View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

What is the correct coil for the 500 unit ? The machine is Ding Dong. (The smaller of the 2 seen in the photo) It was disabled by the previous owner and appears to be a hack. It immediately blows the fuse when the ball goes over the horseshoe rollover. My meter indicates 29 volts going to that coil. Current coil is a 3b 7045, 0.1 ohms

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

#3 7 years ago

I think I figured it out. Bad coil. Not much resistance on existing coil. Times like this I wished I had a bunch of used parts. Hooked up a Bally Coil of similar size. Meter read .49 ohms. It drew amps and didn't blow the fuse. Just need to order a new coil.

#4 7 years ago

I read the title and thought it was a personal issue for the OP.

#5 7 years ago

I get it!

#6 7 years ago

Sorry man. Just thought the title of this thread was too funny!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I read the title and thought it was a personal issue for the OP.

LMAO

#8 7 years ago

That is pretty funny. Some problems just can't be solved here.

I do like the Fluke though. I've had mine for years now.

#9 7 years ago

"We're familiar with it"

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Diagnosed and fixed. Getting better at this! Odd thing is, if you cross the wires at this coil. The ball return doesn't work but this coil pulls in. If you remove this coil, the ball return doesn't work. Forgot to Ohm out the new coil. Curious to what it would of ohmed out to. Ding Dong is almost fully shopped. First time I ever had a shorted coil issue.
Sorry about the original title thread, it was funny. Wasn't trying to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ding-dong-short and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.