(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 41.
#1551 2 years ago

would you consider a trade for revenge from mars?

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

You don't want to sell it.

I know. But I need room to work on more projects.

Quoted from zerbam:

would you consider a trade for revenge from mars?

Thanks for the offer, but as above, I need room. Any trade would have to be heavily in my favor.

3 weeks later
#1553 2 years ago

Just finished a full restoration on Diner and I did install the new MRS switch for the cup and it works perfect! I also put the switch in Creature also. I feel it give me a few extra points for the ball spinning around the cup and I need all the point I can get Installation was very easy too.

diner 2022 (resized).JPGdiner 2022 (resized).JPG
#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Just finished a full restoration on Diner and I did install the new MRS switch for the cup and it works perfect! I also put the switch in Creature also. I feel it give me a few extra points for the ball spinning around the cup and I need all the point I can get Installation was very easy too.
[quoted image]

Nice work! I one was of the first to get that MRS for the cup, it is simple to install, my only concern was the adhesive letting go over time. So far so good!

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Hi,
Well, I know they're readily available, but whay i mean is...
The only pinball I changed the cabinet decals was already decals.
Here, originally, it's a painted one. And I wouldn't want a kind of glossy aspect...

I don't know if I'm really clear there...

Good decals is better than a bashed up cab in my opinion. Just decalled my Diner but then I am not too fussed if it doesn't look original. IMHO it looks better with red legs, lockbar and side rails!

IMG_7336 (resized).jpgIMG_7336 (resized).jpg
#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the plug!!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice work! I one was of the first to get that MRS for the cup, it is simple to install, my only concern was the adhesive letting go over time. So far so good!

Even less an issue today as the new MRS' are about 1/3 the size of the originals....so smaller AND lighter - and they weren't big to begin with!

Glad it's all good for ya still!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1558 2 years ago

Hi Mfresh
Wow, your game came out Nice,
My Repro Cup looks Nice in there !!!
Also dig the red side armour. Congrats Now go play the hell out of it.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Hi Mfresh
Wow, your game came out Nice,
My Repro Cup looks Nice in there !!!
Also dig the red side armour. Congrats Now go play the hell out of it

Thanks Mike.
Your repro cup is great - so glad I bought it. I am working on some repro jukeboxes which I hope to have available in a few weeks.
Then I have to do a playfield swap and the Diner will be perfect!

#1560 2 years ago

I'm happy to say I joined the Diner club recently. Love this game and one of my favorites from when I was a kid.

Just going through things and making small tweaks here and there. One thing I was wondering about is the volume control pot mounted right beside the tilt plumb bob. Is there a way to adjust the zero on those things? My game is pretty loud even when turned all the way down. The pot comes up to a stop fully counter clockwise. Are you supposed to be able to turn the volume down all the way to muted with those things?

My other similar era games I guess are slightly newer because they have the four button programming set-up, where the middle two buttons are your volume up and down and it shows you on the display. And you can go into settings and turn off the limit on minimum volume. I don't see anything like that in the settings menu on Diner.

IMG_6071 (resized).JPGIMG_6071 (resized).JPG
#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I'm happy to say I joined the Diner club recently. Love this game and one of my favorites from when I was a kid.
Just going through things and making small tweaks here and there. One thing I was wondering about is the volume control pot mounted right beside the tilt plumb bob. Is there a way to adjust the zero on those things? My game is pretty loud even when turned all the way down. The pot comes up to a stop fully counter clockwise. Are you supposed to be able to turn the volume down all the way to muted with those things?
My other similar era games I guess are slightly newer because they have the four button programming set-up, where the middle two buttons are your volume up and down and it shows you on the display. And you can go into settings and turn off the limit on minimum volume. I don't see anything like that in the settings menu on Diner.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I have Diner and Whirlwind and you can't mute either of these pins.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My game is pretty loud even when turned all the way down. [quoted image]

My Diner will go full mute when I rotate the pot. Same as my Taxi and High Speed.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

My Diner will go full mute when I rotate the pot. Same as my Taxi and High Speed.

So is that to say I should be able to loosen the lock nut and readjust the zero so that all the way left is mute?

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

So is that to say I should be able to loosen the lock nut and readjust the zero so that all the way left is mute?

No, thats not how it works... The nut has nothing to do with the limits, it just holds it on the bracket, and there is no "zeroing". A potentiometer is a fixed value from end to end. The factory pot starts at zero ohms and goes to 10k ohms, so turning it all the way counterclockwise should set the volume to zero.
Its likely that someone replaced yours at some point with different limit values, or possible yours is malfunctioning (they dont last forever). I'd suggest just replacing it with a proper 0-10K ohm. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-8550-1

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No, thats not how it works... The nut has nothing to do with the limits, it just holds it on the bracket, and there is no "zeroing". A potentiometer is a fixed value from end to end. The factory pot starts at zero ohms and goes to 10k ohms, so turning it all the way counterclockwise should set the volume to zero.
Its likely that someone replaced yours at some point with different limit values, or possible yours is malfunctioning (they dont last forever). I'd suggest just replacing it with a proper 0-10K ohm. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-8550-1

Thanks for explaining how that works.

Is this the same one, minus the bracket? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5014-12363-00

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Thanks for explaining how that works.
Is this the same one, minus the bracket? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5014-12363-00

Based on the description, it appears to be...

#1567 2 years ago

On page 71 of the Diner manual, under plastic posts, it says there are 4 of those transparent red mini posts. I have only found three on my game and wondered where the fourth one is?

Two of them are in plain sight on top of the ramps behind each of the orange rubber switch covers and the third one is tucked in behind the cash register (I have put tiny rubber rings on them since this picture was taken).

Anyone know where the fourth one is hiding?

Brian IMG_6049 (resized).JPGBrian IMG_6049 (resized).JPG
#1568 2 years ago
d6aae91dea422acfa6fcb8c402ed5e4b2c9c8ba6 (resized).jpgd6aae91dea422acfa6fcb8c402ed5e4b2c9c8ba6 (resized).jpg
#1569 2 years ago

Behind the cup handle. Thanks, I see where that goes now.

#1570 2 years ago

Hey guys I noticed my spinner stopped adding points last night, I pulled playfield and it doesn’t look like the switch is attached to the wire arm and I can’t figure out how it attaches. Help?

7859F520-E90D-4A55-B010-805373036F13 (resized).jpeg7859F520-E90D-4A55-B010-805373036F13 (resized).jpeg
#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Hey guys I noticed my spinner stopped adding points last night, I pulled playfield and it doesn’t look like the switch is attached to the wire arm and I can’t figure out how it attaches. Help?
[quoted image]

Took a picture of mine. The wire just hooks through a hole in the switch blade.

BE1612A5-1B18-4509-B822-91846C0930EF (resized).jpegBE1612A5-1B18-4509-B822-91846C0930EF (resized).jpeg
#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Took a picture of mine. The wire just hooks through a hole in the switch blade.[quoted image]

Thank you, now I have to figure out how the heck mine got disconnected in the first place.

#1573 2 years ago

Has anyone rolled over their score on a game? Like more than 99,999,999 points?

I did that in a game tonight and was surprised at what happened. It didn't give me credit for it!!

I noticed during one of my last balls that I was nearing 99 million. At 10% tip bonus at the end of the ball, I knew I got there so I let up a little. Seeing my score displayed as 5 million or so as that ball ended and then when the bonus came, it only calculated the 10% tip on the 5 million and not 105 million. Crap.

I think I had one last ball after that and same thing. Finished the game at 10 million on the scoreboard... and that was it. Match thing happened and nothing more. Never even got my name in for Grand Champion because it thought it was 10 million and not 110 million. Bummer.

Was there a code update that fixed this scoring glitch? I've rolled over the score on my Funhouse once before but it kept the score. It displayed 09 million while the game was still on but gave me my 109 million for Grand Champion. No such luck with Diner tonight. Awesome game though, wow, had the flow going for sure.

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Yeah, we all have this problem.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I did that in a game tonight and was surprised at what happened. It didn't give me credit for it!!
I noticed during one of my last balls that I was nearing 99 million. At 10% tip bonus at the end of the ball, I knew I got there so I let up a little. Seeing my score displayed as 5 million or so as that ball ended and then when the bonus came, it only calculated the 10% tip on the 5 million and not 105 million. Crap.
I think I had one last ball after that and same thing. Finished the game at 10 million on the scoreboard... and that was it. Match thing happened and nothing more. Never even got my name in for Grand Champion because it thought it was 10 million and not 110 million. Bummer.
Was there a code update that fixed this scoring glitch? I've rolled over the score on my Funhouse once before but it kept the score. It displayed 09 million while the game was still on but gave me my 109 million for Grand Champion. No such luck with Diner tonight. Awesome game though, wow, had the flow going for sure.

Put the glass back on it...

#1576 2 years ago

Are there new Diner playfields available for sale anywhere?

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Not until CPR makes s few more.

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Not until CPR makes s few more.

Or a Hardtop gets made.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I have a CPR silver but it would take A LOT to pry it off my hands!

10FC7D0B-1027-455C-BBA5-707D5DEC95F7 (resized).jpeg10FC7D0B-1027-455C-BBA5-707D5DEC95F7 (resized).jpegFDEBBE56-24E4-4D1B-9362-617F9B86E161 (resized).jpegFDEBBE56-24E4-4D1B-9362-617F9B86E161 (resized).jpeg

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My CPR gold is going in my game.

I would sell my old one but like so many others, its a piece of crap.

#1581 2 years ago

Actually the one in my game isn’t that bad! Will sell it if/when I do a full restore.

#1582 2 years ago

Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm new to researching replacement playfields, so not sure what gold and silver designate? Thickness of clearcoat or something like that? I assume they all have the same artwork and mounting holes and whatnot.

Not yours in particular, but what would these cost if/when CPR has them for sale? Are we talking $1,000 USD for a playfield that hasn't become super rare and hard to find?

#1583 2 years ago

It will no longer be a piece of crap when someone will be able to install a Hardtop on it. Oh, it will happen.

#1584 2 years ago

This is how you fix the volume control a friend of mine Mike showed me about this easy fix last night. desolder the ground from the volume control and resolder it to the bottom leg it by passes the resistor.. it takes five minutes I’ve included pictures before and after, easy peazy.. This works on other games also.. Williams did that on purpose did this on purpose so the game would be heard and stand out, but i found it annoying and too loud. I remember the lady I bought it from they had it in their restaurant and the customers complained it was too loud and pulled it out of the restaurant and put it into storage..

95FD0FFF-3135-4A6B-95D3-F25A55997296 (resized).jpeg95FD0FFF-3135-4A6B-95D3-F25A55997296 (resized).jpegA86D2E2E-FBF2-4BA4-AB04-C2CC6909E6F0 (resized).jpegA86D2E2E-FBF2-4BA4-AB04-C2CC6909E6F0 (resized).jpeg
#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from Robb63:

This is how you fix the volume control a friend of mine Mike showed me about this easy fix last night. desolder the ground from the volume control and resolder it to the bottom leg it by passes the resistor.. it takes five minutes I’ve included pictures before and after, easy peazy.. This works on other games also.. Williams did that on purpose did this on purpose so the game would be heard and stand out, but i found it annoying and too loud. I remember the lady I bought it from they had it in their restaurant and the customers complained it was too loud and pulled it out of the restaurant and put it into storage..

My game is not too loud, the volume control works well enough from the factory.
I can turn it way down low.

#1586 2 years ago

It truly is a work of art! And it also has the DINER letters on the wood

B274ADD9-7D74-4CE3-A466-83ACE0D03A08 (resized).jpegB274ADD9-7D74-4CE3-A466-83ACE0D03A08 (resized).jpeg

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It truly is a work of art! And it also has the DINER letters on the wood
[quoted image]

CPR did an amazing job on these!

It took 7 years of waiting, but they are perfect.

I wish they would have made more as it was a pretty short run that sold out immediately.

Maybe they will run another batch.

#1588 2 years ago

CPR did an amazing job on these!
It took 7 years of waiting, but they are perfect.
I wish they would have made more as it was a pretty short run that sold out immediately.
Maybe they will run another batch.

If CPR runs these again, they won't be the same as original screen printed version. Everything is digital now. I have a gold CPR playfield in the closet. Absolute work of art.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If CPR runs these again, they won't be the same as original screen printed version. Everything is digital now. I have a gold CPR playfield in the closet. Absolute work of art.

I agree.

But at least there may be parts available.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Would digital be better?

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would digital be better?

It looks different.

All new playfields are basically printed with a computer printer.

They look great but lack the depth you can get on a multi screen process.

Both styles can have errors and poor registration.

There are pro's and con's to each process.

Both styles however look great to me.

Plastics that are digitally printed look more washed out as the ink is much thinner.

Old NOS screen printed plastics can look better than the new digital repros.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would digital be better?

I can't say.

I've bought a bunch of playfields from CPR though the years, but I haven't bought any since they switched over to digital.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can't say.
I've bought a bunch of playfields from CPR though the years, but I haven't bought any since they switched over to digital.

Mirco is 100% digital.

The new games look amazing.

You can do a lot more with digital print.

Some say it lacks authenticity and want hand drawn art.

I like them regardless.

Clearcoat curing times, primer formulas and general clearcoat issues is another thing altogether, these days.

But the printing looks great.

#1594 2 years ago

How are you guys storing your playfields? Out open air? Packaged? Laying flat on the floor?

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How are you guys storing your playfields? Out open air? Packaged? Laying flat on the floor?

Flat on a shelf for me.

Hanging on a wall is ok but, they can warp unless screwed to endgrain wood edges.

#1596 2 years ago

Flat on a shelf for me.
Hanging on a wall is ok but, they can warp unless screwed to endgrain wood edges.

Do you have yours open air?

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you have yours open air?

its on a 24" shelf to lay flat.

#1598 2 years ago

What is a hard top?

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would digital be better?

According to CPR when they ran these, they would not be able to exactly match the neon orange in digital format. If there is a difference, it will likely be the colors. I waited years on the silkscreen list and got no notification. They sold out. Then they had an Ebay sale for some of their personal collection. These were pulled off the line without the rating system. I paid a king's ransom for mine and had it sent to Kruzman. Its beautiful now.

20210407_132740 (resized).jpg20210407_132740 (resized).jpg20210407_132854 (resized).jpg20210407_132854 (resized).jpg20210407_132907 (resized).jpg20210407_132907 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.