(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by vbobrusev
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_64563_1 (resized).jpg
image_64550_1-1 (resized).jpg
FC94E10E-A4B3-44CD-9671-4ED53535489F (resized).jpeg
813F3305-BCCD-4B07-97D8-D01BC77E1037 (resized).jpeg
757C359F-B985-4443-92D5-3BD9F469A340 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 13.50.22 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2566E351-0007-463D-AABF-A217A75A7D29 (resized).jpeg
97005EFF-C286-4F14-99BB-4BA12266A926 (resized).jpeg
cup (resized).jpg
Insert (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191011-005806~2 (resized).png
Message_1570765764341 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765733244 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765790728 (resized).jpg
Message_1570765838246 (resized).jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 49 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

The metal flap in the shooter lane on my Diner is pretty badly corroded. I imagine this is a common problem - is there a way to improve the look of it (as I start on my CPR swap)? Or is there a source for a replacement? I see that Pinbits lists that part on their site but no longer has them in stock.

sand it buff it and put gun bluing on it.

or just make a new flap out of metal stock from pinrestore.

#1052 46 days ago

Hi everyone! I have a Diner that I have a question on. The diverter on the right ramp never moves during game play. The coil fires in test mode and will move the diverter one way. What causes the diverter to move back after the coil releases? Is there supposed to be a spring?

Thank you!

#1053 46 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Bob:

Hi everyone! I have a Diner that I have a question on. The diverter on the right ramp never moves during game play. The coil fires in test mode and will move the diverter one way. What causes the diverter to move back after the coil releases? Is there supposed to be a spring?
Thank you!

Check the mech against the diagram in the manual.

#1054 43 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

or just make a new flap out of metal stock from pinrestore.

Thanks - I’ve ordered a sheet of spring steel from Pinrestore and will cut out a new flap.

#1055 43 days ago

I’m swapping over the star posts along the left side of the playfield, and finding that the new CPR playfield has a slightly different configuration of holes (and one fewer hole) than my original. Based on the diagram in the manual it looks like the new playfield is correct and a previous owner may have added an extra post to the original PF for some reason. How does this compare to others’ machines?

2566E351-0007-463D-AABF-A217A75A7D29 (resized).jpeg97005EFF-C286-4F14-99BB-4BA12266A926 (resized).jpeg
#1056 43 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Bob:

Thank you!

The plunger has a spring on it. I bought one from Marco when I restored mine.

#1057 43 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I’m swapping over the star posts along the left side of the playfield, and finding that the new CPR playfield has a slightly different configuration of holes (and one fewer hole) than my original. Based on the diagram in the manual it looks like the new playfield is correct and a previous owner may have added an extra post to the original PF for some reason. How does this compare to others’ machines?[quoted image][quoted image]

That's different than mine.

Mine has a star post behind the iced tea target, a star post behind the french fries target, and a regular (non star) post behind the root beer. 3 total. Then 3 more for the lower rubber. Yours has an extra star post.

On mine, the screw that sticks up above the plastic is connects to the lower rubber, where yours is connected to the upper rubber.

To make your look more like mine, you'd have to:
Move the upper rubber to end at the non-star post.
Move the lower rubber to end at the star post that goes through the plastic.
Remove the star post you have underneath the yellow square on the plastic.

#1058 43 days ago
Quoted from tstone:

That's different than mine.
Mine has a star post behind the iced tea target, a star post behind the french fries target, and a regular (non star) post behind the root beer. 3 total. Then 3 more for the lower rubber. Yours has an extra star post.
On mine, the screw that sticks up above the plastic is connects to the lower rubber, where yours is connected to the upper rubber.
To make your look more like mine, you'd have to:
Move the upper rubber to end at the non-star post.
Move the lower rubber to end at the star post that goes through the plastic.
Remove the star post you have underneath the yellow square on the plastic.

Thanks! That makes sense - your description is exactly how the holes are cut on the new CPR playfield. I wonder why someone added that extra post to the original PF.

#1059 43 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Thanks! That makes sense - your description is exactly how the holes are cut on the new CPR playfield. I wonder why someone added that extra post to the original PF.

It depends. An op may have added it if there was a constant ball hang up. An extra post would help ensure the hang-up didn't happen and that the game would run and play longer.

#1060 42 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The plunger has a spring on it. I bought one from Marco when I restored mine.

Thank you for confirming that. The diagram in the manual that I have for the game does not show a spring. i actually found the spring loose in the game and installed it. Now it works fine.

Bob

#1061 41 days ago

I have an original cup +sticker if someone else is cracked or broken. Mine is somewhat yellowed. The left one. PM me.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1062 40 days ago

Where did you get the one on the right?

1 week later
#1063 32 days ago

Working on repro plastic set for Diner pinball. Who knows where used this two parts?
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 13.50.22 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1064 18 days ago

Okay- apologize in advance if this has been covered but searching hasn't gotten me anywhere. I just finished doing a full restore on my Diner, including updating the roms from the v2 that was on to what I'm guessing is the final release of v4 that I found on Planetary's site. What's confusing me is I played a Diner at Expo in Chicago and it had different sounds - specifically when you'd finish getting the food for one of the characters - it would say "order up" and Pepe had speech when waiting for his food. Mine does neither of those things. Thoughts/suggestions?

#1065 18 days ago

I might be falling into this machine. Found an operator that doesn’t want their’s and is working on a deal with me (might just let me haul it away to get it out of his business (an actual diner)). Gonna need some minor work for basic maintenance. Never played this game so hopefully I like it!

#1066 18 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

hopefully I like it!

