(Topic ID: 50275)

Diner Owners Club...Can I Take Your Order ?

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,027 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

468C8358-514E-474B-A4FA-6B6A48BF4BB2 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230818_015224729 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015217741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015252906 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014723841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014721016 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014827026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_014807488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015311263 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230818_015303822 (resized).jpg
01_s11_ssd3.jpg
00_s11_ssd3.jpg
CA32A5DE-C882-43F7-A308-499962824623 (resized).jpeg
7169687A-9648-4094-8846-EE493B1739D9 (resized).jpeg
8767A2EA-C9E9-4E11-B57D-E6906F386A32 (resized).jpeg
A421D1B0-5878-42D8-98BD-4F680FEC5B6B (resized).jpeg
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.
#1 10 years ago

Diner owners and appretiation thread!
A place where owners can talk about their machine from modding, help, and just a general chinwag about the game itself and why you think it's one of the greatest system 11s out there.

#2 10 years ago

Just got ours, and we're really getting into it. Here's the pic of our "System 11 Corner" of the basement that I shot to post on the System 11 club. System_11_corner_of_basement.jpgSystem_11_corner_of_basement.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Nice topper! ; )

#4 10 years ago

Thanks. I was looking for one of those, and a nice fellow Pinsider sold me his. It's actually a radio but looks just like a standard wall box such as the one on the Diner playfield. I have a line on a good Cyclone topper, but it hasn't materialized just yet. The High Speed was completely restored and is gorgeous. You can see the black powder coated legs, rails, coin door, etc. in this photo. It's only one of two pins I have that I'd rate as collector quality. (The other is my STTNG.)

Seems like a shame to keep all of these in a basement, but that is where I have a bit of space.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Seems like a shame to keep all of these in a basement, but that is where I have a bit of space.

Just finish your basement like I did.

Chris

#6 10 years ago

Has anyone thought if powder coating the wire form (habatrail) yellow like the early production

#7 10 years ago

Bet we are all waiting for cpr to finish the diner playfield

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Has anyone thought if powder coating the wire form (habatrail) yellow like the early production

Yes. I contacted Alex about it. He can do it if you wish. I ended up not sending him mine for monetary reasons, but still may.

Chris

#9 10 years ago

One you hit the right ramp so many times and you spin the saucer do you nudge the machine forwards and back gently if so I got 3.7 million of the saucer

#10 10 years ago

Diner is the best game in my collection. Yes, it's "just" better than Whirlwind.
-mof

#11 10 years ago

Underrated pin, but the word is getting out. Love the cup shot!

Mine is HUO and is here to stay!

#12 10 years ago

Just got mine home, played quite a bit on it.. such a great game.. great memories revived.

2 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

Fellow Diner owners,

Any chance someone could scan their center drop target plastic for me? The one that always breaks My machine is missing half of it, and I'd love a scan so I can attempt making a replacement.

thanks!

#14 10 years ago

Interesting, four years ago on the RGP site seems very few people gave Diner high marks. I owned one a few years back but sold it. The wife was not happy about that but the machine got old(very repetitive). I did powdercoat the wire ramp red and it really did make the machine look better.

2 months later
#15 10 years ago

Has anyone solved GI going out in the left side of the backbox? I swear someone posted a Diner thread on this...

thanks!
-mof

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Has anyone solved GI going out in the left side of the backbox? I swear someone posted a Diner thread on this...
thanks!
-mof

Had it happen on my taxi, relay was toast.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Had it happen on my taxi, relay was toast.

Interesting, can I ask how you diagnosed it?
-mof

#18 10 years ago

for me, it was a connector issue. My head pins were fine and I cheated and only replaced with IDC connector, but now works fine. I switched the backbox gi to LED's and I like the look and hope it reduces overheating problems. here's a pic of the toasty connector. Actually heard a sizzle when it happened.

WP_000156.jpgWP_000156.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Let my Diner go in a trade and miss it. I've got a couple other sys11s that keep me busy. I'll own a diner again some day.

