Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Diner or Mousin Around”

• Diner 25 votes
      47%
    • Mousin Around 28 votes
      53%

(53 votes)

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I'd like to pick up a System 11 game, and there is a Diner and a Mousin Around up for sale within a day's drive. Which one is better for the money? Thanks for the insight!

#2 3 years ago

Both great games, Mousin should come 25 to 30% less expensive.

#4 3 years ago

Phew. Feels like a draw to me. Pick the one that's a better deal, if one is?

#5 3 years ago

I think Mousin’ Around is a lot of fun, especially if non-pinball/casual players are in the mix. Plus, it has its own challenges for the more advanced player. Hitting the jackpots can be tough. What’s the cost of each? If Mousin’ is a fair amount less and money means something to you, I’d get the Mousin’.

#6 3 years ago

Thank you all. Mousin Around is cheaper and 4 hours closer, that is likely what I will go for. They both look to be in great shape. The games I currently have, examples are Batman Forever and Pinball Magic, are generally more accessible to pinball people, and I think my young son would like Mousin Around.

#7 3 years ago

Diner.

#8 3 years ago

I like Mousin' Around quite a bit, but I will warn you that it's VERY FAST and pretty brutal. At least mine was. I did alter the end-of-ramp gates, but even so, it's a very fast game anyway in my opinion, and so it's a bit tricky because of it. But your mileage may vary.

#9 3 years ago

Go with Mousin' Around since it is a bit harder to find.

#10 3 years ago

Buy both if they’re good deals.

They don’t grow on trees.

rd

#11 3 years ago

Get both if you can. Neither are mass produced games.

I've had both, and Mousin is still here. It's a blast. Diner has a better art package, but I didn't like it as much.

#12 3 years ago

Mousin all the way!!

#13 3 years ago

never played Mousin, but Diner is so cool. I dont want to own a lot of old games but really like Diner and would like one. go get it!

#15 3 years ago

I like Diner slightly better overall, but Mousin' is very fun. Cant go wrong with either.

I'd actually go with Mousin'. Better deal and they dont pop up as often as Diner.

#16 3 years ago

Mousin is the better game.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from PachoHerrera:

Mousin Around is cheaper and 4 hours closer

Get that for sure. On the drive, you can work on justifying owning the Diner too.

#18 3 years ago

Cheese traps , you can't go wrong.

#19 3 years ago

Let us know which one you picked!

#20 3 years ago

Another vote for Mousin'! Some really fun shots that feel unique to the game, good jackpot building and double playfield scoring rules, and way better music and call outs - YEAH BABY, JACKPOT!

#21 3 years ago

Both are great. Mousin may have a little tougher gameplay but not brutal. Get Mousin since it's closer, cheaper, and harder to find game.

#22 3 years ago

Diner is the best looking and sounding game, but I definitely think Mousin' Around is the better player (And it also has a great soundtrack). I really don't like the way you raise the Dine Time jackpot in Diner, whereas I feel raising the jackpot in Mousin' makes a lot more sense and is a lot more enjoyable, if a little grindy.

#23 3 years ago

Mousin's a fun player. Took awhile to find one without a worn playfield!!

#24 3 years ago

Ive owned both.

Mousiin is cool with the ball eater traps and upper mouse hole. Love the center target and ramp.

Diner is killer too. Awesome ramps shots.

This one is honestly a crap shoot. Get the closer one.

EDIT: if you do go mousin, check on the ball eater traps functionality as well as whether theyre in good shape. Not sure they've been recreated yet.

#25 3 years ago

Honestly, Diner has a timeless look that wears better than Mousiin. Also worth considering is that Diner will most certainly be worth a lot more in the long run. Why? Theme. No, I'm not talking about the 50's Diner thing—that's not its real theme anymore. The theme of Diner is political incorrectness. A machine with its particular style of humor could never be made anymore, thus increasing its future price. Especially, as it's not so over the line that it would make you look bad to guests, just enough to feel a bit cheeky. Think about it. Another Star Wars or Back To The Future game can be made, but not another Diner.

Oh, and it plays great.

#27 3 years ago

I ran a statistical analysis on machines a few years ago. This was based on the average ratings for each game compared to other games around that same price range. Based on this analysis both machines are a great buys at their current values. Based on this analysis Diner would be the slightly better buy at current average pricing.

https://images.pinside.com/5/45/f2/545f21e608f59edf1f7dfba7568f3ddd79f160f6.pdf

#28 3 years ago

Both are great games.

If sound is important to you -- listen to both videos for a while without looking, and discover which one you like the sound of better. Also, notice which one you think is funnier (if humor matters to you)...

-mof

#29 3 years ago

Thank you all. Mousin Around is cheaper and 4 hours closer, that is likely what I will go for.

Mousin around is definitely the correct choice.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from PilotPinball:

Honestly, Diner has a timeless look that wears better than Mousiin. Also worth considering is that Diner will most certainly be worth a lot more in the long run. Why? Theme. No, I'm not talking about the 50's Diner thing—that's not its real theme anymore. The theme of Diner is political incorrectness. A machine with its particular style of humor could never be made anymore, thus increasing its future price. Especially, as it's not so over the line that it would make you look bad to guests, just enough to feel a bit cheeky. Think about it. Another Star Wars or Back To The Future game can be made, but not another Diner.
    Oh, and it plays great.

But does it play better?

I don't know...having a mouse with big tits on the backglass and bottles of booze all over the place on MA is kinda politically incorrect too?
    Hell - if it was a Disney pin they would pencil out the smoking.

I would rate Taxi higher than Diner. I really wanted to love Diner, but game play just wasn't up to speed.

#31 3 years ago

But does it play better? .having a mouse with big tits on the backglass and bottles of booze
    That would be another reason to buy mousin

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Can you add a poll?

Mof about to rig the poll

#33 3 years ago

I would go Mousin' because its so much cheaper. Diner is cool, but the price change is not worth the buy IMO

#34 3 years ago

Added a poll

#35 3 years ago

Where’s the option for “both”?

You haven’t said how much they are ... that would influence the poll.

rd

#36 3 years ago

Diner the guy is asking 3,200. Mousin the guy is asking 2,700. These prices...man. Or there is a shadow that popped up that I could maybe get for 4K lol...

#37 3 years ago

Diner the guy is asking 3,200. Mousin the guy is asking 2,700. These prices...man. Or there is a shadow that popped up that I could maybe get for 4K lol...

I’m the original “system 11 guy” ...

But with your above scenario, I would buy the Shadow.

Every day.

One of the best WPC games out there, playwise.

(Presuming that it’s in good condition of course)

rd

#38 3 years ago

Bro...get the Shadow. No question.

#39 3 years ago

The Shadow ain’t a bad choice either...

#40 3 years ago

Get the Shadow.

$2,700 isn't bad for Mousin if it's in good shape.

#41 3 years ago

I’m thinking shadow. I love wpc. It’s got a color dmd, magnet burn but the rest of the playfield and cabinet look nice. Mousin is a reimport with no coin mechs, playfield and cabinet look good.

#42 3 years ago

I’m thinking shadow. I love wpc. It’s got a color dmd, magnet burn but the rest of the playfield and cabinet look nice. Mousin is a reimport with no coin mechs, playfield and cabinet look good.

4k for a nice Shadow with a color dmd??? If you don't want it, give me the info and ill buy it!! ...and I already own one!!

#43 3 years ago

Went with the shadow - no regrets

2 weeks later
    #45 3 years ago

I'd like to pick up a System 11 game,

This was posted to a campus list today. I thought $3500 was a bit steep without pictures and I am suspect of any 1990 game that wasn't routed at first.

///Rich

Classic Diner Pinball Machine by Williams.
    Condition: Very Good (Used)
    Year Built: 1990
    This is a vintage pinball machine. Classic diner game dishing out food to hungry patrons. Original machine, not a reproduction. Limited number of machines ever built.
    Never used in a commercial setting, this pinball machine has been in two private collections since its initial purchase.
    Original components. Some minor repairs needed. The up ramp needs to be fixed, a few light bulbs need to be replaced, and the big cup sensor needs to be repaired. Beyond that this is in fully working condition. Has mostly gone unused over the past 15 years.
    Original owner’s manual and wall art work included.
    Buyer will have to arrange shipping. Pick up available currently in West Orange New Jersey, in owner’s garage, easily accessible to a van.
    Photos of actual item available upon request.
    Asking price: $3500.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from RichWolfson:

This was posted to a campus list today. I thought $3500 was a bit steep without pictures and I am suspect of any 1990 game that wasn't routed at first.
    ///Rich
    Classic Diner Pinball Machine by Williams.
    Condition: Very Good (Used)
    Year Built: 1990
    This is a vintage pinball machine. Classic diner game dishing out food to hungry patrons. Original machine, not a reproduction. Limited number of machines ever built.
    Never used in a commercial setting, this pinball machine has been in two private collections since its initial purchase.
    Original components. Some minor repairs needed. The up ramp needs to be fixed, a few light bulbs need to be replaced, and the big cup sensor needs to be repaired. Beyond that this is in fully working condition. Has mostly gone unused over the past 15 years.
    Original owner’s manual and wall art work included.
    Buyer will have to arrange shipping. Pick up available currently in West Orange New Jersey, in owner’s garage, easily accessible to a van.
    Photos of actual item available upon request.
    Asking price: $3500.

$3500 is about what they're going for right now.

This one in particular could be a diamond in the rough too if it's truly been underused in the past years.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

This one in particular could be a diamond in the rough too if it's truly been underused in the past years.

Maybe, but it needs work out of the gate. I wouldn't pay $3500 for a Diner with issues, unless everything else about it was pristine.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Maybe, but it needs work out of the gate. I wouldn't pay $3500 for a Diner with issues, unless everything else about it was pristine.

True, but this one claimed never routed and only two owners.

It's likely very nice condition.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes, but if you can pick one up for 3500 that doesnt need work, get that. Could end up spending a few hundred dollars rebuilding one, leds, etc, vs just buying off a collector.

Own MA currently. Have owned diner. Diner is better looking. MA is the better player.

Because of the average cost, I'd go MA and save the money.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Yes, but if you can pick one up for 3500 that doesnt need work, get that

I'd rather pick up the one for 3500 that's never been routed and only 2 owners. Fixing a switch and changing a few bulbs is a non issue in most cases.

For me, i'd rather pay more for condition. This one likely is in super nice shape.

Then again, we haven't seen pics so it's moot.

And i agree about your assessment of MA being a better player than diner. I've owned most system 11s and played them all.

For me:
    1. Pinbot
    2. Taxi
    3. WW/mousin

THE rest.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-or-mousin-around?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.