armature (resized).JPG
target reset (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
targets down (resized).JPG
Reset banks (resized).JPG
P1040409_(resized).JPG
P1040408_(resized).JPG
P1040407_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bee-barf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi, I am a newbe, On my Dimension game, a new game start up does not reset any drop targets. When all drop targets on one side are down, and the ball drains, the targets reset. How can I resolve this. Thanks

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Crazy Levi, I removed the bank from the bottom and flipped it over. Man that is sure easier than a mirror, light and contact tool. Thanks. Now I have a problem with the 500 points roll over, keeps blowing my 10 amp playfield fuse. Any suggestions where to start. Thanks

#5 8 years ago

I noticed under this bank, the four hard to get at contact blades rest on the housing. One of them has a little round insulator plug, the others have no insulation barrier. Is this causing a short on the 500 point roll overs and top holes?

#6 8 years ago

Any ideas? Targets reset when ball drains but, don't reset on a new game? Could it be a contact on the motor at start up?

#8 8 years ago

here are the pictures, thanks for your help!

P1040407_(resized).JPGP1040407_(resized).JPG

P1040408_(resized).JPGP1040408_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago

Here is another photo

P1040409_(resized).JPGP1040409_(resized).JPG

#13 8 years ago

When starting a new game, what is different in resetting targets as apposed to: during a game and targets are down ball drains and now reset? Please help me follow the electrical path. I can't read this darn schematic! Thanks for your time and help.

#15 8 years ago

O.K. This is where I am with this now. I removed the reset bank to serviceable position cleaned and checked point gaps.When I start a game if one side of drop targets are all down, they reset at start of a new game. If only a few targets are down on one side, they don't reset? Can you tell by the schematics which contact(s) are not completing the path? Thanks so much.

#16 8 years ago

I'm still stumped. Does not seem possible. To reset correctly when supposed to after knock-down, but not reset at start of new game. Can someone help me follow the start-up path were the targets are meant to reset? PLEASE

9 months later
#18 7 years ago

I still have targets not reseting at start of game, only when ball drains on Wow. wish I knew the path @ start-up to follow. Any help appreciated. Thanks

2 years later
#20 4 years ago

After a break from trying to fix this machine, I am back at it. So, still targets don't reset upon start up, and don't score points. Could these two be related? I also receive an occasional 50 pts. when the ball drains. Thanks.

#22 4 years ago

Awesome ArgosySK, Thanks so much for the fast reply. I will look at your suggestions this aft. Thank you Thank you

#25 4 years ago

So I got as far as the targets scoring and playing a game but, during the game the R relay( hold relay) would energize and stay on. Don't know why this happens. Also I am having no luck with targets resetting at start of a game. Thanks, i'm going back to the machine now.

#28 4 years ago

To trouble shoot, could I alligator clip to by pass AB or LB? I'm still having no luck with start up/targets up. Any other ideas?

#30 4 years ago

Thanks ArgosySK, Do you think i'm risking any damage in using alligator clips, one at a time on these relay tabs? And only at start up?

2 weeks later
#32 4 years ago

I have used the alligator clips but no clues. I'm starting to think the targets don't reset at start of game. But, It makes the game less challenging. Now during the game about half way threw a game, the plungers on all three chime bars stay energized (humming)? Any thoughts? Thanks

#37 4 years ago

I just ordered the armatures today. Thanks everyone!

#39 4 years ago

Yes,they were missing lifters, but I did have electricial tape there. I'm willing to try it anyway. Question, are AB & LB at start of game open or closed? I have them closed. I don't think it's possible to have them open. The schematic shows them both ways. Thanks.

1 week later
#41 4 years ago

I have replaced the new armatures/lifters and it didn't help reset the targets at start-up. I will check the R relay and DB relay again. Thanks.

#42 4 years ago

Just can't figure out why, when a row of targets gets knocked down and ball drains,they reset. Either side. But starting a new game they don't reset. Must be one step at start up that it's missing.

#44 4 years ago

I am not sure what I did but now ; no points are scored but, chimes that ring and lock, along with the corresponding relays lock on. 10, 100 and 1000 pts. Man this is frustrating.

#47 4 years ago

On starting a new game, the 1000 pts. score reel is stuck and doesn't move.... so that I think that is causing the ball count unit to fire and does nothing. If I set the 1000 pts. score reel to zero, I can start a game. Targets stay in the original position, but reset when they all are down on that side, after ball drain. Any one have ideas? THANK YOU.

#49 4 years ago

Thanks HowardR, I got a stupid question: not sure what a thousands unit is, or a unit runout is. Is this in the armature, the score motor or score reel? Thanks.

#50 4 years ago

In the score motor, I have noticed, two different side by side contacts give a blue spark. In your experience, what does this indicate? Thanks, They are 1A, 1st and 2nd switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bee-barf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dimension-reset?tu=bee-barf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.