Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Diner or Mousin Around”

• Diner 25 votes
      47%
    • Mousin Around 28 votes
      53%

(53 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

Ive owned both.

Mousiin is cool with the ball eater traps and upper mouse hole. Love the center target and ramp.

Diner is killer too. Awesome ramps shots.

This one is honestly a crap shoot. Get the closer one.

EDIT: if you do go mousin, check on the ball eater traps functionality as well as whether theyre in good shape. Not sure they've been recreated yet.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Can you add a poll?

Mof about to rig the poll

3 weeks later
    #46 3 years ago
    Quoted from RichWolfson:

This was posted to a campus list today. I thought $3500 was a bit steep without pictures and I am suspect of any 1990 game that wasn't routed at first.
    ///Rich
    Classic Diner Pinball Machine by Williams.
    Condition: Very Good (Used)
    Year Built: 1990
    This is a vintage pinball machine. Classic diner game dishing out food to hungry patrons. Original machine, not a reproduction. Limited number of machines ever built.
    Never used in a commercial setting, this pinball machine has been in two private collections since its initial purchase.
    Original components. Some minor repairs needed. The up ramp needs to be fixed, a few light bulbs need to be replaced, and the big cup sensor needs to be repaired. Beyond that this is in fully working condition. Has mostly gone unused over the past 15 years.
    Original owner’s manual and wall art work included.
    Buyer will have to arrange shipping. Pick up available currently in West Orange New Jersey, in owner’s garage, easily accessible to a van.
    Photos of actual item available upon request.
    Asking price: $3500.

$3500 is about what they're going for right now.

This one in particular could be a diamond in the rough too if it's truly been underused in the past years.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Maybe, but it needs work out of the gate. I wouldn't pay $3500 for a Diner with issues, unless everything else about it was pristine.

True, but this one claimed never routed and only two owners.

It's likely very nice condition.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Yes, but if you can pick one up for 3500 that doesnt need work, get that

I'd rather pick up the one for 3500 that's never been routed and only 2 owners. Fixing a switch and changing a few bulbs is a non issue in most cases.

For me, i'd rather pay more for condition. This one likely is in super nice shape.

Then again, we haven't seen pics so it's moot.

And i agree about your assessment of MA being a better player than diner. I've owned most system 11s and played them all.

For me:
    1. Pinbot
    2. Taxi
    3. WW/mousin

THE rest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-or-mousin-around?tu=Blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.