(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 41.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Hello,
Can anyone offer any advice on how to set the flipper angle properly. It seems like no matter how I set up the left hand side I can only either hit the cup ramp or the special hole but never both. I typically align the flippers with the in lane guide. Also, as of late I feel like the ball isn't going up the cup ramp as fast as it used to. The ball would fly up the ramp and zoom around inside the cup. Now it just makes 3-4 revolutions if I'm lucky. Anything I should check? Flipper solenoids are brand new (with wpc95 mod) and seem snappy. Thanks !

Mine are in line with the guides and the ramp and special area aren't tough, but can be challenging if you can't find the shot. I have a brand new ramp on mine and that was a HUGE change. A flush shot can get 2.5-2.7m in the cup where 750k was the high end with the old ramp. That's not likely your issue. The special shot is pretty late and the ramp can be post city if I lose the shot.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I just picked up a Diner and it came with this to swap in. So that's good...

005.jpg

It's been slow going, but I've finally gotten around to getting the new PF installed back into the cabinet. Fire in the hole produced no fires, and no holes so that's good. Time to rebuild the topside!

20160123_151918_(resized).jpg20160123_151918_(resized).jpg

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd love to get a new Diner PF, as well as the mirrored backglass that was supposed to be in the works a while back.
In the meantime, I've designed/machined playfield plastic protectors for Diner, if anyone is interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pf-plastic-protectors-for-salediner

Everytime I ask Rick or stu about the backglass - crickets. Like it is some bastard step child. I passed on an nos translight thinking it was coming. No reason, no apology, just crickets. Sort of bullsh$t.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

It's been slow going, but I've finally gotten around to getting the new PF installed back into the cabinet. Fire in the hole produced no fires, and no holes so that's good. Time to rebuild the topside!

20160123_151918_(resized).jpg

Wow....

That is one nice playfield?

Is that new?

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Everytime I ask Rick or stu about the backglass - crickets. Like it is some bastard step child. I passed on an nos translight thinking it was coming. No reason, no apology, just crickets. Sort of bullsh$t.

I was really looking forward to mirrored backglass for Diner.

It's areal shame the project died.

Diner has to be one of the prettiest pins ever made.

#256 8 years ago

Playfield long before backglass. Those big freaking customer inserts came up and F-ed up almost as many as High Speed playfields.

I have needed this playfield many times longer than most "Pin Heads" have been in the hobby.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was really looking forward to mirrored backglass for Diner.
It's areal shame the project died.
Diner has to be one of the prettiest pins ever made.

I'd love to know why? It is not a licensed theme.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Wow....
That is one nice playfield?
Is that new?

Not new but almost. It's a DP PF that came with the game when I bought it. Nice that it was in a game so all the screws fit..etc..lol

#259 8 years ago

The playfield art has been "50% done" for a while now. Is it pretty much abandoned at this point? I don't mind if it takes a few months to get done as that gives me time to save up, but if it is not happening, I'd like to know that as well.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

20160123_151918_(resized).jpg

Progress pic...

20160125_204326_(resized).jpg20160125_204326_(resized).jpg

#261 8 years ago

Looking good buddy, gotta love those new plastics

I'm telling you, Diner is hard to find (even more nice ones) and are getting a huge bump in value these days.

#262 8 years ago

oh yeah, don't forget to protect the right rollover inlane slot with a cliffy. This one gets abuse over time. I got a ramp protector for mine as well.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

oh yeah, don't forget to protect the right rollover inlane slot with a cliffy. This one gets abuse over time. I got a ramp protector for mine as well.

Agree...

Also, it's too bad the left ball drop is too high to be protected by a Cliffy. I put a small mylar patch on the left one to protect against additional damage.

#264 8 years ago

Where do you buy new plastics for the PF??Mine are cracked,and i can't find any for sale??

#266 8 years ago

I have some nice playfield plastic protectors for sell, if anyone needs them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pf-plastic-protectors-for-salediner

#267 8 years ago

Any chance you would sell one protector separately? For the center pop plastic.

#268 8 years ago

When I got mine, I wouldn't play a single game until I had plastic protectors on it.

Especially that center plastic.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Agree...
Also, it's too bad the left ball drop is too high to be protected by a Cliffy. I put a small mylar patch on the left one to protect against additional damage.

The left drop does not get as much action depending on your gameplay strategy.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Any chance you would sell one protector separately? For the center pop plastic.

No, sorry

#271 8 years ago

Anyone thinking of selling their diner? Any condition. Let me know what you've got. It's a title I've been looking to add.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

The left drop does not get as much action depending on your gameplay strategy.

Same could be said of the right...

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Same could be said of the right...

Well, it's a wise strategy to hit the left ramp in loop early in the game to go get that xball and max out the Dine Time value.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Leeb18509 said:Any chance you would sell one protector separately? For the center pop plastic.
No, sorry

Bummer. I gave away my original plastic to someone who needed it. Hope the CPR replacement holds up....

#275 8 years ago

Can anyone chime in on the repro Diner Coffee Cup ramps they've bought? I was very excited (lucky) to find one and then less excited when I opened up the box yesterday. This one came straight from Planetary Pinball. Notice how the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

20160127_175732_(resized).jpg20160127_175732_(resized).jpg

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Can anyone chime in on the repro Diner Coffee Cup ramps they've bought? I was very excited (lucky) to find one and then less excited when I opened up the box yesterday. This one came straight from Planetary Pinball. Notice how the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

20160127_175732_(resized).jpg

I bought one one those. Wasn't as clear as I had hoped, but matched better than that. Also, mine had a hair or 2 cast right into the plastic. Not too noticeable in the cabinet but you can definitely see them when handling the cup.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Can anyone chime in on the repro Diner Coffee Cup ramps they've bought?

I recently got one from PPS as well, Did not installed yet. It is definitely not as clear as I would have hoped but better than the original that was there. I guess that's it? I can post a picture later.

#279 8 years ago

I'm wondering what PPS thinks of that?

#280 8 years ago

Yeah, I hate to say it but this thing looks like someone printed it on one of those $300 3-D printers you can buy now. Rough uneven edges all over, completely cloudy. For $70.

#281 8 years ago

yeah they are very cloudy that's the problem. My original is clearer but yellowed...

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Yeah, I hate to say it but this thing looks like someone printed it on one of those $300 3-D printers you can buy now. Rough uneven edges all over, completely cloudy. For $70.

If it were, it would be white, even though the material is clear, where it was extruded onto the previous layer. Either way, it certainly is a disappointment that they look like that.

Is it something that can be flame polished?

#283 8 years ago

I tried a little flame polishing and it didn't seem to help much. Although, I didn't go crazy on it.

#284 8 years ago

That's a pretty big bummer. I would contact PPS and see why there is a difference between what you saw and what you received. Let them know that other owners have seen it and at least a few are hesitant to get a new cup now. I would get a new one, but don't want one that isn't as clear as the original.

#285 8 years ago

That appears no better than my original...

#286 8 years ago

Well, after a more than a few 3+ hour nights after my day job I'm pretty much finished with it! Still a few small details but nothing major. Not the toughest shop ever, but definitely some pain in the ass little things here and there. Not mention my first PF swap. Here's a few final pics...

20160128_215633_(resized).jpg20160128_215633_(resized).jpg

20160128_215625_(resized).jpg20160128_215625_(resized).jpg

20160128_214919_(resized).jpg20160128_214919_(resized).jpg

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Well, after a more than a few 3+ hour nights after my day job I'm pretty much finished with it! Still a few small details but nothing major. Not the toughest shop ever, but definitely some pain in the ass little things here and there. Not mention my first PF swap. Here's a few final pics...

Hey man, where did you get that cup? Seems pretty clear to me.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

20160128_215633_(resized).jpg20160128_215625_(resized).jpg20160128_214919_(resized).jpg

Looks great....

Though your cup is missing the decals.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1559-CUP

#289 8 years ago

Thanks! It's the same cup, just doesn't look as bad with all the bling around it. Still nothing close to the ramps, plastics, etc. I spent a half hour looking for the cup decal I already ordered and couldn't find it, but I wasn't about to let that stop me! It's around here somewhere.

#290 8 years ago

Oh wow. OK!

1 week later
#291 8 years ago

I have quite a few new, never been used Diner plastics if anyone is looking: http://1drv.ms/1PFZmin

I can bundle up what you need and we can figure out a fair price. I also have nice clean manual avail too.

Cheers,
Seth

1 week later
#292 8 years ago

OK so little survey. If you take a shot at the cup I mean a real good shot with everything on it, How many revolutions are you averaging? I
feel like my ball barely makes it up the ramp and I'm lucky to get 3-4 full spins.

#293 8 years ago

Is the scoring variable/adjustable? I'm getting 750k-1m on shots that are flush enough to get up there. On great shots, I'm getting 2.5-2.7m. Have done 2.7m a few times. My buddy got a touch more than that, but I can't remember the number. He was rocking the game machine though, so got a few extra rolls from there.

My game is on location, but has a good condition original cup, and a 2 month old ramp from Starship Fantasy.

#294 8 years ago

I get about 10-12 revolutions on a really good shot. This gives a value above 2.5M. I think my best is 2.7 or 2.8M.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I'm lucky to get 3-4 full spins.

Same here but a dead on shot with enough speed combined with a gentle (not to vigerous) shake back and forth (unsure if advised but works) will build up the momentum and will reach up to 3.1 million ,which is the highest i got with this method other than that 2.2million+. It also depends on how strong the flippers are as the last time i did a flipper rebuild on diner was good year ago!

1 week later
#296 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That's a pretty big bummer. I would contact PPS and see why there is a difference between what you saw and what you received. Let them know that other owners have seen it and at least a few are hesitant to get a new cup now. I would get a new one, but don't want one that isn't as clear as the original.

Just to follow up, I did end up contacting PPS and they were very understanding and made it right with me. I was told they are working on making better quality cups in the future. On a side note, the cup now has a fresh new decal that I found stashed away. Right after I....ordered...another....one. Anyone need a cup decal?

#297 8 years ago

Just an FYI. A friend of mine had a hard shot to the cup and started push/pulling the machine to keep momentum going. He had it going so good it maxed out (I think 3.2M maybe 3.5) and he just kept it going. I seriously think he could have kept it going for minutes if he bothered.

I sat there after him playing game after game until I was able to finally repeat the move. I think I better check to see if the tilt bob was removed.

But in any case, there was a max and after that you just hear the noise of the switch hit but no score award increase.

#298 8 years ago

Wow, I was wondering about a cup max a few days ago. Was going to take the glass off and see if there was one. Don't have to now.

#299 8 years ago

About the cpr playfield that has been in the works for nearly 3+ years , will it ever see the light of day ?

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

About the cpr playfield that has been in the works for nearly 3+ years , will it ever see the light of day ?

Starting to have my doubts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.