I’ve gone through everything over the last few days, and have come across a few dumb issues that I’ve had to correct, but other than that it’s nearly 100%!
I have to replace a few switches, one coil, and recap the power board. From the shape this thing was in originally, that’s not too terribly bad. I’m waiting on several orders, but might just have this thing done by the weekend.
One fascinating, but frustrating issue has to do with the mpu - there was definitely a pile of acid damage. It looks like it was stood up on its back when they leaked, so there is definitely a radius of damaged chips. I’ve ordered new everything to replace all of the components with acid damage, but still waiting on delivery. Anyway - after replacing a few pia’s in the path, I plugged it into the diner, and I’m still getting a pia 42 error code, and it’s not booting. I put the diner board in my taxi, and the taxi board in the diner, and both boards work just fine, but the diner won’t work in the diner cab yet. I’d leave it that way, but the diner is a sys 11c, which means I’d be missing the voices in taxi. Music works fine, but the audio section isn’t populated. Anyway, it’s fine for now, and I’m fairly certain I’ll have it figured out not too far into the future.
Overall, I expected this part to take much longer, but it’s nice to be wrong about that.
58ACD992-CA04-4A80-BA27-97A1D4CE5C04 (resized).jpeg933E86C3-593C-4270-96AC-35515A852D6D (resized).jpeg