4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DemoManDimensions (resized).jpg
    Picture1 (resized).jpg
    Picture2 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I am seriously considering buying my first pin, but I need to know precise measurements of a standard size pin in order to plan for transportation as well as figure out whether or not it's possible to negotiate some tricky basement stairs. A Google search reveals several results about the dimensions of a standard machine, but they mostly give a range of measurements and don't include any dimensions with the back box in the down position. A search on Pinside reveals many threads about whether or not a pin will fit in a specific vehicle, but nothing specific about negotiating narrow stairs.

Specifically I need to know these precise measurements showed in the attached pics for a standard-sized cabinet pin manufactured after 1985 (no EMs):

W1: The widest part of the main cabinet, including the lock down bar and/or flipper buttons.
    W2: The width of the back box, which looks like to me to be the widest part of a fully assembled pin.
    H1: The height of the main cabinet with a lowered back box.
    H2: The tallest part of the main cabinet (back box removed).
    L: The length of the main cabinet.

I hope HemiOrange09 doesn't mind that I used a couple of his photos in a recent ad as examples as they show a standard pin packaged and ready to go. It was his ad that has made me think that I really need to stop thinking about getting my first pin (or 5) and just do it.

My home however has very tricky stairs leading to the basement and I need to know if it's even possible to get a pin down there without damage to myself, the house, or the pin. Plus I need to start thinking about how to haul a pin purchased locally to my house. This is why I need precise measurements that an internet search isn't giving me as I'm afraid that I'll be dealing with tight spaces and every inch counts.

Picture1 (resized).jpgPicture1 (resized).jpgPicture2 (resized).jpgPicture2 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

A Google search reveals several results about the dimensions of a standard machine, but they mostly give a range of measurements and don't include any dimensions with the back box in the down position.

There isn't a precise standard size. If you don't have one of your own to measure try looking in the manual for the machine in question. There is also a thread with many different vehicles a pinball machine fits in.

Here is an example from the Demolition Man manual.
    DemoManDimensions (resized).jpgDemoManDimensions (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago

Also, don't forget about the weight. Hauling a pin alone through stairs is very tough, unless you have an escalera or similar dolly to help. Get a couple of strong friends to help you carry it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dimensions-for-a-standard-size-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.