#20 10 years ago

Diner is my wifes favorite, i'll go for it does

#21 10 years ago

Post deleted. Sorry about that!

#22 10 years ago

Diner was my first NIB game purchase and still one of the favorites in my collection. Back then, my pinball buddies (the precurser to the WV Pinball Players Club) thought I was "nuts" to spend the dollars on a brand new game. They all said I could get several nice EM's for what Diner cost. Now they all want to be the person listed in my will as the recipient of my Diner when I die!

Jim

#23 10 years ago

Diner is one of them uncommon games in the UK
And when you see it get it

The trick I found is when you shoot the ramp to spin the saucer
Whilst the ball is spinning around nudge the machine back and forth and I ended up getting 5 million out of that

#24 10 years ago

Aha! The Diner owner club...

I'm currently doing a full restoration of mine...

DinerRestoration_0001.JPGDinerRestoration_0001.JPG DinerRestoration_0006.JPGDinerRestoration_0006.JPG DinerRestoration_0024.JPGDinerRestoration_0024.JPG DinerRestoration_0077.JPGDinerRestoration_0077.JPG DinerRestoration_0083.JPGDinerRestoration_0083.JPG DinerRestoration_0109.JPGDinerRestoration_0109.JPG

#25 10 years ago

Continued...

DinerRestoration_0116.JPGDinerRestoration_0116.JPG DinerRestoration_0157.JPGDinerRestoration_0157.JPG DinerRestoration_0170.JPGDinerRestoration_0170.JPG DinerRestoration_0206.JPGDinerRestoration_0206.JPG DinerRestoration_0218.JPGDinerRestoration_0218.JPG DinerRestoration_0221.JPGDinerRestoration_0221.JPG

#26 10 years ago

And some more...

DinerRestoration_0225.JPGDinerRestoration_0225.JPG IMAG0821.jpgIMAG0821.jpg DinerRestoration_0249.JPGDinerRestoration_0249.JPG DinerRestoration_0251.JPGDinerRestoration_0251.JPG DinerRestoration_0252.JPGDinerRestoration_0252.JPG DinerRestoration_0261.JPGDinerRestoration_0261.JPG

#27 10 years ago

Amazing work! I desperately need to do the same work on my Diner.
-mof

#28 10 years ago

Looks great (thumbs up!)
--
Jeremy Agema
Central, WI

#29 10 years ago

What did you fill that backbox corner in with? I'm trying to boost my woodworking skills

#30 10 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

What did you fill that backbox corner in with? I'm trying to boost my woodworking skills

Just regular wood filler from the local DIY shop. In different stages off course, because the hole was so large.

#31 10 years ago

Ok, nice. I still haven't decided if I should pursue game restoration or game design, though.

#32 10 years ago

Well, I'm still learning. It's my third restoration and the first time I'm taking it this far.

#33 10 years ago

It's well worth the effort. Diner is a solid game.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel64:

Well, I'm still learning. It's my third restoration and the first time I'm taking it this far.

Next year or 3 i dunno
Cpr are going to release repo diner playfields

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

It's well worth the effort. Diner is a solid game.

Overall fun
Best system 11 game

1 week later
#36 10 years ago

Just posted an ad to see if anyone would like to buy mine. The reason is that B_R has a nice Tommy up for sale, and events of the past week have made that seem like something I'd enjoy having.

No worries either way. I like the Diner a lot, but it is the only pin in my collection that is worth pretty much exactly the same as the Tommy.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-in-or-near-nc-want-a-good-williams-diner#post-1057783

#37 10 years ago

My first pin was a Diner. The theme went well with the gameroom. I powdercoated the wire ramp red and it looked great. New ramps and a well waxed playfield made the game look and play great. Same GI problem as discussed, just changed the connectors on the inner connect board. My wife's favorite game but to me it just got old and I sold it. I had it for two years. I then decided that ramp games bore me especially when they deliver the ball right to the flipper for you. No longer a Richi fan.

1 month later
#38 10 years ago

Question for you folks... I just got a Diner in amazing shape (thanks to a fellow Pinsider and friend that restored it), but I am having trouble getting the Cup shot to score more than 2 times around the cup no matter how well I hit the shot. The game is at exactly 6.5 degrees with brand new rebuilt flippers. For folks who have their Diner at 6.5 degrees, how many cup rotations do you get?

Trying to understand if I have a weak flipper issue, or maybe 6.5 degrees is too steep to get proper scoring on the cup.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Marc

#39 10 years ago

I guess I'm in, although I haven't picked mine up yet.

It's pretty much my favorite game. Love the look and the flow of the crossing ramps, and the cool cup shot. Can't wait to get it.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Question for you folks... I just got a Diner in amazing shape (thanks to a fellow Pinsider and friend that restored it), but I am having trouble getting the Cup shot to score more than 2 times around the cup no matter how well I hit the shot. The game is at exactly 6.5 degrees with brand new rebuilt flippers. For folks who have their Diner at 6.5 degrees, how many cup rotations do you get?
Trying to understand if I have a weak flipper issue, or maybe 6.5 degrees is too steep to get proper scoring on the cup.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Marc

I have the same issue. I am rather sure it's the flipper strength. I've already cleaned and checked for ball travel slow-down imperfections. I need to learn how to get more pop out of my flippers I think.
-mof

#41 10 years ago

Bump for the night crowd!

Update: I replaced the Aux Driver board (pinballpcb.com) and it clearly added some power to all of my coils. Sadly, I wasn't able to hit the cup shot once, so, I cannot tell how much it helped the cup, but if anyone has an answer to my general question above, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Marc

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel64:

I'm currently doing a full restoration of mine...

Nice work so far Diesel64.I like the Diner theme a lot.It and Creature go together well.

2 weeks later
#43 10 years ago

This is my first pinball machine I've owned, I fell in loved with it at an arcade, at that point decided I needed to own it. I've owned mine since 1996, purchased from a previous collector. It did have some arcade use. But for the most part it's a very clean working machine. I've only added a few LED lights, to enhance certain playfield items. Cabinet has some wear, so it isn't brand new. But the playfield is fairly clean, with mylar installed. Love this machine.

2 weeks later
#44 10 years ago

Funny enough, replacing the flipper rubbers with harder Super Bands fixed my problem with the cup shot.

#45 10 years ago

Needed cash and considered selling mine last month but retracted my bad decision.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-diner-pinball-phoenix-az#post-1183355

Love the game. I did not know till way after I had my game that I had an original prototype with yellow habitrail and diamond plate. Guess that's why my pf is white and not beige like most I see.

One of the best games even today for guests and games rooms, etc. top 3 best looking games ever.139234-i.jpg139234-i.jpg

2 weeks later
#46 10 years ago

I made this a while ago, but just adjusted the checkerboard pattern to better line up with the apron checkers.

It's made to print on 4x6 photo stock, then the 3/4" should be trimmed off the bottom before putting it in your game. (Walgreens will print this for 20 cents).

Maybe you can make use of it?

diner_Freeplay.jpgdiner_Freeplay.jpg

2 months later
#47 10 years ago

I'm SOOOO pumped. I'm picking a Diner up in the next few days. Details to follow!

#48 10 years ago

PS: I also had the dreaded half of my GI lights don't work happen to me, but on my Taxi. For me, it wasn't the relay at all. Check at the bottom of the cabinet next to the transformer. I had a burnt connector coming right off the transformer. It was right in front of me but because of all the folks saying it was their relay, it took me forever to notice it!

1 month later
#49 10 years ago

Im finally in the Diner club!! I have been wanting this game for a long time. I picked it up last Sunday and managed to get all of the bugs worked out except the GI on the right side of the backbox is still not working.

Does anyone have a plastic set or know of where I can buy a plastic set for my Diner. Most of my plastics are just ok but a few are trashed. The plastic in the middle above the yellow drop targets is totally destroyed.

#50 10 years ago

One of my favourite games and one of the best looking pinballs imo. Here is a shot of my game in my diner themed gamesroom.

diner.jpgdiner.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-clubowners-and-previous-owners-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.