Looking at your collection and wishlist. You will love it! One of the top sys11 games.

#1067 18 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Looking at your collection and wishlist. You will love it! One of the top sys11 games.

I definitely like most system 11s I’ve played so I’m looking forward to the opportunity

#1068 18 days ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Working on repro plastic set for Diner pinball. Who knows where used this two parts?
[quoted image]

Both are in the upper left corner.

757C359F-B985-4443-92D5-3BD9F469A340 (resized).jpeg813F3305-BCCD-4B07-97D8-D01BC77E1037 (resized).jpeg
#1069 18 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Both are in the upper left corner.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, i found clear plastic but didnt found with print in my machine. Able somebody to to few plastic scans?

1 week later
#1070 9 days ago

What do you Diner owners think of this. Still talking to the guy about this Diner I’m looking at. I have the opportunity to get a working Pinbot for around $1300. If I do this however it’s going to cause me to miss out on a Diner in similar or better shape and it would be priced similar or less for the Diner. If you had the option to pick up a working Diner or a working Pinbot ( we will just call it $1300 for both machines) and money was a limiting factor. Which would it be? Pinbot is 10 hours away and Diner is only 1. Seems like an easy choice but I’m really on the fence as Pinbot is one on my wishlist and I’ve never played a Diner

#1071 9 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

What do you Diner owners think of this. Still talking to the guy about this Diner I’m looking at. I have the opportunity to get a working Pinbot for around $1300. If I do this however it’s going to cause me to miss out on a Diner in similar or better shape and it would be priced similar or less for the Diner. If you had the option to pick up a working Diner or a working Pinbot ( we will just call it $1300 for both machines) and money was a limiting factor. Which would it be? Pinbot is 10 hours away and Diner is only 1. Seems like an easy choice but I’m really on the fence as Pinbot is one on my wishlist and I’ve never played a Diner

I would say Diner. I really like Pinbot, but I think it’s easier to find. A Diner for that price is a good get.

#1072 9 days ago

Diner all day.

#1073 9 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I would say Diner. I really like Pinbot, but I think it’s easier to find. A Diner for that price is a good get.

This was my thought as well. There’s 3 pinbot on our marketplace alone right now but I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a Diner. My biggest hesitation is I’ve never played a Diner so my fear would be getting it and not caring for some aspect of it. I guess that’s lower risk though because there’s many people that want this title and I could probably spin it for something I do like a little down the road.

#1074 9 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Diner is a better game in my opinion.
Its brutal yet rewarding.
Simple in concept, yet challenging enough for experienced players.

I have mine at work and play it daily. Its the perfect short to medium play game as far as ball times.
I think they are way under valued and due to the limited run, fairly collectible.

I can get a pinbot anywhere, any time.

A working diner that has all the original parts is hard to find.

#1075 9 days ago

If the Diner really is in as good or better shape than the Pinbot, then you're getting at least a $500-700 discount on the Diner. I'd grab it quick.

#1076 6 days ago

Made custom decals for my diner. What do you think?
FC94E10E-A4B3-44CD-9671-4ED53535489F (resized).jpeg

#1077 6 days ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Made custom decals for my diner. What do you think?
[quoted image]

Those look great!

#1078 5 days ago

So as some of you may or may not know my company has worked with PPS restoring older molds to bring parts back to life and to the market place. We both thought we had located the original diner cup molds but after many months of E mails, phone calls and sorting through inventory files we and the old molding company have come to terms that the molds have been lost to time. Sad because we actually found pictures of the molds.
So the good news, We have found the original drawings and I already have made 3D solid model files of it, AND I just received a PO from PPS for a new mold build for the cup!
New parts coming soon people! We are also taking suggestions for any other colors to be ran other than clear.

#1079 5 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

So as some of you may or may not know my company has worked with PPS restoring older molds to bring parts back to life and to the market place. We both thought we had located the original diner cup molds but after many months of E mails, phone calls and sorting through inventory files we and the old molding company have come to terms that the molds have been lost to time. Sad because we actually found pictures of the molds.
So the good news, We have found the original drawings and I already have made 3D solid model files of it, AND I just received a PO from PPS for a new mold build for the cup!
New parts coming soon people! We are also taking suggestions for any other colors to be ran other than clear.

Wow! Amazing!

#1080 5 days ago

Excellent news!!
Clear and white please.
*yes I know I could paint the old one,but I’d rather a new one in white already done*

#1081 5 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Wow, that’s awesome, really looking forward to this.

#1082 5 days ago

Polycarbonate is the normal blend and we can do transparent colors. White would have to be in abs or a nylon. I will check with the molder on that but very possible can do.

#1083 5 days ago

This is amazing new Looking forward to being able to complete my Diner restoration. Please keep us updated with the progress.

#1084 5 days ago

Nice! I will be looking for the release of the cup. Restored my Diner, but my cup is yellowed.

#1085 5 days ago

Amazing, have been waiting on this news! A lot of very happy Diner fans today.

Clear obv, but transparent orange would also sit very well with the neon orange highlights on the plastics.

Definately not transparent yellow

#1086 18 hours ago

I've thought that the cup should be solid white for decades; very nice looking work by some folks on this thread, but I too would be very keen on having a solid molded white cup.
This is great news, thanks for staying on it! You're doing us all a huge favor.

#1087 18 hours ago

I might be in for a clear cup. I think white looks nice, but I'd miss seeing the ball go around and around!

#1088 12 hours ago

Hi! Somebody able to do scans of this plastics in natural size?
image_64550_1-1 (resized).jpg
image_64563_1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside