(Topic ID: 47562)

Stern Sucks------DIRTY Deeds Done on Metallica!

By Quantumleap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
distraction.jpg
spartacuscharacters.jpg
Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg
duck1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
metclub_info_photo_2013.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_8.00.58_PM.png
monkey-nose-picking.gif
Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_7.07.25_PM.png
The_End_is_Near.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 11 years ago

Landed a Metallica MMOP and stoked. Just found out that the distributors have been cut back a second time due to Gary wanting to send more machines to Europe. So now No MMOP even with a deposit. Check your orders with you dealers. You win Stern. Your self centered business attitude lost you a customer forever. Doesn't matter anyway. They will crank out the premiums until the value is gone and screw their own dealers for a few bucks.

#2 11 years ago

Heard about that last night. That sucks man. Sorry to hear about it.

#3 11 years ago

Whom did you purchase from?

#4 11 years ago

That really blows. They really should have separate numbers for usa and European sales. 300 on each side or something.

#5 11 years ago

Interesting wonder if there is any truth to people losing their pre-orders was hearing rumors of this .

#6 11 years ago

I have been through these rumors before... Don't want to attack a new person but first post and all... who knows where he got the game, if he got the game. So I am going with the world is fine, else I will have a good chunk of money in my bank account and I'll try again on the next one.

#7 11 years ago

It is true.

#8 11 years ago

Well you certainly have a reputation that I trust - so dang - time to hassle the distributor again

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Quantumleap:

Landed a Metallica MMOP and stoked. Just found out that the distributors have been cut back a second time due to Gary wanting to send more machines to Europe. So now No MMOP even with a deposit. Check your orders with you dealers. You win Stern. Your self centered business attitude lost you a customer forever. Doesn't matter anyway. They will crank out the premiums until the value is gone and screw their own dealers for a few bucks.

Welcome to Pinside and sucks about your situation, sorry to hear

#10 11 years ago

BULLSIT!!!

I am sure its your dealers fault,he is bullsiting you!

#12 11 years ago

I know GEX got their original allotment cut in half. Kye said nothing to me about not
being able to fill their preorders, also they are still battling with stern to get all the machines
originally promised to them (those went to Europe)

#13 11 years ago

I realize i'm pouring kerosene on the fire by asking... But wasn't stuff like this involving LOTR LE among the reasons behind the falling out between Jack and Gary? Or am I misinformed (seriously asking... Not sarcasm.)?

#14 11 years ago

I could see lots of distros sending out a line of BS about ' sorry I did not get as many as I was promised form Stern' and then selling the ones they have for the higher markup they seem to be getting already.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I know GEX got their original allotment cut in half. Kye said nothing to me about not
being able to fill their preorders, also they are still battling with stern to get the machines
originally promised to them.

It sounds like an absolute mess. How can Stern feel it is ok to jerk around the distributors that have been the most consistent in their orders for new games? Also, why would Europe have the priority for a large quantity of this game if they did not order that many of previous titles?

#16 11 years ago

I love this add that came out on mr pinball this morning....

"Metallica Master of Puppets Le, 2013 Stern: 9000
Selling my pre-order of this machine, made a spontaneous purchase but can't really afford it right now. Cash only. Machines releases in may/June"

He can't afford it? Spontaneous purchase? $9000?

#17 11 years ago

Dealers over sold thinking they could get what ever they wanted from Stern. MOP has taken sales to a new level never seen before .

Sorry to those that thought they had one.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could see lots of distros sending out a line of BS about ' sorry I did not get as many as I was promised form Stern' and then selling the ones they have for the higher markup they seem to be getting already

That is not happening

#19 11 years ago

Stern needs to up the number of LE's. It's the only way I can see this working. ALL distribs are fighting for stock right now.. resellers like myself are left in limbo, with pre-order clients getting pissed off. I've worked hard for my reputation as a reseller, it's disheartening to have Stern destroy what I've worked for.

#20 11 years ago

It could very well be happening, but I am glad Jim already knows how EVERY distro operates their business (insert eye rolling emoticon).

I would hope that si what is going on. Easier to understand a few shady distros. Much harder to stomach a crappy move by Stern.

Seems liek the perfect time for Stern to realize they can easily increase their bottom dollar and mainly make customers happy by doing something really simple >>> REALSE A SECOND LE VERSION. Drop a new translight into the LE version and call it something else. Automatic 300 more game sold and a win/win/win.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Stern needs to up the number of LE's.

Exactly make the run 750 or 1000 now!

#22 11 years ago

that sucks!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems liek the perfect time for Stern to realize they can easily increase their bottom dollar and mainly make customers happy by doing something really simple >>> REALSE A SECOND LE VERSION. Drop a new translight into the LE version and call it something else. Automatic 300 more game sold and a win/win/win.

Or drop the Pro/Premium/LE bullshit and just release a single version like was done with great success for DECADES.

Enough already!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Or drop the Pro/Premium/LE bullshit and just release a single version like was done with great success for DECADES.
Enough already!

Stop making sense! Plus they would lose out on the BS fear and greed that takes over in this sort of situation. And you can't have that!

#25 11 years ago

Mr McCune we regret to inform you that your MOPle has not made it. It is with a heavy heart we say we are sorry.

Gary Stern

#26 11 years ago

Uh-Oh.....I think I feel sick! LOL!

