(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 41.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

The metal flap in the shooter lane on my Diner is pretty badly corroded. I imagine this is a common problem - is there a way to improve the look of it (as I start on my CPR swap)? Or is there a source for a replacement? I see that Pinbits lists that part on their site but no longer has them in stock.

sand it buff it and put gun bluing on it.

or just make a new flap out of metal stock from pinrestore.

#1052 4 years ago

Hi everyone! I have a Diner that I have a question on. The diverter on the right ramp never moves during game play. The coil fires in test mode and will move the diverter one way. What causes the diverter to move back after the coil releases? Is there supposed to be a spring?

Thank you!

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Bob:

Hi everyone! I have a Diner that I have a question on. The diverter on the right ramp never moves during game play. The coil fires in test mode and will move the diverter one way. What causes the diverter to move back after the coil releases? Is there supposed to be a spring?
Thank you!

Check the mech against the diagram in the manual.

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

or just make a new flap out of metal stock from pinrestore.

Thanks - I’ve ordered a sheet of spring steel from Pinrestore and will cut out a new flap.

#1055 4 years ago

I’m swapping over the star posts along the left side of the playfield, and finding that the new CPR playfield has a slightly different configuration of holes (and one fewer hole) than my original. Based on the diagram in the manual it looks like the new playfield is correct and a previous owner may have added an extra post to the original PF for some reason. How does this compare to others’ machines?

2566E351-0007-463D-AABF-A217A75A7D29 (resized).jpeg2566E351-0007-463D-AABF-A217A75A7D29 (resized).jpeg97005EFF-C286-4F14-99BB-4BA12266A926 (resized).jpeg97005EFF-C286-4F14-99BB-4BA12266A926 (resized).jpeg
#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Bob:

Thank you!

The plunger has a spring on it. I bought one from Marco when I restored mine.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I’m swapping over the star posts along the left side of the playfield, and finding that the new CPR playfield has a slightly different configuration of holes (and one fewer hole) than my original. Based on the diagram in the manual it looks like the new playfield is correct and a previous owner may have added an extra post to the original PF for some reason. How does this compare to others’ machines?[quoted image][quoted image]

That's different than mine.

Mine has a star post behind the iced tea target, a star post behind the french fries target, and a regular (non star) post behind the root beer. 3 total. Then 3 more for the lower rubber. Yours has an extra star post.

On mine, the screw that sticks up above the plastic is connects to the lower rubber, where yours is connected to the upper rubber.

To make your look more like mine, you'd have to:
Move the upper rubber to end at the non-star post.
Move the lower rubber to end at the star post that goes through the plastic.
Remove the star post you have underneath the yellow square on the plastic.

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

That's different than mine.
Mine has a star post behind the iced tea target, a star post behind the french fries target, and a regular (non star) post behind the root beer. 3 total. Then 3 more for the lower rubber. Yours has an extra star post.
On mine, the screw that sticks up above the plastic is connects to the lower rubber, where yours is connected to the upper rubber.
To make your look more like mine, you'd have to:
Move the upper rubber to end at the non-star post.
Move the lower rubber to end at the star post that goes through the plastic.
Remove the star post you have underneath the yellow square on the plastic.

Thanks! That makes sense - your description is exactly how the holes are cut on the new CPR playfield. I wonder why someone added that extra post to the original PF.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Thanks! That makes sense - your description is exactly how the holes are cut on the new CPR playfield. I wonder why someone added that extra post to the original PF.

It depends. An op may have added it if there was a constant ball hang up. An extra post would help ensure the hang-up didn't happen and that the game would run and play longer.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The plunger has a spring on it. I bought one from Marco when I restored mine.

Thank you for confirming that. The diagram in the manual that I have for the game does not show a spring. i actually found the spring loose in the game and installed it. Now it works fine.

Bob

#1061 4 years ago

I have an original cup +sticker if someone else is cracked or broken. Mine is somewhat yellowed. The left one. PM me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1062 4 years ago

Where did you get the one on the right?

1 week later
#1063 4 years ago

Working on repro plastic set for Diner pinball. Who knows where used this two parts?
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 13.50.22 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-12-22 at 13.50.22 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1064 4 years ago

Okay- apologize in advance if this has been covered but searching hasn't gotten me anywhere. I just finished doing a full restore on my Diner, including updating the roms from the v2 that was on to what I'm guessing is the final release of v4 that I found on Planetary's site. What's confusing me is I played a Diner at Expo in Chicago and it had different sounds - specifically when you'd finish getting the food for one of the characters - it would say "order up" and Pepe had speech when waiting for his food. Mine does neither of those things. Thoughts/suggestions?

#1065 4 years ago

I might be falling into this machine. Found an operator that doesn’t want their’s and is working on a deal with me (might just let me haul it away to get it out of his business (an actual diner)). Gonna need some minor work for basic maintenance. Never played this game so hopefully I like it!

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

hopefully I like it!

Looking at your collection and wishlist. You will love it! One of the top sys11 games.

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Looking at your collection and wishlist. You will love it! One of the top sys11 games.

I definitely like most system 11s I’ve played so I’m looking forward to the opportunity

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Working on repro plastic set for Diner pinball. Who knows where used this two parts?
[quoted image]

Both are in the upper left corner.

757C359F-B985-4443-92D5-3BD9F469A340 (resized).jpeg757C359F-B985-4443-92D5-3BD9F469A340 (resized).jpeg813F3305-BCCD-4B07-97D8-D01BC77E1037 (resized).jpeg813F3305-BCCD-4B07-97D8-D01BC77E1037 (resized).jpeg
#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Both are in the upper left corner.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, i found clear plastic but didnt found with print in my machine. Able somebody to to few plastic scans?

1 week later
#1070 4 years ago

What do you Diner owners think of this. Still talking to the guy about this Diner I’m looking at. I have the opportunity to get a working Pinbot for around $1300. If I do this however it’s going to cause me to miss out on a Diner in similar or better shape and it would be priced similar or less for the Diner. If you had the option to pick up a working Diner or a working Pinbot ( we will just call it $1300 for both machines) and money was a limiting factor. Which would it be? Pinbot is 10 hours away and Diner is only 1. Seems like an easy choice but I’m really on the fence as Pinbot is one on my wishlist and I’ve never played a Diner

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

What do you Diner owners think of this. Still talking to the guy about this Diner I’m looking at. I have the opportunity to get a working Pinbot for around $1300. If I do this however it’s going to cause me to miss out on a Diner in similar or better shape and it would be priced similar or less for the Diner. If you had the option to pick up a working Diner or a working Pinbot ( we will just call it $1300 for both machines) and money was a limiting factor. Which would it be? Pinbot is 10 hours away and Diner is only 1. Seems like an easy choice but I’m really on the fence as Pinbot is one on my wishlist and I’ve never played a Diner

I would say Diner. I really like Pinbot, but I think it’s easier to find. A Diner for that price is a good get.

#1072 4 years ago

Diner all day.

#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I would say Diner. I really like Pinbot, but I think it’s easier to find. A Diner for that price is a good get.

This was my thought as well. There’s 3 pinbot on our marketplace alone right now but I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a Diner. My biggest hesitation is I’ve never played a Diner so my fear would be getting it and not caring for some aspect of it. I guess that’s lower risk though because there’s many people that want this title and I could probably spin it for something I do like a little down the road.

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Diner is a better game in my opinion.
Its brutal yet rewarding.
Simple in concept, yet challenging enough for experienced players.

I have mine at work and play it daily. Its the perfect short to medium play game as far as ball times.
I think they are way under valued and due to the limited run, fairly collectible.

I can get a pinbot anywhere, any time.

A working diner that has all the original parts is hard to find.

#1075 4 years ago

If the Diner really is in as good or better shape than the Pinbot, then you're getting at least a $500-700 discount on the Diner. I'd grab it quick.

#1076 4 years ago

Made custom decals for my diner. What do you think?
FC94E10E-A4B3-44CD-9671-4ED53535489F (resized).jpegFC94E10E-A4B3-44CD-9671-4ED53535489F (resized).jpeg

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Made custom decals for my diner. What do you think?
[quoted image]

Those look great!

#1078 4 years ago

So as some of you may or may not know my company has worked with PPS restoring older molds to bring parts back to life and to the market place. We both thought we had located the original diner cup molds but after many months of E mails, phone calls and sorting through inventory files we and the old molding company have come to terms that the molds have been lost to time. Sad because we actually found pictures of the molds.
So the good news, We have found the original drawings and I already have made 3D solid model files of it, AND I just received a PO from PPS for a new mold build for the cup!
New parts coming soon people! We are also taking suggestions for any other colors to be ran other than clear.

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

So as some of you may or may not know my company has worked with PPS restoring older molds to bring parts back to life and to the market place. We both thought we had located the original diner cup molds but after many months of E mails, phone calls and sorting through inventory files we and the old molding company have come to terms that the molds have been lost to time. Sad because we actually found pictures of the molds.
So the good news, We have found the original drawings and I already have made 3D solid model files of it, AND I just received a PO from PPS for a new mold build for the cup!
New parts coming soon people! We are also taking suggestions for any other colors to be ran other than clear.

Wow! Amazing!

#1080 4 years ago

Excellent news!!
Clear and white please.
*yes I know I could paint the old one,but I’d rather a new one in white already done*

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Wow, that’s awesome, really looking forward to this.

#1082 4 years ago

Polycarbonate is the normal blend and we can do transparent colors. White would have to be in abs or a nylon. I will check with the molder on that but very possible can do.

#1083 4 years ago

This is amazing new Looking forward to being able to complete my Diner restoration. Please keep us updated with the progress.

#1084 4 years ago

Nice! I will be looking for the release of the cup. Restored my Diner, but my cup is yellowed.

#1085 4 years ago

Amazing, have been waiting on this news! A lot of very happy Diner fans today.

Clear obv, but transparent orange would also sit very well with the neon orange highlights on the plastics.

Definately not transparent yellow

#1086 4 years ago

I've thought that the cup should be solid white for decades; very nice looking work by some folks on this thread, but I too would be very keen on having a solid molded white cup.
This is great news, thanks for staying on it! You're doing us all a huge favor.

#1087 4 years ago

I might be in for a clear cup. I think white looks nice, but I'd miss seeing the ball go around and around!

#1088 4 years ago

Hi! Somebody able to do scans of this plastics in natural size?
image_64550_1-1 (resized).jpgimage_64550_1-1 (resized).jpg
image_64563_1 (resized).jpgimage_64563_1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1090 4 years ago

Alright you nutjobs, by popular demand! M&M Creations began making repro MRS' in mid-2019, but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and we didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been slowly branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SWE1 and CC. MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. From that we modified the MRS to fit the CFTBL whirlpool so that one can remove the Cherry switch that the ball smacks as it rotates - this was a popular mod to do, using the original MRS, but now Creech owners could have an MRS that was custom fit. Well the same concept has been applied to the Transporter bowl, and now Diner...the results of which are in the pic below. Now, we colored that switch body GREEN for easy viewing - but in reality the switch is black. It is plug & play and self-adhering to the bowl - in essence identical to what we've done with Creech & Transporter. We just finished our first two switches for Diner club members today.....you'll find plenty of testimonial on the Creech & Transporter forums. Just PM to be put on the list....Thanks!

Matt (Sonic) & Dan (Blubboman)

6025573631 (resized).jpg6025573631 (resized).jpg
#1091 4 years ago

Well after of months of Production of cups
they are finally done and the 1st batch is ready
to ship and they are Really Nice.
They are 195.00 + shipping

20200209_095222 (resized).jpg20200209_095222 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095357_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095357_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095426_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095426_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095419_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200209-095419_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1092 4 years ago

Those look great!

#1093 4 years ago

Looks great!! An MRS would look even better on it : )

#1094 4 years ago

Like the way you think Sonic
Thanks flipper fun, lot of work but they are great, think people will really like them

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

They are 195.00 + shipping[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but we get the decals too for that price?

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

They are 195.00 + shipping[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are just beautiful!

What can we do to get the price down lower?

#1097 4 years ago

Unfortunately Not really much I can do with Price and I am Sorry about that. these were Very Expensive to Make compared to when they were produced some 25+yrs ago. between having a high end company reverse engineer and produce them
the price just starting going up. but nobody else was doing them but yet everyone wanted them so I figured I would give it a go.
I hated the yellow cup and the cracking going on. I believe You all will love these and they look awesome.
thanks Mike

#1098 4 years ago

Well after seeing this PPS has canceled the PO for the injection mold build that my shop was going to do, they would of been a exact build off the original drawings that I already had drawn in CAD and was about to start. Going out the window is a high quality injection molded polycarbonate that would of been available for many years to come and in many colors and for a price of $59
Sorry, I tried but PPS would like to invest the dollars in other repro projects.

#1099 4 years ago

Wtf no
Hate sound ungrateful but $195 is a no go for me. The original projected price was $75.

And now the pps order at $59 cancelled oh come on!

#1100 4 years ago

I am sorry some people feel this is expensive but the original guy who started this thread is a great guy was gonna make them with a friend in his garage and did not realized what it was gonna take in time, material costs etc. he was just trying to take a educated guess and really didnt want to do them and was fed up because no body was doing it and I was in the same boat .So I called him and let him know I had things in motion already and he was happy . I can promise you I am not getting Rich of these cups. I wanted to make these for cheaper but it didnt happen that way most companies dont even want to get involved with such little jobs. These cups are molded and are exact replicas that just take more time. To injection mold, the mold is I was quoted 15 to 25,000 and yes you can sell them for 75.00 so 2 things you have to look at 1 how many diner pins are left and 2 how long do you think its gonna take to get your return on investment back. Rick/ pps are smart business people and realize that as well as I did. so I opted to go with less set up costs which is still thousands and a higher price per part so I could get this done because i believe your only gonna sell maybe 100 of these parts
Everything is more expensive these days and you can't get things done for 59 dollars. if we could go back in time we would all buy the top shelf pinball machines of 2 to 3 grand.
hope this helps Explanation for th diner owners. I just wanted one for myself and to help other diner owners

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.