• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0824_(resized).JPG
20160113_170055_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm looking for a little guidance on a Gottlieb Dimension. I got it several years ago, it's been in my basement, but I've never really given it much attention. I've had a number of wedgehead machines and this is one of the nicer ones. The cabinet is all original paint and does have it's scratches and dings, but overall is in good shape. It's got the normal yellowing that you see in wedgeheads. But the inside of the game is clean as a whistle. Just based on the inside, you almost have to wonder if it was HUO, but I don't have any other reason to think it was. I'm not sure on the counter.

The backglass is very nice with some minor lifting in the blue eye shadow, but otherwise solid. The playfield is also super nice. It has all of the original drop targets as well. It definitely has not seen any abuse.

I recently took it to a friend that has shopped several EM machines. This is the 4th game I've taken to him and he does a fantastic job making them shine and also does a very thorough job of going through the mechanics and making them play right. He recently emailed me and said it was ready for me to pick up, so right now, I don't have any pictures of it, but can certainly post them as soon as I get it from him. I hope to do that this week. In the mean time, I found a few pictures that I took back in 2011 after it had been here for a while and crap had started to pile up on it. http://imgur.com/a/ixX7S

In the mean time, I've decided to part ways with it. It's part of a larger decision to sell off my collection. But in looking at sales prices, I can pretty comfortably price everything else, but this one game stymies me a bit. It may be that it's going to have to be eBay bound to determine it's most accurate value, but before doing that, I thought I'd see what others have to say.

#2 8 years ago

Around here, if you can find one, even a project will set you back $6-800. Yours looks pretty decent, depending on the level of 'shopping' your friend did (all metal polished inside and out, etc), yours could easily fetch $1500. I am currently restoring one with another waiting in storage. Do your drop target banks have the later rubber bumpers to cushion the reset bars? Neither of mine do. Discussed this with Steve Young today and his 1970 parts catalog shows the original style having them. Some of the earliest seem to have been built without (also don't have the later nylon sleeve). I hope you are not forced to sell your collection due to a hardship. Looks like a nice, diverse set of games from all eras.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I hope you are not forced to sell your collection due to a hardship. Looks like a nice, diverse set of games from all eras.

Thanks. It's not a hardship, just one of those tough grown up decisions we have to make some times. I really do like the collection I have. It's taken me many years to put together so much awesomeness in so little space. I'm quite proud of it.

Quoted from stashyboy:

Do your drop target banks have the later rubber bumpers to cushion the reset bars?

I'm not real sure to be honest. It played before I took it to him to shop out. He does a fantastic job and I'm excited to see it. I'll take a note to try and see if it's there on mine or not.

#4 8 years ago

Dimension in my humble opinion is one of the best playing wedge heads ever made. I have had 3 in my years of collecting!

#5 8 years ago

I agree on 1500 with a nice playfield, original cabinet and good glass. Naturally with it shopped and running 100% it's very desirable . I hate to see it end up on eBay , try mr.P and pinside market first

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I hate to see it end up on eBay , try mr.P and pinside market first

Out of curiosity, does putting it on ebay somehow taint the machine? I prefer not to deal with ebay myself just because of the hassle and the fees, but that's just a personal thing...

#7 8 years ago

On my wish list. I'll IM you.

#8 8 years ago

Can't see much from those pictures really. I'd guess $800-1100 around here, unless it's really extraordinary.

Extraordinary means no wear on the playfield at the top 4 kickout holes. Every Dimension I've ever seen has wear there.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can't see much from those pictures really. I'd guess $800-1100 around here, unless it's really extraordinary.
Extraordinary means no wear on the playfield at the top 4 kickout holes. Every Dimension I've ever seen has wear there.

Unless someone pays crazy money for an NOS one from Italy! oh, and make that 5 kickoff holes!

20160113_170055_(resized).jpg20160113_170055_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Unless someone pays crazy money for an NOS one from Italy! oh, and make that 5 kickoff holes!

20160113_170055_(resized).jpg

I did to!

IMG_0824_(resized).JPGIMG_0824_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

yours I'd definitely ask 1500 for if it works 100%. Cab wear is the least problematic and it's rare and one of the best players.

#12 8 years ago

Tyamry that is absolutely gorgeous

#13 8 years ago

Dimension is an amazing game. The new owner will be very happy!

Marcus

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I did to!

IMG_0824_(resized).JPG

#15 8 years ago

I got one of those playfield a from Italy. Got him down in price. That's next on my list after goldstrike is done But I would say 1500 is a good start for yours

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

I got one of those playfield a from Italy. Got him down in price. That's next on my list after goldstrike is done But I would say 1500 is a good start for yours

Great minds think alike! Doing them both right now!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

I got one of those playfield a from Italy. Got him down in price.

I must of been sleeping...there were playfields available for this game? Were they repro's or NOS? Still available or long gone?

#18 8 years ago

Guy from Italy (former operator I think) had/has a bunch of NOS fields listed on Ebay. Had 3 Dimension, think they are gone now. They were listed for $1100(?)

#19 8 years ago

Don't know if it was his last one but one recently sold.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb dimension galaxy pinball Playfield N O S

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Don't know if it was his last one but one recently sold.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dimension Galaxy Pinball Playfield N O S

That's the one I'm using on a restore right now.

2 months later
#21 8 years ago

Thanks to my crazy work schedule the last few months, I finally managed to go pick up my Dimension this morning. When I got home, there was a small break in the rain, so I set it up real quick to snap a load of pics. I still haven't landed on an asking price yet and it's not technically for sale until local first-rights-of-refusal have been met. I gotta take care of the guys that have taken care of me over the years!

But in the mean time, I thought I'd share the pics. http://imgur.com/a/4dKjt

#22 8 years ago

That tear by the right pop devalues the game by 100-200$ In my eyes .

#23 8 years ago

Nice looking game.......I have one and really like it

IMO, I would value at $1100 - $1400

The good: 490 produced - rare game
Fun playing game with good artwork
Nice cabinet sides - not beat up like most
Plays 100% and is shopped/restored
Good coin door/legs, etc.
Clean cabinet

In between: Good bg but I would put a repro in the game for $273 (est.) if Ron Webb makes another run (currently out of stock)
Pf is good - maybe better than a lot - but has wear that will have to be touched up and cleared or left as is

The bad: Front of cabinet around coin door and face of head
Pf wear
Bg has a little flaking in eye shadow and veining in a score window, sticker

Are any of the drop target lips busted off on the bottom? Common to this game. Sometimes guys will replace those at $4 apiece for $80 total for 20 of them.

GLWS

#24 8 years ago

I see a very nice solid game there. I would leave this one alone and just wax and play it. I see a 1200-1500 dollar value in that game easily. It is very rare and sought after.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dimension-pricing-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.