image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2013-01-09_19-09-00_170.jpg
100_1756.jpg
100_1755.jpg
100_1754.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Decided to pull the trigger and give my Dimension some love. Just ordered the new plastics from down under and the Backglass from the Webb's. I'm one of those old cheap ass pinball collectors so this was a big investment for me considering my existing ones were not terrible. Dimension is the first EM I bought 20 years ago and is the jewel of my EM collection. And now the waiting begins...

#2 11 years ago

The waiting will be easier once your game gets the lovin it deserves.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Looks like it's time to start a "Dimension Club"...Members only club. LOL Wonder if you can just buy the center plastic as that's the only one broke on mine.

100_1754.jpg100_1754.jpg 100_1755.jpg100_1755.jpg 100_1756.jpg100_1756.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Nice. The Webb's? I've got a 2001 in need of a new backglass, and the only likely place I've found so far was bgresto. Never heard of Webb's.

Boy, the artwork sure is different for Dimension! I think I like the art for 2001, but the add-a-ball of Dimension.

#5 10 years ago

Polonius
I am just the reverse... I like the art package on dimension better than the 2001 but like the replay of the 2001. Ron webb is going to repro the backglass for 2001 soon so Mine will be looking forward to that upgrade

2013-01-09_19-09-00_170.jpg2013-01-09_19-09-00_170.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Will watch this with interest..can't recommend Pinball Rescue's products high enough..they are top notch http://www.pinballrescue.net

I own a Galaxie which I'm about to restore.

Keep the updates coming!

#7 10 years ago

My Dimension is easily one of my favorite all time EMs. I have a Ron Webb repro back glass on it and its a work of art. I've also bought repro plastics for another pin from pinball rescue and they're top notch as well.
I've also got an NOS playfield that ive yet to install for this machine but the one on it isn't too bad. Has the usual wear between and above the pop bumpers and some planking.
I prefer both the artwork and game play of Dimension over 2001 but 2001 is a stellar machine that I'd be happy to own. Drop targets, artwork, and gameplay are very original and IMO among the best of all the wedgeheads.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

you can get your 2001 backglass restored.
i have a restored version in my game and it looks quite good.
http://bgresto.com/?p=15

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Never heard of Webb's.

Ron & Nancy Webb. Here is the link: http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

Interesting color choice on that that Palooka cabinet... I've got two of those in storage waiting for the time to do a swap'n'shop. One was a wedding present from my wife 20 years ago, so I need to keep it mostly original with just a few upgrades from the donor machine. Fun game.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks guys. This thread just reminds me why I want to keep Card Trix, and not sell it. VIVA LE WEDGEHEAD!

1 week later
#11 10 years ago

Well, the BG arrived safely. Very nice and fresh...the blues may be a tad lighter than original, but not complaining. Now, just waiting for the African sparrow to wing it's way from down under to arrive with the plastics....foot tapping...waiting patiently...not.

#12 10 years ago

What a lot of drop targets!!! Are the rubbers behind the targets a pair of BIG rubbers?

How does the score motor handle 3000 points, is it like a 3 notched cam?

#13 10 years ago

I've seen people put a pair on each side, but I've only used one each side and still have a lot of fast bumper/kicker action. Don't remember off-hand if it is a 5" or 6" long ring.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Don't remember off-hand if it is a 5" or 6" long ring.

They look bigger then that, i was thinking they maybe hard to find.

#15 10 years ago

The biggest rings I have in the work room right now is 4". I stretched it above the posts and it seems about 1-2" short so I'm thinking it's probably a 5 1/2". Anybody confirm? I'll need to order some.

Good news is the plastics arrived today. They look great! Probably won't get to the swap for a week or so, but can't wait!

#16 10 years ago

Schematic sheet says it takes four 5" rings.

#17 10 years ago

Ahh cool! Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dimension-upgrade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.