(Topic ID: 4469)

Dime machines

By RWH

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone ever play the flipperless dime machines (Bingo), the ones that used to pay off???? I spent many, many hrs playing these machines in my parents establishment. They finally out-lawed them in Ohio due to the gambling aspect but, man in thier day they raked in the money!!!! My parents would have to have thiers emptied twice aweek or more at times and each of the three they had in the bar held $500.00 bucks in dimes. They were placed in all the bars,resturants,pool halls by vending companies here in Cincy. I understand the states' reasoning now (unregulated gaming) but boy I sure didn't then, I missed em!!!!!

#2 12 years ago

something amazing happens when you tell someone he/she is playing a table that was once 10 cents a game - They cant stop playing it.

#3 12 years ago

I used to play dime pinball machines in the 60's and 70's or 3 games for a quarter 5 balls per game

#4 12 years ago

I have a 60s wms. Alpine Club set on free play but when i point to the coin slot that it took dimes.
    Like a weird spell on pixie dust they need to play it 10 times in a row

#5 12 years ago

My Uncle used to make a living off of playing these as well as playing pool. He had one at his house and I used to play it everyday. Granted, I had no idea what I was doing, but, I remember it was fun watching the lights come on. This started my obsession with pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dime-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.