Quoted from pinball_customs:Stern needs to up the number of LE's. It's the only way I can see this working. ALL distribs are fighting for stock right now.. resellers like myself are left in limbo, with pre-order clients getting pissed off. I've worked hard for my reputation as a reseller, it's disheartening to have Stern destroy what I've worked for.

Uh-Oh.....I think I feel sick! LOL!

#27 11 years ago

Why CAN'T they just say there will be 1000 LE's? I can't see that making the value go down? Is someone gonna drop out because there will be 1000?

#28 11 years ago

I sent JJ a link to this thread to try to find out what's going on. Hopefully he will update us soon. I'm going to be pretty bummed if I'm out of getting an LE now.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could see lots of distros sending out a line of BS about ' sorry I did not get as many as I was promised form Stern' and then selling the ones they have for the higher markup they seem to be getting already.

Quoted from McCune:

That is not happening

After the two and half hours I spent on the phone with various distributors yesterday chasing down leads (and even more time texting last night) I can personally assure you that is exactly what is happening...not with every distributor but certainly with some of them. I'm not going to call any distributor out by name because this hobby is so small and I may need them later for something but there was more than one that had some shady crap going on to jack the price up way over the MSRP before the game is even released to them.

I don't know if what they were doing was a violation of Stern's policies (Stern may not care) but it certainly should be.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Uh-Oh.....I think I feel sick! LOL!!

Well.. this affects ALL customers, not just Starburst or their resellers. I'm sure Stern's phones are ringing off the hook daily

#31 11 years ago

Wow!...who would of thought that there would be a time where we are fighting and cheating because there are not enough machines made!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Mr McCune we regret to inform you that your MOPle has not made it. It is with a heavy heart we say we are sorry.

Gary Stern

Could happen , I hope not .

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

After the two and half hours I spent on the phone with various distributors yesterday chasing down leads (and even more time texting last night) I can personally assure you that is exactly what is happening...not with every distributor but certainly with some of them. I'm not going to call any distributor out by name because this hobby is so small and I may need them later for something but there was more than one that had some shady crap going on to jack the price up way over the MSRP before the game is even released to them.
I don't know if what they were doing was a violation of Stern's policies (Stern may not care) but it certainly should be.

I think the distributors should be called out. At least we should compile a list of the particular details of the pre-orders that fell through and which distributors were involved. We may see a pattern in it.

I know that Automated had some on Ebay the night of the pre-order and those quickly disappeared and then they had more listed for a much higher price within 36 hours.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why CAN'T they just say there will be 1000 LE's? I can't see that making the value go down? Is someone gonna drop out because there will be 1000?

Yes. 1000 LEs is a deal breaker for me. That's no longer rare. There are less iron mans than that.

This is why they are making premiums. It solves this exact problem.

#35 11 years ago

I dont understand why you would shift already sold pre-orders across the ocean. How does that make sense? Who cares what continent these games go to if they are already sold?

#36 11 years ago

Yeah, let's find out who the bad guys are! We'll show them! Boycott! Burn at the stake!! er, until Star Trek comes out...THEN we all hop back on that train...

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is why they are making premiums. It solves this exact problem.

Got ya.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the distributors should be called out. At least we should compile a list of the particular details of the pre-orders that fell through and which distributors were involved. We may see a pattern in it.
I know that Automated had some on Ebay the night of the pre-order and those quickly disappeared and then they had more listed for a much higher price within 36 hours.

Just to be clear, no one canceled my order. I didn't get an order in on that first day and I was locked out. I was trying to call around yesterday and find a distributor that still had an allotment and was following leads various pinsiders were posting to me.

#39 11 years ago

JJ is out of the country right now.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It could very well be happening, but I am glad Jim already knows how EVERY distro operates their business (insert eye rolling emoticon).

I did not say I know more ,but I have already had this discussion with some other guys and they did not believe that was happening.

Anyways , the sharks and pimps are out in full force to capitalize on the ones that did not get a game from a distributor.

I think ,I have two games on there way ,the same way I bought two Bible ( Randy and I ) and you guys have not seen me or Randy sell either of those games and MOP will be here to stay unless it sucks which I seriously doubt !

Jim

#41 11 years ago

At least if they do cut back they should pull the one where people bought multiples just to flip them or sit on them. Give people at least a shot at one. Not a good idea by Stern for sure!

#42 11 years ago

How do they KNOW what anyone is doing with them?
There are people here who get together and order more than one for a group...

#43 11 years ago

GEX is able to honor all of their LEs sold. They did not oversell. Talked to Rich this morning.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

JJ is out of the country right now.

He's still available via email though.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

GEX is able to honor all of their LEs sold. They did not oversell. Talked to Rich this morning.

Sweet, that's great to hear.

#46 11 years ago

Stern should make as many as they agreed to sell. It seems as simple as that. If distributors oversold their allocation, that's another issue.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Thats good to hear as i pointed several of my friends who are 1st timers towards them. I would have normally steered people towards Trent but he was playing at Papa that day.

I hope everyone gets one.

#48 11 years ago

Distributors can/should only sell what they are promised...right?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Thanks for posting now he does not have to get another is my order really ok e-mail. Did his allotment get slashed pre or post frenzy (if asked)

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Thanks for posting now he does not have to get another is my order really ok e-mail. Did his allotment get slashed pre or post frenzy (if asked)

He indicated to me that he knew his number on Tuesday, was allotted a few more on Wednesday, and that number remained unchanged.

Sounds like the total # of LEs ended at 500, with 260 domestic sales and 240 going overseas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.50
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-deeds-done-on-metallica/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.