2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LORDDREK
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F0112794-D0DC-4FA5-B86B-8D2E02118B24 (resized).jpeg
    A1DA9ABA-DEDD-483E-8B80-B191605EC873 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Awesome! I am a big fan of RPGs - so much so that I have built an RPG pinball as well (Quest for Glory - which has a thread here on Pinside if you'd like to see some of the ideas and how I handled their implementation. Many things you've mentioned are quite different and more traditional than my approach, but I suspect that many things will be very similar).

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Would it’s exclusion be of great detriment to a modern pinball design?

In my project, I included a couple of small multiball rewards as you progress through the game. These are a nice reward or surprise, but including in the general flow of my game did not work. My opinion is that changing commonly accepted features is fine if it's what you prefer or if it matches the expectations of the player based on the game flow.

Best of luck on your project!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dire-quest-rpg-pinball?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.