2013-05-01_10.42.31.jpg
2013-05-01_10.42.18.jpg
2013-05-01_10.42.02.jpg
ramp4.jpg
ramp3.jpg
ramp1.jpg
WP_000516.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I just picked up a diner project machine. The upper playfield was taken apart and I'm trying to piece it together. I'm wondering about the lift ramp on the left side. I have the lift ramp and the upper plastic curved ramp but it looks like there is about a 2 inch gap between them. All the pictures I'm finding on the internet make it hard to see because the cash register is in the way. Any pictures of how this goes together? Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

I've been trying to add a post in this area to prevent ball hang-up and have the picture below handy - hope it helps. If you need more or something more specific let me know as things are still apart.

WP_000516.jpgWP_000516.jpg

#3 10 years ago

I am currently restoring my Diner as well. If you PM me your email address I will zip up all my deconstruction photos and send them to you if you like.

#4 10 years ago

Hopefully these can help you out. I have more if needed (I think).

Chris

ramp1.jpgramp1.jpg ramp3.jpgramp3.jpg ramp4.jpgramp4.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the pictures guys. I am looking at the last 2 that Chris put up. It appears I am missing the metal flap and the support bracket that it rivets to. Looks like I will have to rivet a new piece of metal to the skip ramp and fab a bracket to rivet the metal to. Then I have to figure out how to mount the bracket. To be continued.

#6 10 years ago

I picked this thing up a few days ago and am now trying to figure out what all I am missing. I have a feeling there is more but I wont know until I go to put it all back together. Here is a couple pics of what I am missing along with a sketch of what I think that support bracket for the metal flap should look like. Am I pretty close on my sketch???

2013-05-01_10.42.02.jpg2013-05-01_10.42.02.jpg 2013-05-01_10.42.18.jpg2013-05-01_10.42.18.jpg 2013-05-01_10.42.31.jpg2013-05-01_10.42.31.jpg

#7 10 years ago

the sketch looks pretty close to me.

You can kind of see it in this photo. If the machine were not packed up, I would take some more pics for you

diner_ramp.jpgdiner_ramp.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Thanks Chris. Those pictures really help.
3 replies all from Pennsylvania. There must be a lot of diners in that area. I live in the Midwest and they don't pop up around here very often so I consider myself lucky to have found this one - and its a prototype to boot. The playfield is really nice and the cabinet is fair but the guy who had it was using it as a parts donor.
I am a few weeks (probably months) away from putting it back together. I need to get a bunch of parts and spend lots of hours fixing and cleaning. I will keep updates on my progress and cry for help when I need it. Both plastic ramps (right and left) are missing. I may need some more pictures and help once I get those in.
Tim

#9 10 years ago

I had a big project Diner that's nearing completion. One issue left! (yay!) Here's a small list of what I've done:

New pinscore LED installed
Torn to playfield, shopped, white rubbers, all plastics cleaning individually, all new lights (non-LED)
New Transformer
All playfield decals scrapped off, inserts wet sanded and polished, new reverse screened decals applied including for large Diner and People decal
Minor touchup on left hand side near drop targets
remote battery pack installed
All GI connectors repinned with trifurcons
New BR1 in Aux Power Driver Board
New sound ROMs
New sound ribbon cable
CPU had minor acid damage which was neutralized with vinegar and cleaned
new balls
both flippers rebuilt
ramp up/down has new coil/diode/sleeve and bracket
coil sleeves throughout a good deal of solenoids

If I can be of help, I'd be happy to! I'll keep an eye open on this thread for questions.

#10 10 years ago

Hi Tim,
Here are three more pictures of that bracket. Your sketch is pretty close. it looks to me like the bracket is not 100 % straight and that the flange where it is screwed to the playfield is angled forward.

Buck (Mark)

WP_000519.jpgWP_000519.jpg WP_000520.jpgWP_000520.jpg WP_000521.jpgWP_000521.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Note that there are also small metal flaps on the sides that are riveted to the metal housing.

#12 10 years ago

PMing my Diner shop out pics. Should have what you need.

#13 10 years ago

I am feeling the Pinside love!!!!

This is what it is about!!!

Chris

#14 10 years ago

No doubt. I totally did not expect this kind of response. I have been reluctant to do much on pinside because I am old school and don't like new things (always been a rgp troll - totally different subject). After this experience, my view has changed. Thanks to all.

@Buck/Mark- I have the 2 metal flaps although 1 is bent pretty good. I may replace them while I'm at it. What gauge/thickness and material type would you say that support bracket is? It may take me a couple tries but I used to work in a truck repair shop and did a lot of metal fabrication. If that fails I have a buddy who works tool and die and maybe he can create something.

Tim

#15 10 years ago

I wasn't able to get an accurate measurement on the thickness, but it looks to be very similar in thickness as compared to metal sides/plates/guides that the ramp sits within.

Mark

WP_000520_with_note.jpgWP_000520_with_note.jpg

8 months later
#16 10 years ago

Update.
Well it has been way more than a few months (almost a year) but I am finally close to finishing this thing up. Actually I stepped away from the project once the weather got nice last year. I have a lot of work to do on my house and property and I spend the warm months outside trying to catch up. Now that winter is here I am able to get back in to the workshop and work on some of these projects.
I removed the playfield and completely tore it down. The biggest problem aside from the missing ramp bracket was dried up novus/wax or whatever the previous owner decided to use to clean the playfield. The intention was good but it looked like he turned the bottle upside down and dumped it on the pf. There was dried up polish everywhere - inside the drop target assemblies, star posts, underside of plastics, bulb sockets..... I finally got it all cleaned up and put back in the cabinet. I'm down to putting the ramps back on and should be done in a couple more weeks.
I had the bracket made up along with the spring steel flaps. Just need to rivet everything together and install. Here is a few pics of the pf before I cleaned it all up (check out the homemade plastic above the center drops lol). I will post some of the finished pics in a few weeks when I get er all back together. Thanks to Silver Unicorn (Chris), jalpert, and kneisel for all the shop out pictures. Made this whole process easier.

100_3880.JPG100_3880.JPG 100_3887.JPG100_3887.JPG 100_3888.JPG100_3888.JPG 100_3892.JPG100_3892.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-lift-ramp-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.