• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robx46
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

diner_flashers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have flashers firing with coils firing at the same time on my diner. In test mode this doesn't happen & a/c relay works fine & all the tests are fine. But during play various sets of flashers go off with different coil firings. Almost as if the relay is only not working during play? What could cause this?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I would try to pinpoint the issue a little more. When coil X fires- flasher(s) y fire.
Or are you saying when any coil fires all flashers fire?

When the flippers fire the 2 cup flashers go off. Bumpers fire the right ramp flashers, etc. It is predictable.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Are you using LEDS?

Yes new leds and also new led flashers I just installed. Just got the game it needed shopped so I'm unsure if it was doing it before with incandescent.

#11 2 years ago

Thanks for the info!

#12 2 years ago

So I did the LED mod but I still have flashers firing on bumper hits (flippers are good now). I followed the instructions perfectly, had no trouble & double checked my work. So currently when the bottom bumper & left bumper are hit, the right ramp flashers light. & when the right bumper is hit, the left ramp flashers light. Does this make any sense?

#13 2 years ago

Now I did just notice my flasher resistor on coil #4 (PEPE!) is failed. So perhaps that might have something to do with it? I have order the part & replace it. Had a bunch of these at one time but they never failed on me I probably threw them out. Never throw anything out!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Did you try refitting the incandescent's to PROVE the LEDs are the problem? Otherwise you might be chasing your tail...

You are right. It may not be the LED's. I replaced the failed resistor so all flashers work 100% & also tried replacing the 4 flashers in question with incandescent (left ramp/ right ramp flashers)... & it STILL does it! So I've done the LED mod exactly as described & the bumpers are still firing off these ramp flashers. Not in test mode, only during play.
It's honestly not a bad effect & I can live with it, but I just don't like things happening that apparently shouldn't be. What else could cause this?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I am 99% sure www.pinwiki.com has an article on this very subject.

I couldn't find any info under the system 11

#19 2 years ago

Problem solved!
So unless I'm crazy.... I think older software revisions didn't have this effect with the bumpers & ramp flashers. However, I fired up Pinball Arcade on my PC & launched the diner table. It DOES fire flashers with bumpers. Yet I've seen video online where they don't, & also I just upgraded my roms to L-4 & I don't recall noticing it before that. So I guess this is normal behavior, at least on L-4 roms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-flashers-firing-with-coils?tu=robx46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.