7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm relatively new to working on system 11 games and have a Pool Sharks with some flashers that are dim. They trigger, but the filament barely lights up. I tested the resistors on the Aux board, and they are all in spec (~6 or ~11 Ohm, depending on which one). I'd say about 3 of the flasher circuits are dim, while the other ones work just fine. Example: Rt. drops and backbox are fine; left drops and backbox the filament barely lights.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks -- I'll check both. I did reseat the plugs, but haven't taken out the board to look for cold solder joints.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Also the resistors for the flashlamps are not on the aux power supply, they are on the interconnect board.

Sorry -- yes, that is what I meant. For the left drop flashers for which there is one on the PF and one in the backbox, when I unplugged J11 (disconnecting the BB flasher), the PF flasher was at normal brightness. Plugged back in J11, and both were dim. Opposite effect when J12 is unplugged. BB flasher is at normal brightness. Seems like a resistor problem -- I'll double check those values.

#7 7 years ago

Turns out that the interconnect board is from a different game (Earthshaker according to the serial number sticker) with a completely different set of resistors. I was assuming the resistors were correct and basing my tests of them to the values printed on the resistors. So, while the resistors were in spec, nearly all of them are incorrect for the game. Thanks for the help as it got me going down the right path.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dim-flashers-pool-sharks-system-11?tu=lyonsden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.