Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20121127_173023.jpg
Diner_diverter.jpg
#1 11 years ago

*EDIT* Solution in post 3

Hello all,

As I've been poking around my Diner I noticed that the Diverter does not seem to be working right. What I believe is supposed to happen is that during a new game the diverter will pull the arm "up" so that your right ramp shot criss-crosses to the left flipper. Then consecutive shots spell DINER wherein the diverter will pull the arm "down" to make the cup shot for a bonus.

It seems that my diverter only likes to stay down, so that I am always hitting the cup shot. If I manually move the arm up it will move down as it should when I make the necessary 5 shots, but will not move up on its own.

I went into test mode to test the diverter and the coil will fire the arm down, but it never goes back up, I'm not totally sure how it is mechanically or electrically supposed to go up either. The only thing I noticed was that the coil used is an AE-26-1500 instead of 1200.

Thanks for any help

#2 11 years ago

I'll take more of a look when I get home, but see the picture below from my Diner with the diverter area outlined. I know that I've had problems with the set-screw causing me some issues.

Diner_diverter.jpgDiner_diverter.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Buck.

I actually just solved the issue. I was poking around there before but didn't have the time to take anything apart. I went in there and loosened that set screw which loosened up the coil and the assembly. I think something must have been too tight because the coil wanted to move up after everything was loosened up. So I put it back together and all is well now! The coil stays up and pulls down successfully when it should.

I always love that whenever I do a big fix/clean on my game that I am rewarded with a high score. I managed to put away 9M right afterwards. Not a huge score but given that half the rules were blocked to me up to this point on account of the diverter and I don't know them all yet I think that is okay.

IMG_20121127_173023.jpgIMG_20121127_173023.jpg

1 year later
#4 10 years ago

This was helpful

8 years later
#5 1 year ago

I am having this issue on my Diner. When the divertor is activated, it shakes but will not stay open to allow the cup shot. I have loosened it, cleaned it, etc. Nothing..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-diverter-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.