2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Chitownpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

flav (resized).jpg
3518B9FB-ACFA-4D62-9414-5B882A1490F8 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
g1344545798498673827 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Just remember folks- they aren't protesting the national anthem. They are protesting the failure of our country to provide equal protection under the law among other things. Also the players never used to stand for the anthem at all. It started less than 10 years ago when the military started sponsoring the NFL to appeal to its fans... after we were already in a crappy, unpopular, never ending war.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Just remember folks- they aren't protesting the national anthem. They are protesting the failure of our country to provide equal protection under the law among other things. Also the players never used to stand for the anthem at all. It started less than 10 years ago when the military started sponsoring the NFL to appeal to its fans... after we were already in a crappy, unpopular, never ending war.

Thank you.

#53 2 years ago

Sorry Chitown, this isn't a 1st amendment issue. The government isn't limiting free speech, although many in the government have expressed their opinions on it.

Speech can be limited as a term of employment or contractually.

I understand the underlying issues the players are protesting, and I also understand the response they are getting for the venue they chose.

It's too bad the energy is being spent on on the controversy itself and not on the topic for which they were trying raising awareness.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think it's silly for these players to kneel and cry racism. They are in the top 1%. They have fans of all colors that wear their jersey. They have fans of all colors who would love to get a picture and autograph.
The NFL needs to realize that people watch sports to get away from politics.

The eighties and nineties were so much more fun, except for the decline of Bally/Williams in nineties. I watched pinball fade from arcades in 93-95

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Wait, don't you live in Maine? Or is that another Dooksie?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

And political thread is kill in 3...2...

1... 0.

Sorry guys, but I don't see how we can keep this thread open without politics being involved. (and believe it or not, I heard about this in France!)

OP gave some info, do what you want with it... but keep the political discussion out of Pinside.

Thanks for your understanding.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Sorry Chitown, this isn't a 1st amendment issue. The government isn't limiting free speech, although many in the government have expressed their opinions on it.
Speech can be limited as a term of employment or contractually.
I understand the underlying issues the players are protesting, and I also understand the response they are getting for the venue they chose.
It's too bad the energy is being spent on on the controversy itself and not on the topic for which they were trying raising awareness.

Uhhh what? The OWNERS were out there with them. Owners. The people that employ them. I confused.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 5,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 149.00
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 209.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 254.99
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.95
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside