

I liked the ending nod they gave to the original actor in the final credits though; was a very touching moment.

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd go with the order of release. Season One; Prequel Season; Season Two; Season Three. Each one of the seasons is truly a full stand alone story but that is easily the best order to watch them in.
I think my wife would leave me for Gannicus from that show given the opportunity. Ha!

Lol... Gannicus!!

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It took me a little while during Season Two (not the six episode prequel season but the full season two) to get use to the new actor playing Spartacus. It wasn't till the midway point till I think he really got the role. By the end of Season Three though he was Spartacus.
I liked the ending nod they gave to the original actor in the final credits though; was a very touching moment.

Me too. First guy was pretty good.

#724 10 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The wheels really fell off of this thread!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

only took 500 posts for people to get sick of talking about it.

The release of the new premium model immediately calmed all tensions and now we are all friends again. Yes Stern, that premium artwork for the original premium was sooooooo bad it caused all the arguing you saw in this thread.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#725 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just added Starz.....hope they do a marathon this weekend......

#726 10 years ago
Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Do the premium and the LE play the same? Have the same playfield?

YES. Always. Premium playfield & features ALWAYS the same as LE. LE just has different cabinet cosmetics.

Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Which is the one without the hammer?

Pro. Pro is the less expensive model for operators or people who just want a pinball and would rather pay less than have the extra features.

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just added Starz.....hope they do a marathon this weekend......

If you added Starz and have cable (not dish) you should be able to watch the entire season now (and for the next week or two) on the Premium On Demand network. If you added Startz the Premium channel for it on On Demand is free and has all of the last two seasons.

#728 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you added Starz and have cable (not dish) you should be able to watch the entire season now (and for the next week or two) on the Premium On Demand network. If you added Startz the Premium channel for it on On Demand is free and has all of the last two seasons.

Seriously? I have cable, gonna start it tomorrow......

#729 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously? I have cable, gonna start it tomorrow......

Yep; you can't DVR it that way though; the one draw back. Watch em up for free before they are gone and make you buy or rent the DVDs.

#730 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

So, let me get this thread right. A first time poster, QuantumLeap, claims he got screwed. Mob mentality takes over. People feel harmed. The ambulance chasers come to the rescue even though none of them are litigators (BTW, there is no case against Stern here - a very weak one potentially against a distributor or two, but only if they cashed your check). QuantumLeap never comments again (he accomplished his goal 300 comments ago). The Mob, apparently, will drop their case against distributors/Stern if Stern ups the number of LE's to "everybody who wants one can have one now." Is that right? I am just trying to get caught up.
Where were all of you when I called 8 distributors looking for a HULK LE just 16 minutes after the photos were released? I had to go with Blue. Oh well, I wanted the game and got it in blue. Same deal with AC/DC. I have a premium and love it. I bought TRON LE for $5400, Avatar LE for $4800 and TF Decepticon for under $5K. I recently saw a Hulk for $5800 NIB. Just be calm. Some flippers will get desperate and sell. Some may actually go for less than $7200.

I like the blue much better.

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I like the blue much better.

Me too, but that is because I personally like Captain America more, and the Hulk LE is not team centered.

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My wife gets juicy for Gannicus as well.

#733 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Stern was laughing last week - Jack is laughing this week.

It has helped with some money coming over for The Hobbit. I sold two this week after two very slow weeks.

#734 10 years ago

700 and blah blah posts later, nothing solved. Five or six people posted they got hosed, and...wait, Stern posted more Premium pics! Everybody look over there!

distraction.jpgdistraction.jpg

#736 10 years ago

The simple solution is to discontinue the Limited Editions and start making Unlimited Editions, also known as Premiums, just make the artwork the same. Problem solved, your welcome, no charge............

#737 10 years ago

Solution for who? I reckon Stern are pretty happy with all this hoo ha. I don't like it but I can't halp but be impressed with Stern's business strategies over the last few years. I'm sure they don't care if the customers are happy so long as they keep buying.

#738 10 years ago

I don't see a solution yet.

And I'm one of the hosed ones.

#739 10 years ago

All you whiners on this thread has caused me to rethink my LE purchase. Because of this I'm just going to flip it and pocket a bunch of cash and buy a premium. I already have an offer for $10k for my LE. It's sold as soon as I get it.

#740 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All you whiners on this thread has caused me to rethink my LE purchase. Because of this I'm just going to flip it and pocket a bunch of cash and buy a premium. I already have an offer for $10k for my LE. It's sold as soon as I get it.

People may not believe it, but I have an open offer for $9500 for mine. It's tempting, but the MOPLE art is awesome and less "fruity".

#741 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I would expect this will happen lots

#742 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I don't see a solution yet.
And I'm one of the hosed ones.

Solution is simple IMHO. Stop supporting Stern and the LE model.

Problem is it will never happen in the near future and pinball is booming and a bunch of folks are throwing $$$$ at STERN for a LE that they have not even seen a video of, nor do they have a contact of what features will be in the game.

I somewhat hope that MOPLE sucks when it comes out and the price plummets. I would feel bad for everyone that wanted an awesome game of their favorite band. I would think it is pretty funny for the flippers that hopefully get burned holding a game too long and the speculators that had planned to sell it NIB next year for 3k more. In the long term, maybe another 'TFLE' would teach a few people to stop tossing your $$$ at an unfinished product.

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Want to take a big gamble on it? If it's a really good game it could hit $10-$12 NIB due to it's scarcity in the US.

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

If it's a really good game

Yup.. IF.

THIS is the only criteria I'll be using to buy a pinball machine... becuase...you know... I like to play pinball. I'm not an art collector.

I GET that means I'll never know the sweet joy of pre-ordering an LE model, pinball machine sight-unseen/unplayed.

I can live with that.

I can always to to the local plaque store and have my own made up later... for $2.

#745 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Want to take a big gamble on it? If it's a really good game it could hit $10-$12 NIB due to it's scarcity in the US.

Nah as the premium comes out and is readily available I don't see why the LE would go much over $10k. In the end ill have a premium for about $3700.

#746 10 years ago

Again! There is no problem they made premiums with all the same game play. Sheesh!

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I bet you get a lot of sh*t for posting this, but honestly, who the hell could blame you? If someone is stupid enough to offer you $10k for a pin that they have never played, and haven't even seen a video of, I'd take that money and buy the Premium as well. You are the smart one in that scenario, the buyer is the dumb one.

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bet you get a lot of sh*t for posting this, but honestly, who the hell could blame you? If someone is stupid enough to offer you $10k for a pin that they have never played, and haven't even seen a video of, I'd take that money and buy the Premium as well. You are the smart one in that scenario, the buyer is the dumb one.

I agree pretty sure some flippers are offering these up at less no ?

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

People may not believe it, but I have an open offer for $9500 for mine. It's tempting, but the MOPLE art is awesome and less "fruity".

I'd probably sell mine in a heartbeat for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.