• Latest reply 9 years ago by pintechev
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

di.JPG
#1 9 years ago

got a diner and the ball will not enter the playfield at the shooter lane feeder...so I manually have trip the switch to pop the ball to where I can shoot it up to the playfield and play..... I noticed the 3 main jet pop bumpers don't work either......hmmm

so I changed the solenoid on the shooter lane feeder but still nothing...... after checking the manual the 3 pop bumbers and shoot lane feeder are all on the same circuit......

SOL 17, 18, 21 and 22 ....... (25v) I checked all the fuses and reseated the connectors.......anything else I am missing.....

thanks I n advance

di.JPGdi.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Do you have + 25 vdc At coil ? The power side of these coils also travels through 2j8 -11 on interconnect board

#3 9 years ago

oh man....im a noobie at this.....

on the above pic are you talking about the 25vdc supply on the Aux board?

or the coil? ( is the same as the solenoid AE-23-800)

#4 9 years ago

I powered up the game......the coil or solenoid AE-23-800 has no power.......

I tested a lamp next to it and got power.......

#5 9 years ago

do the slingshots work?

#6 9 years ago

sup Todd!!! lol

yes the only ones that are not are the 3 top jet pop and the shooter lane feeder......

#7 9 years ago

Pull fuses f8 and f1 on aux driver board and verify they are good if ok then see if you have +25 vdc there if that's ok you'll have to follow circuit through to interconnect board that's the board on the bottom left side of the backbox

#8 9 years ago

thanks pintime!!! will check

#9 9 years ago

Definitely sounds like a fuse. HOWEVER there is a high likelihood that a bad diode or transistor caused a coil to lock up and blow the fuse. When and if you find a bad fuse and install the new one. Look and listen for a coil to lock up. You will hear it bang and then vibrate if you have a bad transistor.

#10 9 years ago

I think if it was a fuse, the slings wouldn't work either..... My guess is a broken wire somewhere.. probably a blue one.

#11 9 years ago

I check continuity on the fuses and all came back ok......blue one hmmm..

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I think if it was a fuse, the slings wouldn't work either..... My guess is a broken wire somewhere.. probably a blue one.

Good point. Kinda like X-Mas tree lighting. Find the last powered up connection and move forward / backwards.

#13 9 years ago

thanks guys!!! will check when I get home today!! I love this pin and want to get it going right since I just got it

#14 9 years ago

You have to pull the fuses out to test them.

#15 9 years ago

thanks schonb!!

#16 9 years ago

pintime thank you!!!! it was f1 and f8 fuses...... i just replaced them and bam!!!! thank you guys!!!

#17 9 years ago

Great news! I'll have the chili and fries!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-3-jet-bumpers-not-working-and-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.