(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,061 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Plumonium
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 231 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
2566E351-0007-463D-AABF-A217A75A7D29 (resized).jpeg
97005EFF-C286-4F14-99BB-4BA12266A926 (resized).jpeg
cup (resized).jpg
Insert (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191011-005806~2 (resized).png
Message_1570765764341 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765733244 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765790728 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765838246 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765819076 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765857684 (resized).jpg
704E68AF-4E00-4B49-A649-2C6E66B5960B (resized).jpeg
A3105335-60D0-4D92-98B7-0FABA80C2C03 (resized).jpeg
0A6EF824-5406-4831-B13A-8078F2C0A337 (resized).jpeg
6AB94C7C-66C9-4EE5-A6B6-9439CDF13393 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider life_boy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#945 5 months ago

I’ve been in the Diner club for about 2 weeks now. My first pin—I wasn’t looking for it in particular but it was the right price and right location. Finding something within reasonable driving distance of me has been a huge challenge. I knew I couldn’t go wrong with Williams system 11 and so far so good. Thankfully, my family has connected immediately too. Ironically, I have yet to beat the score on my very first game when we got it set up. 6.7mil.

I have my first orders from Marco and Pinball Life in the mail so that I can rebuild flippers and also (hopefully) solve my issue with the lift ramp not opening up. I can hear it trying to lift but it isn’t catching or something.

image (resized).jpg
#954 4 months ago

Successfully completed my first pinball maintenance task tonight. Feeling great about it. I’ve had an issue with the ramp lift not opening to get the ball lock. It has been trying and sometimes does it, but mostly not.

After pouring over the manual and lifting up the Playfield to try and figure out what I was looking at under there and overwhelmed at just how many parts make up that unit, I slowed down and reassessed. Instead of going all out and buying completely new mechanisms altogether I decided to shoot conservative and just focus on the things that would most likely wear out: coil sleeve, springs, and a lift crank lock plate. I went ahead and got some new clips and washers too mostly so I would have some but why not make everything a little fresh.

Man, that lift assembly rod that physically lifts the ramp is a pain to get out of there. I had to remove the plastic along the side and the cash register in order to actually get in there enough to unscrew the nut (I had hoped to not have to do all that). Underneath the mechanism was alright but the joints were greased up from a previous owner. I took it all apart and cleaned it. Fresh sleeve and springs. That tiny spring on casing around the smaller coil promptly shot across the room. So glad I bought two just in case! On closer assessment the lift crank lock plate probably wasn’t worn enough to really affect the mechanism but I traded it out anyway since I had one.

Anyway, it was a chore to put back together but I got it built back and then tested it before re-screwing all the plastics and ramps. It worked! My ramp lift will open for multiball lock once again! I’m also feeling good about my first mechanical troubleshoot as an owner. Next step will be flipper rebuilding!

1 week later
#972 4 months ago

First time pin owner here: Trying to figure out a lighting issue. The GI (I guess that’s what you call it) on the right side of playfield is wonky. It flickers while playing—sometimes turning on for a few seconds before flickering generally off. I lifted the playfield and disconnected what appeared to be the wire connector for those lights underneath. Reconnected. Was doing better for a few games but now is back to nearly being off.

Thoughts/advice appreciated.

45F51A23-7145-4C8E-8BF7-DAAE1BFC45F9 (resized).jpegB770BF8F-B9CC-4DAF-A9AA-F4D94E63A18E (resized).jpeg
#974 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Replace the GI connector with a trifurcon type.
Check the pins on the driver board for the GI, they are usually burnt and worn.
Replace them.

Thank you. I’ll order some trifurcon connectors and see if that helps.

I checked all around the aux power driver board and the interconnect board, unplugging/checking connectors. I didn’t see anything burnt or worn. So I guess that’s good....‍♂️

#976 4 months ago

Yeah, definitely didn't see anything like that all through my machine. I didn't unplug every connection but I did look around the yellow and red wires that seem to be doing the lamps and GI. Could it still be a connector? Do the wires themselves ever wear out or go bad?

1 week later
#991 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Loose connectors should be replaced.
GI connectors should be replaced with trifurcon type.

I meant to post this sooner but I was waiting for parts to arrive. I did retrace the wiring and realized I had been tracing lamp wires rather than GI. I did find burnt molex connectors on the relay board. The pins on the board itself actually seemed to be in fine shape—no visible damage or discoloration.

When the parts did arrive I was suddenly confused by what I was observing. The problem I’m having is this “daisy chain” way that the wiring is looping through the molex. How am I supposed to solve this? I have trifurcon connectors but it looks like these original crimped differently. Should I split off the original wire into the molex? Or did I get the wrong connectors (I have .156” trifurcon crimp terminals)? Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

704E68AF-4E00-4B49-A649-2C6E66B5960B (resized).jpegA3105335-60D0-4D92-98B7-0FABA80C2C03 (resized).jpeg
#993 4 months ago
Quoted from Completist:

Basically what you want to do is create a “Y” out of each wire. I take a piece of wire say 4” long and bend it in half.

Ok thanks.
I’m assuming this is the same gauge wire as what is already there? The GI wiring is a slightly higher gauge than some of the other lighting wires.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sainte Madeleine, QC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider life_boy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside