Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chriswhitey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Looking to add one of these to my collection and wanted some opinions as which is better. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Add a poll. Basically comes down to which one you like playing more.
I have a Diner and want a Taxi as well. I like playing them both the same.

#4 4 years ago

They are both such similar games. I like the music of Taxi more but I really like how Diner looks! Diner is such a beautiful looking game...

#5 4 years ago

Diner for sure. It's taxi, but better...

#6 4 years ago

Taxi's a great game! Haven't had the chance to own a Diner yet but hopefully soon I'll get one..

#7 4 years ago

Just added a Diner and I've fallen in love with it. Taxi is a great game too but Diner wins for looks and slightly better gameplay.

#8 4 years ago

I like Taxi personally. I played a bunch of games on a Diner at Zapcon and just couldn't get into it much.

#9 4 years ago

Had these side by side for awhile. Diner is fun, one of the best looking games ever, great theme integration. But if gameplay is your thing, Taxi wins by a large margin IMO. And it's cheaper to boot.

#10 4 years ago

I go Taxi, currently own both. Diner is a fantastic game.. but Taxi's crossed ramps feed opposite flippers, if you're locked in on the left ramp on Diner, it can get old since it's not incredibly tight. The diner jackpot makes more sense, and the backbox clock is really sweet. But Taxi is the better game to me, you can adjust the rules to fix the Taxi jackpot.

#11 4 years ago

Haven't played a bunch of Diner, but I own a Taxi, so... there ya go.

#12 4 years ago

I own both as well. It's a really a tough call. Diner allows you all 3 balls to complete the objective to serve all 5 people. Taxi, you have 1 ball to pick up all 5 passengers....if it drains, you start over. To me, it just adds intensity to the game.

I personally still find myself playing Taxi more. I love the music and the callouts in Taxi.

IMO, the skill shot is more challenging and rewarding in Taxi.

I'm voting Taxi.....less expensive....and just as fun

#13 4 years ago

Taxi taxi taxi, ooooh taxi, give gorbie ride, ho ho ho million quick to
The expresway

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Diner for sure. It's taxi, but better...

Exactly this!

#15 4 years ago

I have owned both but not at the same time. I wish I owned them both and I could put them side by side. They are so similar that they would be awesome next to each other. If I had to pick one, I think I would have to go with Diner. I love Taxi and it's a classic, but Diner just has a little bit more flair and a little bit more going on.

#16 4 years ago

Can't beat the Express Lane, Million & Jackpot shots in Taxi thought. Very lucrative & extremely satisfying.

#17 4 years ago

Is there an echo in the room

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Is there an echo in the room

I caught this as well! I'm assuming it was accidental?

#19 4 years ago

Well I"m an unabashed Taxi fan and owner so that's my vote. Despite the relatively simple ruleset, the fast unpredictable action, dual ramp shots and speed/intensity really make it a complete game. The music doesn't get annoying and the call-outs are classic. I've been playing it since it was new (over 25 years) and it just never gets old to me!!

#20 4 years ago

You only need one of these threads. Let this one die and nurture this one http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-or-taxi

#21 4 years ago

Thanks for your opinion TunaSled. I tried but says page not found.

#24 4 years ago

Wasn't impressed with Diner as I had hoped when playing it on location,but it is a beautiful looking pin.
Hoping Taxi has better layout as I've yet to play it and game play is more important to me than looks.

#25 4 years ago

Hey PNCPin,

I'm hunting for Taxi too - I know where you can get a Diner - you find me a Taxi and we'll trade contacts!!

#26 4 years ago

Both

#27 4 years ago

Taxi all the way

#28 4 years ago

This wouldn't be too awful of a drive for you: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pennsylvania-diner-and-fishtales

Have seen and played this Diner and it is in fantastic shape. The side of the cabinet is in bad shape, but even that wouldn't be a deal killer compared to how nice the playfield is.

Alex is a good guy too, and asking a very fair price.

#29 4 years ago

My .01 cents: Diner. No love lost for Taxi either, just have personaly played it soooo much maybe im burned out on Gorbi? Either/or... Both great pins!~SpOoKy

#30 4 years ago

Taxi. No question

#31 4 years ago

Diner

Quoted from lordnorth:

This wouldn't be too awful of a drive for you: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pennsylvania-diner-and-fishtales
Have seen and played this Diner and it is in fantastic shape. The side of the cabinet is in bad shape, but even that wouldn't be a deal killer compared to how nice the playfield is.
Alex is a good guy too, and asking a very fair price.

Thanks for the bump on my FS thread lordnorth!

#32 4 years ago

Diner better looking better gameplay

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from PNCPIN:

Thanks for your opinion TunaSled. I tried but says page not found.

Mods must have killed it or merged it but you had 2 of these threads with different responses in each.

Still, Taxi

#34 4 years ago

Taxi, I really want to like Diner as much as I like Taxi but I can't get into it.

#36 4 years ago

I own both and can say with a fair amount of confidence that I believe Diner to be the better game. Much more solid of a game, and the games last longer. Taxi is brutally hard. Still great fun but if I had to let one go, I'd be keeping Diner.

#37 4 years ago

Both awesome pins! But after having 2 of each, Taxi is still here. For me Taxi is a better player, Diner looks better.

#38 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Diner. Anyone in the Midwest selling?

3 years later
#39 1 year ago

This question is alive.
So diff to make decision.

#40 1 year ago

Taxi is one of the most addictive and replayable pins out there. Both are great but Taxi is, well Taxi!

#41 1 year ago

Well, this thread is 3 years old and a quick peak at the op's stats indicates he went with Diner. And still has it. To each their own but I would still go with Taxi. A true classic pin imo. It is time for Taxi II.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Well, this thread is 3 years old and a quick peak at the op's stats indicates he went with Diner. And still has it. To each their own but I would still go with Taxi. A true classic pin imo. It is time for Taxi II.

Diner is Taxi II, IMO.

#43 1 year ago

Spin out ramp mould was made and could produce many more ramps. Other ramps made too, add DMD and code, you have a winner. Not everyone agrees though. Here is an old thread I started awhile back on the subject if interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-remakeany-system-11

#44 1 year ago

Another cost saving thing would be that the PF's were remade too, and could be re-run without all kinds of art work needing to be created. Hey, Gorbie is a little dated, but WTF, he was cool. The rest of the characters were timeless.

#45 1 year ago

Fwiw, I originally posted that Diner is better. Well after three years, I guess my mind changed. Diner left 18 mos ago and Taxi gets played all the time!

#46 1 year ago

I played both. First Taxi. Then was looking forward to playing Diner, and planning on potentially buying it when I did. Played Diner. Didn't like it.

#47 1 year ago

Diner and Taxi were designed too close in years. so many similarities; Being able to shoot the spinout and the dine time jackpot are two improvements over Taxi, everything else I prefer Taxi. A modern Taxi 2 could be much more than an incremental change/improvement over the original.

#48 1 year ago

Both are good games. I like 'em both. Diner seems more rare.............win/win situation either way.

3 months later
#49 1 year ago

Both good games, +1 here on TAXI.

All the games we've had over the years, for some reason TAxi always got the most plays... even now Its my go-to machine.
For some reason it NEVER gets old. Ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Augusta, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside