(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg

There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 41.
#1101 4 years ago

I am still interested in one. I spend more on leds on most machines, so this seems worthwhile for me. When will they be for sale?

For anyone willing to experiment I RetroBrited my current cup. Since the yellowing is throughout and the RetroBrite can only really affect the surface you cannot fully cure the yellowing. Still, it removed probably 75-80% of the yellow, which might satisfy most people. I did the liquid style, dunked the cup and set it outside in the bright sun for about 3 hours.

#1102 4 years ago

right now. pm me
thank you for understanding

#1103 4 years ago

I get all that kudus for making them but in 5 or 10 years are you going to have a cup for some guy that needs one? With the injection mold build we were going to do would provide A infinite amount of product for many years to come. We were so close to starting the build with PO in hand and design done. Materials would of been ordered next week and molds would be complete in 6-8 weeks

#1104 4 years ago

Actually Yes I will, I had to guarantee a good amount and I am sure I will have them on the shelf along with all the other hard to find stuff
I have collected over the last 30 yrs.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

I am sorry some people feel this is expensive but the original guy who started this thread is a great guy was gonna make them with a friend in his garage and did not realized what it was gonna take in time, material costs etc. he was just trying to take a educated guess and really didnt want to do them and was fed up because no body was doing it and I was in the same boat .So I called him and let him know I had things in motion already and he was happy . I can promise you I am not getting Rich of these cups. I wanted to make these for cheaper but it didnt happen that way most companies dont even want to get involved with such little jobs. These cups are molded and are exact replicas that just take more time. To injection mold, the mold is I was quoted 15 to 25,000 and yes you can sell them for 75.00 so 2 things you have to look at 1 how many diner pins are left and 2 how long do you think its gonna take to get your return on investment back. Rick/ pps are smart business people and realize that as well as I did. so I opted to go with less set up costs which is still thousands and a higher price per part so I could get this done because i believe your only gonna sell maybe 100 of these parts
Everything is more expensive these days and you can't get things done for 59 dollars. if we could go back in time we would all buy the top shelf pinball machines of 2 to 3 grand.
hope this helps Explanation for th diner owners. I just wanted one for myself and to help other diner owners

For a short run, i dont think the price is that bad.

$165 would be better imho...

In fact $195 is also ok if not pretty good.

Some silly mods are $250.

If I didn't have an original unobtanium NIB crystal clear one that has never seen the light if day, I would immediately buy this.

I spent $800 on a playfield, $200 for a main showpiece is nothing.

I also agree that decals should be included for the price. They are inexpensive and might fit the budget.

Rick might cut some slack on this.

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I get all that kudus for making them but in 5 or 10 years are you going to have a cup for some guy that needs one? With the injection mold build we were going to do would provide A infinite amount of product for many years to come. We were so close to starting the build with PO in hand and design done. Materials would of been ordered next week and molds would be complete in 6-8 weeks

Its still possible to go forward.

Machine shops all over shenzhen are waiting for your business.

I think the $15k price can be met if not lowered.

#1107 4 years ago

hi
if I could work out a deal with rick on the decals I absolutely would love to include them
marco has decals I think for 25.00
but I just wanted to start with rhe cup because I knew the cup was the hard part and for YEARS people said they were gonna get made and it just didn't happen so I didnt want to wait anymore. whats funny is guys will spend 200 on leds, 800-1000 on playfields hundreds on ramps. but I make a unobtainable cup for 195 and some people are happy. Again sorry there a little expensive but that is what the current production costs are. I must say
plenty of people contacted me and bought them and I thank them for understanding.

#1108 4 years ago

Well I am Glad to Announce that I spoke to Rick @ Planatary this Evening and We had a Really Nice Conversation. We have come to agreement on the decals for the Cup and he gave me the go ahead to have them made
So I can Now include them With the Purchase of the Cup at No Extra Charge. He will Not be making these Cups because I already have and he will be concentrating on other Projects
he wants to get done for the Pinball Community. I Just want to say thank you again to Rick !!!
Hope adding these will help some of people feel they are getting a little more Value for there Purchase.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Well I am Glad to Announce that I spoke to Rick @ Planatary this Evening and We had a Really Nice Conversation. We have come to agreement on the decals for the Cup and he gave me the go ahead to have them made
So I can Now include them With the Purchase of the Cup at No Extra Charge. He will Not be making these Cups because I already have and he will be concentrating on other Projects
he wants to get done for the Pinball Community. I Just want to say thank you again to Rick !!!
Hope adding these will help some of people feel they are getting a little more Value for there Purchase.

This is just Awesome!
Great news!

#1111 4 years ago

Hey all. Just joined the club a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a problem with the subway kick out. It's a tough mech to see what is going on while it's struggling because the game needs to be down in playing position for it to work. It sounds like the ball is just not shooting straight. A couple of times the ball has even gotten stuck on the left side between the wireform and the playfield. Has anyone had similar issues? Anything I should be looking for? The mech doesn't seem to be bent or anything. Thanks!

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hey all. Just joined the club a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a problem with the subway kick out. It's a tough mech to see what is going on while it's struggling because the game needs to be down in playing position for it to work. It sounds like the ball is just not shooting straight. A couple of times the ball has even gotten stuck on the left side between the wireform and the playfield. Has anyone had similar issues? Anything I should be looking for? The mech doesn't seem to be bent or anything. Thanks!

Time to pull it apart, clean,tighten and investigate.

#1113 4 years ago

I just installed this magnetic switch from Matt. (Pinsider @sonic)

Its easy to install, super sensitive and works like a dream!

Its not electronic. It won't wear out.

No more dead spins!

It took about 10 mins to install.

No cup or back panel removal.

I didn't even remove the old switch.

I stongly encourage diner owners to install it.

Its eay better than the old mechanical switch and way more accurate.
20200211_142012 (resized).jpg20200211_142012 (resized).jpg

Zoom into the pic and its the black rubber/plastic looking thing to the left of the cup switch hole.

#1114 4 years ago

Wow Awesome !!!!

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Wow Awesome !!!!

I was surprised how well it worked thru the plastic.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I was surprised how well it worked thru the plastic.

Magnets are strong.

#1117 4 years ago

I have the Sonic MRS switch for my CFTBL - it’s a literal game changer. Looking forward to putting one on my brand new Diner coffee cup (which I’m installing on my new playfield)!

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I have the sonic MRS switch for my CFTBL - it’s a literal game changer. Looking forward to putting one on my brand new Diner coffee cup (which I’m installing on my new playfield)!

Im impressed by it.
I agree, we put 10 games on it and the scores were millions higher.
My switch misses all the time.

With this, I didnt have to spend 3 hours and pull the playfield to fix a switch.

#1119 4 years ago

Im impressed by it.
I agree, we put 10 games on it and the scores were millions higher.
My switch misses all the time.
With this, I didnt have to spend 3 hours and pull the playfield to fix a switch.

Is there a link to where I can buy one of those switches?

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Is there a link to where I can buy one of those switches?

Just PM me!

#1121 4 years ago

I'm working on my PF swap. After moving the harnesses onto the new PF I found this yellow wire dangling from the switch for the skill shot saucer. I looked at the switch matrix in the manual and since this switch and the switch for the ball lock saucer are in the same column, I'm thinking this bit of wire is supposed to bridge between the two switches. Is that correct?

IMG_2564 (resized).jpgIMG_2564 (resized).jpg
#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I'm working on my PF swap. After moving the harnesses onto the new PF I found this yellow wire dangling from the switch for the skill shot saucer. I looked at the switch matrix in the manual and since this switch and the switch for the ball lock saucer are in the same column, I'm thinking this bit of wire is supposed to bridge between the two switches. Is that correct?[quoted image]

You should be able to see the little nib on the lug that the wire came off of to verify the schematic.

I can see a broken off end in the picture of the lug above your thumb.

Something was there?

#1123 4 years ago

I think that was actually this bit of yellow wire - it was hanging by a thread from the lug so I just went ahead and removed it. (I stuck it through the hole in the lug just for the photo - I will solder it back on once I figure out where the other end is supposed to go.) I'm thinking the other end goes to the same lug on the ball-lock switch since both switches are in the "green-violet" column on the switch matrix. (See the green-violet wires attached to the ball-lock switch to the left of my hand in the photo.) But I am a novice at reading switch diagrams so I wanted to see if anyone could confirm that I'm correct before I get out the soldering iron.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I think that was actually this bit of yellow wire - it was hanging by a thread from the lug so I just went ahead and removed it. (I stuck it through the hole in the lug just for the photo - I will solder it back on once I figure out where the other end is supposed to go.) I'm thinking the other end goes to the same lug on the ball-lock switch since both switches are in the "green-violet" column on the switch matrix. (See the green-violet wires attached to the ball-lock switch to the left of my hand in the photo.) But I am a novice at reading switch diagrams so I wanted to see if anyone could confirm that I'm correct before I get out the soldering iron.

When i see this on a game, the length of the wire limits where it came from.

Install the switch and see what likely contacts are near by with broken nibs on them.

It should be readily apparent.

#1125 4 years ago

1st customer cup installed and it looks great. Nice job Joe (shiffdog) Your resto is coming out Nice !!!

20200212_121932 (resized).jpg20200212_121932 (resized).jpg
#1126 4 years ago

When i see this on a game, the length of the wire limits where it came from.
Install the switch and see what likely contacts are near by with broken nibs on them.
It should be readily apparent.

Thanks - the length of the wire is another reason why I was thinking it must go to the ball-lock switch. I guess I'll go with that and see what happens.

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

1st customer cup installed and it looks great. Nice job Joe (shiffdog) Your resto is coming out Nice !!![quoted image]

Thanks - worth the money in my opinion. Really a no-brainer for me given that I'm installing a new PF and new plastics. The old cup looked ridiculous with the new saucer plastic!

#1128 4 years ago

I got one of the last ones Rick was selling a few years ago and it looked pretty bad. Cloudy and looked like it was made with a 3d printer. These look fantastic.

#1129 4 years ago

So I put my phone into the body of the pin looking up at my irksome subway kick out. Turns out the previous owner must have installed the incorrect switch. When the ball entered the wireframe from the scoop it would get caught on a switch wire that was sticking way up into the wireframe so the ball never would properly get struck by the plunger. Anyway I tried bending the switch down and out of the way and ended up breaking the wire off. Game works great now but I'm wondering why there is two switches on that mech anyway. Seems like only one is necessary.

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So I put my phone into the body of the pin looking up at my irksome subway kick out. Turns out the previous owner must have installed the incorrect switch. When the ball entered the wireframe from the scoop it would get caught on a switch wire that was sticking way up into the wireframe so the ball never would properly get struck by the plunger. Anyway I tried bending the switch down and out of the way and ended up breaking the wire off. Game works great now but I'm wondering why there is two switches on that mech anyway. Seems like only one is necessary.

Make it match the assembly in the manual.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think there are two so the game can see both balls if they ever land there. However, still not sure why it matters.

#1132 4 years ago

I have seen the replacement cup and its great quality, I have dealt with Mike before and he is a stand up guy. Buy with confidence.

#1133 4 years ago

Mine arrived today and it looks amazing. Really appreciate Mike doing this.

#1134 4 years ago

Another happy guy, looks great !!!

20200213_204041 (resized).jpg20200213_204041 (resized).jpg
#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Another happy guy, looks great !!![quoted image]

Thats beautiful!

#1136 4 years ago

Looks Great Mike.

#1137 4 years ago

Next batch shipping out this week
What a difference !!!

20200215_181915 (resized).jpg20200215_181915 (resized).jpg
#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Next batch shipping out this week
What a difference !!![quoted image]

Wow those look great. I need to save my pennies quick

#1139 4 years ago

Looks stained by Coffee.....LOL

#1140 4 years ago

I'm going to be moving over to making some ramp MRS' for a while as well as delving into a Taxi MRS for the spinout bowl....that said, I have one Diner MRS left on the bench if someone wants it....just PM me....

2 weeks later
#1141 4 years ago

Brand new happy owner of a Diner!
Mike, how can I order a cup from you?

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Brand new happy owner of a Diner!
Mike, how can I order a cup from you?

Get the MRS switch for the cup.
Its really worth it.

#1143 4 years ago

will do, thx
Anyone knows where to get nice decals for the drop targets? Not a huge fan of the ones I found on ebay

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

will do, thx
Anyone knows where to get nice decals for the drop targets? Not a huge fan of the ones I found on ebay

Most of the offerings are terrible.

PDI has a pretty good set that matches well.

https://www.pinballdecals.com/DinerTargetDecalsPage.html

#1145 4 years ago

Most of the offerings are terrible.
PDI has a pretty good set that matches well.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/DinerTargetDecalsPage.html

Awesome! What I was looking for. Thanks!

1 week later
#1146 4 years ago

Diner Cups are back in stock if anyone needs
195.00+ shipping includes cup decal

20200316_213758 (resized).jpg20200316_213758 (resized).jpg20200316_213857 (resized).jpg20200316_213857 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1147 3 years ago

I recently purchased one of Mike's Diner cups for my machine that I recently picked up and was doing a full top side tear down on. The original was yellowed pretty bad. The new one looks amazing! Thanks again Mike.

diner-cup (resized).jpgdiner-cup (resized).jpg
#1148 3 years ago

Finished restoring my diner..
Restored diamont plate playfield!
Translite on glass!
Very happy with the result!

252F47B6-1EB4-4E80-B24B-6CB74382AEBB (resized).jpeg252F47B6-1EB4-4E80-B24B-6CB74382AEBB (resized).jpeg7C89D481-ED76-4510-B1BD-E6771E6F4ABF (resized).jpeg7C89D481-ED76-4510-B1BD-E6771E6F4ABF (resized).jpeg7D41F62C-DDFA-490E-9266-B5872E22FE60 (resized).jpeg7D41F62C-DDFA-490E-9266-B5872E22FE60 (resized).jpeg8F79EAF3-B523-4357-9574-4D4524611DE3 (resized).jpeg8F79EAF3-B523-4357-9574-4D4524611DE3 (resized).jpegC4A1A68C-6249-4036-B482-D3D4F4ECE0FB (resized).jpegC4A1A68C-6249-4036-B482-D3D4F4ECE0FB (resized).jpegDA1435AC-5F5D-4DCF-9EF1-922A0224D290 (resized).jpegDA1435AC-5F5D-4DCF-9EF1-922A0224D290 (resized).jpegE7A085B0-712B-4172-8E1A-65BE2CF18687 (resized).jpegE7A085B0-712B-4172-8E1A-65BE2CF18687 (resized).jpeg
#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Finished restoring my diner..
Restored diamont plate playfield!
Translite on glass!
Very happy with the result![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really perfect! Great job.

#1150 3 years ago

Beautiful job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.