(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1722 1 year ago

Picked up a pretty decent diner that was sitting in a warehouse for about the last 15 years. It's dirty as heck, but looks salvageable. Playfield has just a little wear in one of the lanes (cliffy), some chatter in the shooter lane, and the cabinet shows signs of a little planking, but she is solid. I was considering doing another playfield swap and working over the cabinet, but for all of those I have done, I always end up with way more in the games than I will ever get out of them so I think I am just going to clean her up and replace yellow plastics and keep her as she is for now. Gonna take a lot of cleaning....she was really dirty.

PS...don't criticize the shop. I built a "Barndominium" with a large shop and I've been concentrating on getting the house finished before I get too carried away in my living quarters....lol.

Diner 1 (resized).jpgDiner 1 (resized).jpgDiner 2 (resized).jpgDiner 2 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#1878 1 year ago

Anyone else have this guard/shield in their Diner? Or is this a home made air-ball deflector?

Diner Shield (resized).jpgDiner Shield (resized).jpg
#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's on mine. I assume it's to avoid ball traps, made of metal to prevent damage which might allow a ball to smash through/into the lamp board inside the register, which would cause other havoc.

Yea, I was following the thread as I am in the middle of a Diner resto myself. I just had not seen that deflector on any others I had looked at, so I was trying to decide if it was added on or something factory that got discarded. Looks pretty simple to make

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

It's on the parts diagram for the cash register, just not very visible. On page 67. Item #3 "Deflector bracket, p/n 01-9755"
I don't see any of the main parts vendors showing it as available though.

Thanks, I will look.

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from tstone:

It's on mine too.
[quoted image]

Any chance someone could pop the deflector off and get me some better pics with measurements? I'll have a few made out of stainless, but I would just be guessing at dimensions other than the width of the cash register, which I know is 4 inches. Thanks

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from tstone:

Here ya go.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect, thanks!

#1894 1 year ago

Clock board had an issue.....only one in the entire board set I had not changed yet....

20230108_170732 (resized).jpg20230108_170732 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Question for the owner's group, especially any who have done a pf swap:
My daughter and I are almost done with ours (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-the-parkette-diner-gone-but-not-forgotten-its-diner-still-lives#post-7353386) and one of the fiddly things remaining is the "biff bars", or whatever those metal rails directly beneath the flippers are called.
So one of the things that makes my OCD twitch is how on Diner, art holes were made for the ends of these bars (see waitress' shoe) but at least on my original pf, the bars did not plug into that area but a different hole offset just below. Which... is the same apparent condition on the CPR repro!
[quoted image]
So my question is: relative to the flippers, do the bars *have* to be placed in the dimpled holes (meaning the suggested art alignment was a mistake), OR are they somewhat arbitrary and may thus be placed in the art holes if desired? I really want to put them there but don't want to discover that causes some bizarre problem I never would've imagined since I barely understand the point of the bars in the first place, d'oh.
Also on the subject of holes & alignment in the flipper area: holes for the flipper alignment pins are missing on the CPR. Which... I don't guess those are absolutely necessary since you can align flippers without them (I set mine in-line with the feed guides, as seen in photo). What's the consensus here? I'm leaning toward leaving them out, but drilling holes for those wouldn't be any different for the biff bars...

Just did a swap and had the same issue. I put mine in the drilled holes, but to be honest, I don't think I would ever put them in again. They really serve no purpose, and they just don't sit quite the same after moving them. I vote to leave them off as suggested.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Looking for CPR Silkscreened playfield silver or gold. Let me know if somebody have something for sale.

I thought CPR had them back in stock? I saw a notice a week or two ago.

Edit: Sorry, I later realized you are looking for the silk-screened version

#1904 1 year ago

Thanks tstone. Guard will no doubt be needed.

Off2war....get me shipping details "down under" and I will drop yours to you.

20230120_183440 (resized).jpg20230120_183440 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from tstone:

I'm having a frustrating issue, hoping you experts can help!
When I boot up, I get a test report.
It says to check switch, right sub playfield 2, #16.
I have used the manual to identify this switch, it's in the "special" hole, it has white/grey and green/red wires.
The switch looks OK to me, seems to test OK. It isn't jammed or anything, seems to open and close correctly with the wire.
I'm not sure why I'm getting the error.
Also, the special hole seems to work fine during gameplay.
I hate getting that test report and credit dot.
Can someone tell me what I should do next?
thanks!

When you say "seems to test OK"....are you using the menu or a meter to test the switch to make sure it is registering correctly? or are you just saying it moves like it should? Trust me, they will look and feel fine, but have broken internals. If you put the game into the switch test mode, is it registering correctly?

#1931 1 year ago

Have you ever hit the switch during game play? I know some machines will register a switch error if it hasn't been hit in several gamed. The logic assumes the switch is bad.

#1932 1 year ago

Also, make sure you are testing the switch with an actual pinball. Many times the wire gets bent and you can activate the switch by hand, but a ball will miss the mark.

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from tstone:

Yeah, I hit it almost every game. It gets hit every time a ball goes in the special hole.

I did try it with a pinball...but again, since the switch is "open" when the machine is powered on, I would think the machine thinks it's "closed/activated" to register an error, but I don't see this during the test.

If you hit it every game and the ball ejects without going into a ball search, then the switch is fine. No idea why it would be saying it is not.

3 weeks later
#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I replaced the saucer on the top left after having an intermittent history of the ball not always activating the switch. (Tried new switch and bending the switch arm over the last year but it always comes back)
I noticed the ball doesn't always sit squarely in the saucer, so isn't depressing the switch. The reason seemed to be the two teeth on the side of the saucer were worn down to nothing.
[quoted image]
So I popped a new one in and when the ball lands it always works... But key word is when.
Now the ball doesn't always land in the saucer from a plunge and sometimes seems to bounce off the deflector. I think the teeth added less clearance and room for the ball to drop downwards and settle.
I checked a diner on location and the teeth are worn away on that one too.
Can anyone confirm the saucer is supposed to have the teeth?
Ours has a playfield protector so I imagine that adds a bit of height. I was thinking I could try lowering the saucer by a few mm with some washers to see if that helps.

Yes, they have teeth. Part number is in the manual, and I don't know as I ever saw one made without the teeth. Are you sure you have it turned the correct direction?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 22.50
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome?tu=Manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.