Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87069807_3089970921013229_1789687072374652928_n (resized).jpg
    thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg
    3e89ea1787221e66e010a710c4ed97d50d26de9d (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault-1 (resized).jpg
    images-7 (resized).jpeg
    whine (resized).jpg
    EA0A33D3-01A9-484C-B12E-E2AA514CA7CE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

TERRIBLE IDEA
    Targeting the end of the market that has infinite funds at the expense of the average enthusiast that can only stomach 5-10k in pin budget a year is a terrible long term strategy. Short term it could provide higher returns but it will gradually shrink the market and when those high end buyers move on to a different hobby they will be left wondering what happened. Stern should figure out how to make the best quality/most fun games at the lowest possible cost. That should always be the goal.
    They need to focus on the parts of a pinball machine that don’t directly go up in cost as quality improves.
    - layout
    - art
    - code
    - lighting
    There are an infinite number of untapped possibilities just with the above, you don’t need expensive and unreliable mechanics to Make pinball interesting deep or fun.
    I am also a big fan of the idea of modular upgrades. If I buy a pro I should be able to eventually piece by piece upgrade to a premium (minus art) - though it may cost me a little more.
    Things like toppers are a good way for them to squeeze dollars out of the top end of the market without fucking over the rest of us.

Agreed thoose things just gets cheaper and cheaper. But honestly, how much does mechs cost?
    I would be seriously surprised if stern bom for a spinning pizza is more then 50$.
    Add five more items like that and your game should only go up a 500$ tops and people would call it woz-loaded.

The reason thoose five mechs isn"t added, is simply laziness and they dont need to, cause the game sells anyway.

I'm really looking forward to the pinball future. More companies, more competition and no more souless barren games.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Good point... Dialed in is pretty awesome though.
    Theme kind of sucks the life out of it, if the theme was cooler it would have been an all time great game.

The problem with dialed is the theme is terrible, besides the disaster voices poorly executed. There is no fun point or prize completing stuff.
    The scoring which is left, due to lack of interesting story progression, is so unbalanced, you end up doing just one thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/direction-of-stern-2021?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.