Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Recently cleaned up my Diner in the garage and it was running like it just came out of the box. Last night we moved it back into the house and it has some minor issues. First thing is the flippers will not change the EAT lights for the multiplier. Second is I am getting a "Pinball Missing Malfunction". The balls are there and the switches look to be where they belong working freely. Any suggestions? I'm having trouble finding any info specific to these issues.

#2 9 years ago

Start with re-seating the connectors, seems like a popular problem after a move. If the balls were in it during the move, check for stuck or bad micro switches in the ball trough.

#3 9 years ago

Balls were in during the move. Never thought to pull them out. I have messed with the switches and no luck. Anyone think a hard reset would help?

#4 9 years ago

Go into your tests inside the coin door and enter the switch edge tests mode to see if the pin is seeing one or more closed. Sounds like one near the ball through may be faulty. Also... Like said above ^ reseat all your connectors.~SpOoKy

#5 9 years ago

Sounds like a switch issue or connector. Make sure you do not have a switch closed. Check each switch in the ball trough. Also make sure a wire to the a switch did not come loose.

#6 9 years ago

Ok, stupid question time - is there 3 blls in the game?

#7 9 years ago

I think so. I know two will work. Don't you have that sticker on the lock bar receiver assembly that shows how many balls go in the diner..

#8 9 years ago

Game uses three balls. Take balls out and put game in switch test send one ball at time into trough and verify switches are working and game sees all three balls, also check that you didn't break wire off any lane change switches

#9 9 years ago

Where are the lane change switches? Don't know how that function works.
Also, yes 3 balls are in the game. Thanks for the help. Good suggestions to help troubleshoot.

#10 9 years ago

I will need to looks at my game for sure but on some system 11 games they are mounted next to the end of stroke switches on flippers .Do a thorough inspection it could be one of the plugs on the circuit board was pulled loose also its not uncommon to have a wire under play field break off at solder connection

#11 9 years ago

I isolated tonight that it is the switch where ball 2 rests that is not registering. All the wires are still connected, so I am wondering if it could be something other than a loose wire? The game does not even accept a credit when it thinks that ball is not there.

#12 9 years ago

Probably not a loose wire, more like a bad micro-switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-issues-after-a-move and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.