(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Anybody know what this car is I was thinking a merc but I'm unsure

image.jpg 81 KB

image-952.jpg 391 KB

From the looks of it maybe a 57' Chevy Bel Air?

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Anyone have a spare Hajj springy plastic for the back box, mine has two Bucks for some reason.

Marco sells a complete set if you are interested. $30. for all of them isn't bad considering. This way you have extra if any should break. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1578-571

3 weeks later
#99 9 years ago

Hey fellow Diner Enthusiasts,

I have 3 sets of Diner cabinet decals for sale if anyone is interested. Sets are fully licensed and includes both full sides ( no need to paint black), 2 back box sides, and the front (coin door). They would be $240 plus shipping. Just PM me if you would like a set. Thanks !

1 year later
#250 8 years ago

Hello,

Can anyone offer any advice on how to set the flipper angle properly. It seems like no matter how I set up the left hand side I can only either hit the cup ramp or the special hole but never both. I typically align the flippers with the in lane guide. Also, as of late I feel like the ball isn't going up the cup ramp as fast as it used to. The ball would fly up the ramp and zoom around inside the cup. Now it just makes 3-4 revolutions if I'm lucky. Anything I should check? Flipper solenoids are brand new (with wpc95 mod) and seem snappy. Thanks !

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Can anyone chime in on the repro Diner Coffee Cup ramps they've bought? I was very excited (lucky) to find one and then less excited when I opened up the box yesterday. This one came straight from Planetary Pinball. Notice how the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

20160127_175732_(resized).jpg

I bought one one those. Wasn't as clear as I had hoped, but matched better than that. Also, mine had a hair or 2 cast right into the plastic. Not too noticeable in the cabinet but you can definitely see them when handling the cup.

3 weeks later
#292 8 years ago

OK so little survey. If you take a shot at the cup I mean a real good shot with everything on it, How many revolutions are you averaging? I
feel like my ball barely makes it up the ramp and I'm lucky to get 3-4 full spins.

2 months later
#319 7 years ago

OK, I know I have asked this question before but its still bothering me. I just watched the PAPA video of Diner game play and man does the ball really fly up that cup ramp on a nice hit. I'm lucky to get 3 rotations on a nice shot. I feel like something on my game is set incorrectly or maybe I'm loosing power to the flippers? If those with good luck on the shot wouldn't mind listing some of your tweaks I'd appreciate it greatly. Possibly causes I can think of:

1) Playfield angle too steep? My level reads just over 6 deg.
2) Flipper angle off? I aligned them with the guides, not the pin holes.
3) Flipper coils under powered? They are relatively new though
4) Underpants gnomes? Inside the machine with a magnet affecting the ball?

Thanks all !

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How smooth is your ramp? I don't mean free of scratches, is the plastic actually flat. My old ramp was wavy and cup shots were rare. A new one from Starfighter solved all of that. We were chatting at the last tournament about how it seemed like the high scores on the cup had seemed to be rarer, and 10 seconds later somebody nailed a 3.3m cup shot...

I don't think its overly warped if at all, but I can take it off an inspect it tonight. I swear right after I restored the game 2-3 million was the norm, but the special shot was pretty much impossible to hit ( only hit on rebounds). So I opened the flippers slightly. Maybe I just answered my own question..?

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The most I've got on mine I believe is around 2.6 million, and that's without shaking the machine at all, it did many rotations on it's own. I wonder if it depends on what level a person has their machine set at. If the rear of the machine is too high then maybe the ball is just losing too much speed getting up the ramp.

For reference do you know what your machine is set to? I was thinking that too, but I also thought if the machine isn't steep enough maybe the ball isn't coming down the in lane fast enough to get a good flip on?

#328 7 years ago

Wow watch @ 5:20 here. It doesn't even look like he shakes the machine. Would love to get even HALF of that

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I don't think mine has a level on it, I can check though next time I'm at my film house, that's where the machine is. I had at the time just leveled it like the machine next to it which had a level on it. I have video taped myself playing my Diner though, at this link I got a coffee cup shot:
» YouTube video
You can see from that video that I didn't shake the table at all. Getting 1 million on the cup on my table isn't hard. Getting more than that though takes a good shot though.

HAHA crazy I was just watching that video too !

#330 7 years ago

So I regapped my EOS switches, leveled the field again, and got .2 oHm on both closed switches. Still getting mediocre cup results. Even though I feel like the ball isn't coming off the flippers with enough velocity, when I physically roll the ball up the ramp ( pretty good too) I still get crappy results. Could the ramp need realigning. It seems pretty uniform. I noticed the bottom section of the playfield is playing pretty slow. Sometimes the ball will just hit above the flipper and die. Also seems to be coming off the slings kinda slow. My level is reading 6 deg slope but that doesn't seem right to me.

#331 7 years ago

Took everything apart today. Looks like the ramp gets a bit wavy towards to top. Guess I'll just play the way it is for now but looks like a new ramp is in the future. Thanks for all the suggestions !

*edit* did some more testing and it looks like the switch is only registering like every other pass from the ball. IE 5 ball spins may only count 3. Going to order a new switch. Of course it can't be an easy switch to replace, right...?

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

ArcadiusMaximus are your flippers converted to external return spring ? Is your playfield level from side to side ? I use a 6" level between slings to check . Even with strong working flippers it take a fairly clean shot to get a lot of spins in the coffee cup

Hi. Yes I have converted the flippers to WPC fliptronic style. I have also leveled the field front and back.

Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Indeed, you need a new ramp. (No amount of fussing over your EOS switches will help, or putting in stronger coils, or tinkering with the playfield pitch will help. Playfields are supposed to be pitched at 6.5 degrees, period. I've done all the other stuff and nothing helped. A new ramp made an immediate difference.) You'll also need to transfer the metal tabs from your existing ramp using rivets (insanely, they rivet new transition metal for you, but not the other stuff. Great.) Don't use pop rivets on things the ball will travel over (the diverter arm guide plate). Find somebody who has a rivet press if you don't have one...otherwise, nicked balls and playfield damage.
The switch is supposed to only register every other pass. Save the $5.

Thanks for all the tips. Maybe I'll pick up a ramp next month. I think my field is at 6.3-4 now, so Ill double check tonight. Crap I didn't even realize I'd have to transfer the diverter plate over to the new ramp. Any suggestions for a rivet press that would fit in there? Ill probably buy one since I'll use it in the future. Found this ( http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=72 ). Might be an inexpensive solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome?tu=arcadiusmaximus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.