Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 103 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

diner_(resized).jpg
Babs_(resized).jpg
100_(resized).jpg
99.00_(resized).jpg
96.00_(resized).jpg
92.00_(resized).jpg
91.50_(resized).jpg
91.25_(resized).jpg
91.00_(resized).jpg
90.00_(resized).jpg
89.00_(resized).jpg
87.00_(resized).jpg
86.00_(resized).jpg
85.00_(resized).jpg
84.00_(resized).jpg
83.00_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

What on earth could someone have to say about this that is anything but positive?

Some people, like myself, feel that clearcoating and polishing the back of the game is taking things to an absurd level.

My *personal* opinion is that this game is way, way over the top with the chrome everything and polished clearcoat cabinet and that it kind of defeats the spirit of the game by transforming a functional commercial machine into a display object that many would be hesitant to even play. Sort of the pinball equivalent of a "trailer queen," a show car that is only rolled on and off a trailer at car shows and is never actually driven. I prefer HEP restorations that bring games back to new as though they were coming fresh out of a box, but don't go overboard into clown puke LEDs, light-up everything, playfields full of plastic toys and crazy toppers.

Normally I wouldn't say so in a thread like this in the spirit of keeping needless negativity down, but since you asked I thought I would answer.

2 months later
#72 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

As the owner of "Pinball Art Prints", your criticisms are a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. You don't like the "trailer queen" restorations, but you sell prints of artistic interpretations of pinball.

But posters are meant to be art objects. Your argument doesn't make any sense, posters aren't pinball games.

Frankly, I fail to see what productive result your commentary leads to other than waving some arbitrary flag that says your opinion is meaningful in this thread.

Like I said in the post, the only reason I commented was to answer the question. Otherwise I would have just looked, rolled my eyes and moved on.

3 weeks later
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Yeah, you should have stuck with that.

Thanks for coming in a month later to make a useless comment. At least I answered a question.

1 month later
#80 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Bitch bitch bitch. Man, you must be a hoot at parties.

Another month later response? Are you going through old posts to find shit to bitch about? Who's worse?

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I have a Diner and admire the OP's work there Nancy. Quit your childish crying already.

Why bring back a dead thread to call someone out, unless you're the one being childish? An adult would let it go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside