• Latest reply 6 years ago by Lambecka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aDipsy-Doodle-Work-02 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

After playing score reels resets to zero, but motor keeps running and playing again is not possible.
Unlatch reset relay by hand and can play again

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Did you check the switches on the reset relay? Looks like the M/B and/or the NO C switch could be causing that. Also Index C on the SM. Manual/schematic here if you don't have them: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=683

Checked switches on the reser relais, this relais is energized after play
After play score reels 1 and 2 goes two zero normal speed. But reel 3 and 4 very slow almost stops

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These need to be taken apart and cleaned if not moving freely.

Ok understand maybe need to,be cleaned , but its more like if htey have power enough and still when everything is on zero motor keeps running.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right. That is a separate issue apart from the score motor running. Did you check the coin door switches?

No coinswitsches installed anymore , machine is on freeplay

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Okay well I would read up on the Williams start up sequence on pinrepair.com and check each step of the process.

Ok, its almost midnight overhere, thanks so far , wil check and continue tomorrow

#13 6 years ago

Howard,
Checked the rel you mentioned and they all work fine exept the reset rel. After each game the machine perfect resets all score reels to zero, but motor keeps running because the reset rel is still energized. Switch the power to off and on and motor stops and machine is ready for new game.
Also checked SM switches as mentioned by curry dog and works fine

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Lambecka, Howard +
I read (did I ?) "Lambecka preys the Reset-Relay open when the Score-Reels are resetted --- the Motor stops turning and Lambecka can play". See the JPG - the rosa/pink question-marks --- either one (or more) of the "16 Drum Units Zero Pos Break Switches" does NOT open when reaching Position-Zero (one possible cause of the fault) --- OR / other possible cause of the fault: The part of the switch (my rosa/pink short lines) to OPEN when the turning motor reaches Home-Position --- this part of SCM-IND-C does NOT open.
Lets find out - toggle-off the pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) --- the INDEX-Wheel / Cam on the Score-Motor is the one closest to the "real motor" --- count top down the switch-blades there - one, two, three - four --- put a lace around the fourth blade --- when You pull (in the pin) upwards: You lift the blade and You make the switch to open.
Have the lace ready - plug-in, toggle on, start a game --- when the Score-Drums are resetted: YOU PULL-UP on the lace for about 10 seconds --- big question: (AAA) the motor stops ? - or (BBB) the motor keeps on running.
When You have "AAA": You must adjust this switch.
When You have "BBB": You must (again) inspect the switches on the 16 Score-Drums.
Write about.
From Your description in post-13 I believe: You also have an minor fault / slumbering fault with the Game-Over-Relay --- I would like to have a look at this - after You could fix the "real / nasty" fault. Greetings Rolf

Rolf
Bingo you right followed your scheme and finally found one of the switches of the score reels not fully open. Very difficult to see and despite a cleaning job stil let some power thru.

Rolf and all,others many thanks helping me out and for all the info given.
Albert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dipsy-doodle-williams-motor-keeps-running?tu=Lambecka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.