Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballinreno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

_45_Translite (resized).jpg

#1 5 days ago

Working on my first playfield swap for a buddy's Diner. The game is filthy, probably never been cleaned from spending it's whole life in a smoky bar.

As I was cleaning the game, I noticed these voids on the backglass. I think this is a translite but the glass is missing two of the plastic channels that are supposed to hold the translite in place. I have carefully tried to remove the translite from the glass but it does not want to budge.

Could this be a case of someone having glued the translite to the backglass? Could it be just filth holding the translite in-place?

I have experience with EM's, very little with SS. Is this normal for a translite?

_45_Translite (resized).jpg
#2 5 days ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Working on my first playfield swap for a buddy's Diner. The game is filthy, probably never been cleaned from spending it's whole life in a smoky bar.
As I was cleaning the game, I noticed these voids on the backglass. I think this is a translite but the glass is missing two of the plastic channels that are supposed to hold the translite in place. I have carefully tried to remove the translite from the glass but it does not want to budge.
Could this be a case of someone having glued the translite to the backglass? Could it be just filth holding the translite in-place?
I have experience with EM's, very little with SS. Is this normal for a translite?
[quoted image]

Diner comes with a translite from the factory.

Its probably just stuck on with dried grease or grime.

Try a little soapy water to remove it.

Be careful of the white coating on the back its fragile and windex or cleaners can damage it.

The front is very durable. Even if some idiot glued it on, the front and be aggressively cleaned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Alexandria , VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside