• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

power supply (resized).jpg
Williams_Diner_Tech_Chart.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 6 years ago

Well, this kinda sucks but here it is.

Everything was working as expected until I moved the game into the lineup. When I powered it up there, the display did not come on and I found that F3 was blowing on the PS board.

I decided to remove the display board and inspect the display units and found that a mounting screw (a something screw) had fallen into the area between the displays and the display PCB, assuming it was causing a short resulting in the fuse blowing.

I pulled it out and reconnected everything, the fuse is still blowing. Where should I go from here?

#2 6 years ago

The first thing to do is look in the manual and locate fuse F3 and see what it controls or what it is associated to.The display needs 100 volt power to work

#3 6 years ago

F3 is for your 25v controlled solenoids. If its popping right away it would have to be shorted somewhere. Start searching.
-Mike

Williams_Diner_Tech_Chart.pdfWilliams_Diner_Tech_Chart.pdf

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

F3 is for your 25v controlled solenoids. If its popping right away it would have to be shorted somewhere. Start searching.
-Mike

wrong board, but thanks for reply.

Quoted from pinmike:

The first thing to do is look in the manual and locate fuse F3 and see what it controls or what it is associated to.The display needs 100 volt power to work

It's the output to the display.

#5 6 years ago

My mistake, at work and reading too fast.
-Mike

#6 6 years ago

Ok,here's something's to test on the power supply board.. diode D4 (1n4004 could have shorted)Put meter in diode setting and test that diode. And along with this diode it may have also shorted the 100 volt 1n4764 zener diode and the MJE15031 transistor on that power supply board.(and 39k resistor would be suspect also) It would be a good idea to test all of these.

power supply (resized).jpgpower supply (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ok,here's something's to test on the power supply board.. diode D4 (1n4004 could have shorted)Put meter in diode setting and test that diode. And along with this diode it may have also shorted the 100 volt 1n4764 zener diode and the MJE15031 transistor on that power supply board.(and 39k resistor would be suspect also) It would be a good idea to test all of these.

thank you! will report back.

2 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-blowing-f3-on-power-supply-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.